over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

anabolism : how much protein do you eat a day

so I don't count or aim for a certain number, just eat a high protein meal every few hours I am awake. carbs and fats I try an limit though. found this works the best for me.

It depend the diet.

I think if you want to stay pretty lean during bulking, below 8-10%...keep anabolism @ the highest rate, you have to go high. 1.5 to 2g per P.

Higher calories bulking diet is ok with lower protein intake...

It depend the diet.

I think if you want to stay pretty lean during bulking, below 8-10%...keep anabolism @ the highest rate, you have to go high. 1.5 to 2g per P.

Higher calories bulking diet is ok with lower protein intake...

thats so general if trying to stay lean is your goal you should being trying to take most if not all your carbs intra and post , but that has nothing to do with protein

thats so general if trying to stay lean is your goal you should being trying to take most if not all your carbs intra and post , but that has nothing to do with protein
And as your first meal

hu? YOUR answer has nothing to do with my statement.

I dont talk about carbs but the protein requirement. Thats said...good luck trying bulking with carb @ workout only -.-'

My point is a reply to the tread, my protein intake is high. Ho yeah i explain why is that high too... -.....-'

I don't agree. I'm leaner than shit now and I eat carbs constantly

I don't agree. I'm leaner than shit now and I eat carbs constantly

Absolutely. The only time I don't eat carbs is pre workout as im stronger without them. After that its every meal. I like a good 200 post workout 1 hit high gi to keep my mood happy and about another 400 spread over the rest of the day. About150 in last meal as I sleep better. If there was one meal I didn't eat carbs on a non training day it would be breakfast. I got my leanest ever on 300g carbs eating them every meal except meal 1 and not doing much cardio. Never understood when people say don't eat carbs pre bed. It makes no logical sense what so ever. Not saying you have to eat them before bed. Just have your macros and eat them when you want. Some people like carbs am for energy some like them pre bed as they sleep better. 400g carbs in a 24 hour period is 400g carbs, it will balance out. I have played with eating all my carbs in one meal pre bed and got slightly leaner. It was something between 300 or 400 g carbs I forget now.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk 2

It depend the diet.

I think if you want to stay pretty lean during bulking, below 8-10%...keep anabolism @ the highest rate, you have to go high. 1.5 to 2g per

Not neccaserily imo. I think you could get away with less and just make sure you eat just enough to add a few lb a month. So long as your adding muscle and gaining weight real slow you can stay lean and bulk. Your method is a good way, just not the only way imo. I just make sure I hit 5000 calories worth about 300g protein. If it's clean great. If appetite goes to shit the rice krisbies and pnb comes out. If I'm hungry and want more I eat what I fancy. Normally backed potato with cheese and steak with a few poached eggs. If I get fluffy I add a Little cardio. I almost can't gain bodyfat from carbs though for some reason. Even insulin seems to slightly lean me up. Why I have no idea at all.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
yes but you slowly progress on this method i think.

It's been said that nasser only ate 150g per day. I personally believe that many over eat protein

I'm not saying it's not true, but I don't believe Nasser only are 150

Everyone is different, some people need 1.5 to 2 times protein to grow some less. Some people grow like crazy on carbs others like me get fat lol. I grow fine on around 1g per lb maybe a little more. There is no golden rule for everyone. You have to experiment with diet yourself to find what works for you.

Another thing to consider is your protein sources. If your sources include all categories like eggs, fish, chicken, beef, a whey shake, etc. You may not need a larger amount because you are consuming a wide array of amino acids and proteins from different sources. If you are consuming mostly shakes or only chicken or beef, etc. You may need more since you are not capturing all the different aminos you would get if you broaden your sources. Just my opinion on it, not stating this is fact. But I do believe lots are overdoing protein to be honest.

This has been an eye-opening thread. I didn't realize there were that many guys eating on the low end of the protein spectrum. Sounds like it is more important to focus on the quality of the protein sources than it is to focus on the quantity. Time to rethink my game plan.

I agree. This is definitely an interesting thread.

im at about 200g protein so just under 1g per lb of bodyweight (not lean mass)

I respond really well to high carbs 500g and if I time my protein right im good to go.

Over 200g protein i get too bloated and lethargic.
For me that is what works for others more might be necessary for results.

BUMP for a great read.

your brother in Christ,

Lucky

Two months of no shakes, now I'm back hitting the bottle. Yay me.

1.5 grand of protein every day
2 grams on off days which r weekends.

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Iron Mountain 75
NapsGear