over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

anabolism : how much protein do you eat a day

sma

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
I have tried everything from .8gram per lb to 2gram per lb I find .8 -1gram per lb is best for digestion, but for growth I need more but then digestion goes out the window

lots of water and digestive enzymes bro

and get ur vitamins

I found I can tolerate 200-225 grams fine and feel comfortable. Anymore and I get bloated. Weigh around 185lbs now.

Fiber is key as well, add lots of greens and broccoli to your meals. I was even thinking of supplementing with some fiber to make sure I'm getting enough.

Last edited:
I found I can tolerate 200-225 grams fine and feel comfortable. Anymore and I get bloated. Weigh around 185lbs now.

Fiber is key as well, add lots of greens and broccoli to your meals. I was even thinking of supplementing with some fiber to make sure I'm getting enough.

thats where im at 200grams total from all sources

To much protein makes me feel slugish my sweetspot is around 150 grams per day.

100-150 but I have noticed greater improvements since I increased my fats. Yes protein is necessary but not in the crazy amounts some people think they have to ingest. Highly recommend increasing healthy fats for more muscle thickness/fullness.

100-150 but I have noticed greater improvements since I increased my fats. Yes protein is necessary but not in the crazy amounts some people think they have to ingest. Highly recommend increasing healthy fats for more muscle thickness/fullness.

i agree but how do u put hunger at bay i like the 33/33/33 diet but find i need to eat to many calories

The source makes all difference to me.

From eggs, whey or processed meat? No way...

High quality and varied seafood? Probably could hit 500g with no problems. Heck, if I was rich I'd probably eat 5kg of king crab and lobster every day.

Im shocked how low some of you go haha. I had my best gains on 450 but felt like death (didnt really notice how high it was till I wrote it out), now am eating around 315 and feel waaaaaaaayyy better, gains are almost as good but I feel like a champ haha

High quality and varied seafood? Probably could hit 500g with no problems. Heck, if I was rich I'd probably eat 5kg of king crab and lobster every day.

youd have to be retired it take hours to open all that crab, its like eating whole grilled fish takes hours lol all those little bones

I'm dieting on about 300 grams guesstimating. My fats are higher than I've ever done at about 130-140. The fat seems to keep hunger at bay when I'm eating some carbs 150, but on 0 carbs I'm starving.

If you want to eat and digest more protein for faster gains without the digestive problems do these things.

No you don't want "lots of water" with meals. The less liquid taken with protein meals the better because you want your stomach acid as concentrated as possible.

Never eat concentrated protein with starches, fruit, etc., only fibrous carbs and fats. And always take HCl with pepsin, as much as you can tolerate.

Do this for the next eight weeks and watch what happens.

Last edited:
Best protein intake for anabolism IMO is 1.5-2 grams per pound of lean body mass. I'm not rich so I usually stick with 1.5 for money purposes. Lower carb around 150-250 and 75-100grams of healthy fats a day.

What do you guys mean you feel like crap when eating high amounts of protein? I am a week and a half out and my protein is at 400 grams per day. I eat 6 times a day so I eat 66 grams per meal (10 oz of chicken, 10 oz of frozen tilipia, egg whites, and whey protein). My carbs are at 410 grams per day and fats at 30 and I feel perfectly fine (digestion and energy) eating these high amounts of protein. I understand everyone is different as far as size, age, experience, knowledge, and overall health but If you're not feeling good eating high amounts of protein, you need to train harder and utilize the extra calories you're taking in, decrease the amount of carbs and/or fats with the high protein consumption, increase fiber and other micro nutrients, slowly build up your calories and not add a whole lot of extra food at one time, stay consistent with the amount of food you take in, and/or just eat cleaner.

If you want to eat and digest more protein for faster gains without the digestive problems do these things.

No you don't want "lots of water" with meals. The less liquid taken with protein meals the better because you want your stomach acid as concentrated as possible.

Never eat concentrated protein with starches, fruit, etc., only fibrous carbs and fats. And always take HCl with pepsin, as much as you can tolerate.

This is actually good advice, water dilutes stomach acid concentrations and carbs lower the ph of the acids as your body tries for a more alkaline stomach solution with carbs.
A lot of pros do the water in between meals thing, especially when dieting.

What do you guys mean you feel like crap when eating high amounts of protein? I am a week and a half out and my protein is at 400 grams per day. I eat 6 times a day so I eat 66 grams per meal (10 oz of chicken, 10 oz of frozen tilipia, egg whites, and whey protein). My carbs are at 410 grams per day and fats at 30 and I feel perfectly fine (digestion and energy) eating these high amounts of protein. I understand everyone is different as far as size, age, experience, knowledge, and overall health but If you're not feeling good eating high amounts of protein, you need to train harder and utilize the extra calories you're taking in, decrease the amount of carbs and/or fats with the high protein consumption, increase fiber and other micro nutrients, slowly build up your calories and not add a whole lot of extra food at one time, stay consistent with the amount of food you take in, and/or just eat cleaner.

Like you I can eat a shit pile of protein and have no problems whatsoever.

This is actually good advice, water dilutes stomach acid concentrations and carbs lower the ph of the acids as your body tries for a more alkaline stomach solution with carbs.
A lot of pros do the water in between meals thing, especially when dieting.
Ha ha ha ha, are you surprised? I've been soapboxing this truth for years.

I find it amusing when some of us fight the body's natural way of doing things and then get frustrated when they start having problems or don't get the results they think they should be getting.

High quality and varied seafood? Probably could hit 500g with no problems. Heck, if I was rich I'd probably eat 5kg of king crab and lobster every day.[/QUOTE]

Hell me too!!!

what do you mean by fibrous carbs? I wanna give this a shot

what do you mean by fibrous carbs? I wanna give this a shot

Leafy greens, cruciferous veggies, etc.

Stay away from potatoes, grains, legumes, beans, cereal grains, breads, etc. if you're eating a lot of protein in a meal. Meat, eggs, fish, whatever will digest much easier and more completely if starch is absent.

Leafy greens, cruciferous veggies, etc.

Stay away from potatoes, grains, legumes, beans, cereal grains, breads, etc. if you're eating a lot of protein in a meal. Meat, eggs, fish, whatever will digest much easier and more completely if starch is absent.

how would you get a lot of carbs in if you're just eating veggies tho :confused:

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sickxlost
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131