over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Anabolics, Androgens, and Calves

Love_to_Bodybuild

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Ive always heard Lyle Mcdonald say theres not many androegns in the calves and for a person that doesnt have the genetics in the calf department , you can make the most of what you got, and definately improve.

I trained naturally a long time (didnt do my first inject untill 2014 at 33 years old) looking back, Ive made some of my best calve gains with Dc training untill that stalled , maybe a half inch.

Recently, I start prioritizing calves going real heavy, and even doing them on a day of their own so i can really put a lot of intensity into them and work them when I have the most energy first thing into them. they seemed to have improve a little

I know this is a little ocd but is their a guesstimated percent, aas help calves grow over someone who is natty not using anything?

With my calves I dont notice a difference like with upper body especially on calves since I started, and would have to boil it down to training them heavier and harder but I could be wrong

Last edited:
I remember reading "Anabolic Steroids in Sport and Exercise", by Dr. Charles E. Yesalis...... there was some info about androgen receptors are most dense in neck/shoulders/delts hence anyone on juice usually has rounder delts and larger traps.
As you go down the body there are less and less receptors in MOST individuals. So calves are often the muscles with least receptors. Again, I am going off of memory about reading the book and adding my logical thinking.

I don't think calves will change much no matter how you train them. imo you have them or you don't.
I have genetics for large calves. Whether I train them or not. So, I figure the opposite would be true too. if you don't have genetics for them whether you train them or not they will prob always be a struggling bodypart.

My theory about classic bb'ers is they had relatively smaller legs cuz they never mega dosed so never fully saturated all the receptors in their legs. Just a theory of mine....
-F2S

Last edited:
I wonder if androgens in MCT oil site injected would help. MCT oil upregulates androgen receptors

I wonder if androgens in MCT oil site injected would help. MCT oil upregulates androgen receptors

Injecting gear into your calves would be painful. I am about to start a syntherol cycle in my calves and I will also be starting an aas cycle so sort of doing what you state. I would rather not inject gear into my calves though as everything combined would cause a lot of unnecessary inflammation. Although an odd small test e inject would be fine but I am definitely not going to be injecting all my gear in my calves :eek::D

I have naturally big calves but i notice they get bigger, more appealing if i actually focus on them.

So basically, ignoring them because of the genetic factor would be a bad idea IMO.

I think the are more difficult to grow for other reasons, mainly because they are involved in walking, more endurance type muscle fibers, genetics and insertion etc. I do think you can grow them to a certain point but some people have them and some don't.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337Z using Tapatalk

Injecting gear into your calves would be painful. I am about to start a syntherol cycle in my calves and I will also be starting an aas cycle so sort of doing what you state. I would rather not inject gear into my calves though as everything combined would cause a lot of unnecessary inflammation. Although an odd small test e inject would be fine but I am definitely not going to be injecting all my gear in my calves :eek::D

I have played with the idea of brewing like 25mg/ML test Ethan in MCT oil so I'd have my site enhancing oil and my HRT dose covered. That shouldn't hurt

I remember reading "Anabolic Steroids in Sport and Exercise", by Dr. Charles E. Yesalis...... there was some info about androgen receptors are most dense in neck/shoulders/delts hence anyone on juice usually has rounder delts and larger traps.
As you go down the body there are less and less receptors in MOST individuals. So calves are often the muscles with least receptors. Again, I am going off of memory about reading the book and adding my logical thinking.

I don't think calves will change much no matter how you train them. imo you have them or you don't.
I have genetics for large calves. Whether I train them or not. So, I figure the opposite would be true too. if you don't have genetics for them whether you train them or not they will prob always be a struggling bodypart.

My theory about classic bb'ers is they had relatively smaller legs cuz they never mega dosed so never fully saturated all the receptors in their legs. Just a theory of mine....
-F2S

lucky you and the guys who have great calves.

I've had very big upper legs before I even started weight training and when i started they blow up. At one point 29.5 and yes that was when nattty so upper legs have always come easy for me.

In fact right now I dont train upper legs as intense as I could, neither, back bc im okay with where they are but I put the maximum effort into calves so I can balance things out a bit.

anyone remember the guy a year or so back who posted that there's a correlation between calve size and penis size =-) some people have too much time on their hands. and no I do not buy that, as they are separate body parts and have nothing to do with one another

ok back on subject

Last edited:
I have small calves and despite the ridiculous shin and calve pumps I get they haven't grown much on AAS

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
knarf447
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131