YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Anabolics Vs. Androgens What's truely need?

His hair looked better when he wore it long in a ponytail....LOL

edge250 said:
you do have beautiful hair

You guys are just jealous. At least my hair line has receded to the point were it does not connect to my eyebrows anymore, but I still have a unibrow. :p

GREAT read, thanks for taking the time to post.

If this is an ignorant question then just pretend I didn't ask it lol

Are you using the Airm as an anti e? and if so I thought you were suggesting no anti e unless needed. I am guessing you mean if you are retaining water etc is that correct?

My friend who lives in South America uses 500mg test 400mg Deca and clomid 150 EOD and only something else if he starts to retain water, which he almost never does. In your opinion is this correct?

Thanks

CROWLER

Magnum, great info, interesting points..makes alot of sense..I am really glad I read this thread..I never thought about that before..I always took it as test was King and everthing else was just something to add to the test for better gains without all the sides..but that makes a hell of alot of sense what you sugest..
thx

Crowler said:
GREAT read, thanks for taking the time to post.

If this is an ignorant question then just pretend I didn't ask it lol

Are you using the Airm as an anti e? and if so I thought you were suggesting no anti e unless needed. I am guessing you mean if you are retaining water etc is that correct?

My friend who lives in South America uses 500mg test 400mg Deca and clomid 150 EOD and only something else if he starts to retain water, which he almost never does. In your opinion is this correct?

Thanks

CROWLER

Yep, I don't use anti-e's unless I feel I need them. Granted you are going to hold water to some degree. Just the nature of the beast.

Magnum said:
People need to remember that bodybuilders are not powerlifters. There is no reason for reps to ever be any lower than 6-8. I personally keep my reps at around 10-12 and for legs I go anywhere between 15 to 30 or more. It's funny because once I upped my reps I also got bigger than ever. Lee Haney said "train don't strain" and there is a lot to be said for that.

Even though others on here feel that you should go for the 6-8 rep range thing, I'm quickly beginning to agree with Magnum here. Seems that a SLIGHTLY higher rep range yeilds better SIZE results, regardless of how much stronger your getting.

time under tension is more important than your rep range. some off the thickest, most massive bodybuilders were once powerlifters.......coleman, jackson, francios, columbo

I agree 100% edge250.
It seems time under tension and load are more important than number of reps.

Not to let anyone think that sloppy form with bigger loads will get you results (it will injure you for sure) but good form and bigger wieghts will give superb,dense mass.
It's no surprise all powerlifters and weightlifters apart from the superheavyweights have to diet hard in order to stay in their category.Mass comes with strength,no doubt.

Magnum said:
Yep, I don't use anti-e's unless I feel I need them. Granted you are going to hold water to some degree. Just the nature of the beast.

Thank you, this is how I've always been...and no one ever wanted to hear it.

BW

MAgnum thanks this thread has popped off well over the weekend and seems to answer alot of questions for people. I want to clarify something, I never thought there was a magic shot or dose or anything like that. I was more curious about that ration of androgens to anabolics. I wanted to see what you thought about that and I believe you answered the wuestion just fine. I know there's many on the board that use more anabolics than androgens and they feel that it works really well for them. IF I remember right, Big Kiwi is a fan of the higher anabolics. Thanks for taking this on and showing anothers opinion on the subject.

Armageddon said:
MAgnum thanks this thread has popped off well over the weekend and seems to answer alot of questions for people. I want to clarify something, I never thought there was a magic shot or dose or anything like that. I was more curious about that ration of androgens to anabolics. I wanted to see what you thought about that and I believe you answered the wuestion just fine. I know there's many on the board that use more anabolics than androgens and they feel that it works really well for them. IF I remember right, Big Kiwi is a fan of the higher anabolics. Thanks for taking this on and showing anothers opinion on the subject.

Your welcome, glad I could help.

Could you give an example Magnum??

Magnum, could you give us and example of what you would consider a average anabolic cycle with test (low dose) as a base? I'm 43 and may want to look at trying this as opposed to the higher test cycles and see what my results are .. and how I feel

To answer your original question,ithink most people are much better off if they go steady on a low dose anabolic like primo or eq,or even deca if you can handle the sides.
And precontest,when you need more strength,mass or definition add orals,androgens,gh,igf etc.

For most people adding a baseline of test@250mg/ew it would be a great cycle .But if your body doesn't like test,don't do it.

cryptasm said:
Magnum, could you give us and example of what you would consider a average anabolic cycle with test (low dose) as a base? I'm 43 and may want to look at trying this as opposed to the higher test cycles and see what my results are .. and how I feel

I'll give you one, and so could a lot of other guys on here. There are so many variables and opinions as to what you could do. I did this one a few years ago and gained about 9 pounds and I ran it for I think 8 weeks but I did not take any test. I did not suffer and loss of sex drive.

EQ 400 mg wk
35mg anavar daily
250 mg test per week. (just enough to cover yourself)

Good luck

I get the just basic idea, thats good enuff, obviously theer are alot of variations we could use ..Im gonna give something like that a shot an see what happens..
Thx

great thread guys...i definitely have found a lot of the stuff you guys are saying to be true. for example i too get great results with a low dose of test and a slightly higher dose of deca. not that i wouldn't like to throw in other stuff but i'm kinda stuck on using mostly deca because of hair loss and my job modeling kinda requires me to keep my hair. magnum, or any of you other guys feel free to chime in as well,..what would you say to do about the low sex drive on my cycles? thanks

Great read! I'm really finding alot of this very interesting. Might have to change things up from the way I usually do them.

Hercules said:
magnum, or any of you other guys feel free to chime in as well,..what would you say to do about the low sex drive on my cycles? thanks

Thats a good question, I'd like to see some awnsers on this. Is it too much estrogen, too liitle??, too much prolactin??? this one is baffeling me currently..I know we could use cabaser for dopamine release, or bromo..that works but why its happining is more important than what we can do to fix it..A dopamine agonist will increase sex drive but this is like putting on a band aid on, its not solving or fixing the problem..unless the low sex drive is prolactin related:confused:

I think that the low sex drive on a cycle comes from a shut down HPTA for the most part. Using Swales HCG protocol has always helped me maintain mine. I think it's better to try and maintain some HPTA function while you are on so that recovery is quicker when you come off. Prolactin build-up could be a cause too but I never really looked into that before.

PB

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member
  • LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Punisher13420