YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Anadrol dosing/length and how bad is it really?

dece870717

Banned
What made me ask this question was reading through a medical site and its dosage/length recommendations.

Anadrol-50 (Oxymetholone) Drug Information: User Reviews, Side Effects, Drug Interactions and Dosage at RxList

"The recommended daily dose in children and adults is 1-5 mg/kg body weight per day. The usual effective dose is 1-2 mg/kg/day but higher doses may be required, and the dose should be individualized. Response is not often immediate, and a minimum trial of three to six months should be given. Following remission, some patients may be maintained without the drug; others may be maintained on an established lower daily dosage. A continued maintenance dose is usually necessary in patients with congenital aplastic anemia. "

Reading the highlighted made me question the usual guidelines of 4 weeks max and no more than 100mg/day of anadrol. What would every bodies take on this be? How bad is it on the liver really if you have people taking this stuff for 3-6 months STRAIGHT at the minimum?! :confused:

I know personally I wouldn't run it that long. But, orals don't exactly agree with me all that well. I know this from bloodwork I've had done after numerous cycles that included 17 AA's.

And if I do them, it's in little short 3-4 week bursts, in the middle or toward the end of a cycle. I don't ever jumpstart with orals. I like the feeling of my injects gradually kicking in.

And I'm pretty sure that study is recommending those dosages to prevent muscle wasting and/or anemia.

My guess would be that there recommended doseage is for someone that is need of that particular medicine, there body is depleted or not doing something that it should. Our bodys are somewhat healthy and that particular medicine is really going to cause certain levels in our body to elevate, which would be bad, where as in the ill individual they are trying to get them back to a healthy level...just my guess.

Keep a close eye on blood pressure when running anadrol.

I recall reading whatver the past study was referring to drols causing liver tumors and it being like for a patient that was on the recommended medical dose, ie 1-5mg/kg, for years obviously for whatever her condition was like anemia, cant remember if was genetic or disease related...

I know when I dabbled in the past with 50mg/day and 75mg/day dose solo for 4-6wk blocks just to see how it would effect my body after all the taboo myths, I didnt notice much bloat but had decent muscle fullness. can maybe recall mild headaches if didnt stay hydrated enough through day, occasional sluggish/blah feeling and possibly slight elevated bp at times... Can still say have a full head of hair and no problems developed since so for me as an individual it wasnt major sides, others not so lucky.

150mg/day for 30 weeks

German Steroid Study Success
by Michael Mooney (from Issue No. 3, May 1996)

A new study shows that one of the most powerful oral anabolic steroids improves lean muscle mass with no significant side-effects in HIV-positive men and women. (1) Oxymetholone, formerly sold in the US as Anadrol-50, was given for thirty weeks at a 150 mg/daily dose. Weight gain averaged 14.5% of bodyweight, which is significant because there was no exercise program instituted, but it is known that anabolic steroids exert their greatest effect when weightlifting is employed. Notably, even the subset of patients burdened with AIDS-related infections continued to gain weight on oxymetholone.

While oxymetholone is considered to be a harsh steroid with a high potential for side-effects, the subjects were reported to have no significant problems with liver function, water retention, virilization, and several side-effects thought to be associated with its use, at a dose that is three times what many bodybuilders would use, for considerably longer than they would generally use it.

The study didn't look at CD8+ T cell counts, which appear to be more correlative with survival than CD4+ T cells,(2) which were not correlative with weight gain in this study.

1. Oxymetholone promotes weight gain in patients with advanced human immunodeficienty virus (HIV-1) infection. Hengge, et al. Brit J Nutri (1996) 75:129-138]

2. CD8+ lymphocyte counts and the risk of death in advanced HIV infection. Schlumpberger JM, et al. J Family Practice (1994) 38(1):33-38.

straight from the source

http://www.anadrol.com/Anadrol-50(Rev.12-06)-PI.pdf

1-2mg/kg/day is the usual medical dosage

shortest period mentioned is 3-6 months.

However, they do mention that different people have severe reactions... Unless you are getting regular bloodwork I wouldn't recommend staying on too long. Even if the liver is fine, your lipids will probably be very messed up. So I say go with bloodwork every 4-6weeks, and if it looks good then stay on... But why not just stay on test over anadrol?

6 weeks is as long as i'll go. Levels always checked out ok at that point, just no need to push it

German Steroid Study Success
by Michael Mooney (from Issue No. 3, May 1996)

A new study shows that one of the most powerful oral anabolic steroids improves lean muscle mass with no significant side-effects in HIV-positive men and women. (1) Oxymetholone, formerly sold in the US as Anadrol-50, was given for thirty weeks at a 150 mg/daily dose. Weight gain averaged 14.5% of bodyweight, which is significant because there was no exercise program instituted, but it is known that anabolic steroids exert their greatest effect when weightlifting is employed. Notably, even the subset of patients burdened with AIDS-related infections continued to gain weight on oxymetholone.

While oxymetholone is considered to be a harsh steroid with a high potential for side-effects, the subjects were reported to have no significant problems with liver function, water retention, virilization, and several side-effects thought to be associated with its use, at a dose that is three times what many bodybuilders would use, for considerably longer than they would generally use it.

The study didn't look at CD8+ T cell counts, which appear to be more correlative with survival than CD4+ T cells,(2) which were not correlative with weight gain in this study.

1. Oxymetholone promotes weight gain in patients with advanced human immunodeficienty virus (HIV-1) infection. Hengge, et al. Brit J Nutri (1996) 75:129-138]

2. CD8+ lymphocyte counts and the risk of death in advanced HIV infection. Schlumpberger JM, et al. J Family Practice (1994) 38(1):33-38.

That may be true but I feel you need to be careful with adrol. You do with any oral. I have tried adrol, dbol, mdrol etc. My liver was bad after 6 weeks of adrol at 50-100mg. I have taken it twice. But I wouldn't go beyond 4 weeks. Everyone is different. I would much rather do 3 on 3 off 3 on then 6 weeks straight. By the way I tried oral tren for 3 weeks and had my liver tested 1 week after and it was perfect. Lots of factors involved but I would limit adrol to 4 weeks personally.

Anadrol is great for starting a long ester cycle and be on the anadrol for say 4 weeks. That stuff is really hardcore and there are so many other option not sure why people put there body through the abuse. After about 6 weeks the water weight gets bad and your puffy and look like crap. Hell your strong as hell though and it kicks in quick.

There's no definitive answer to this as everyone will handle it differently. The only way to really tell would be to monitor blood pressure regularly as well as blood work.

Some keep oral cycles short 4-6 weeks, others 10 days on/off.

Myself would run it pre-contest for the last 6-8 weeks or so not going over 25mg a day but Im not using it to make gains at that point and have no issues this way. When I decide to use it offseason Im ok for a few weeks then orals wreck havoc on my GI so I steer away from orals now with pre-cont being an exception and thats low dosages.

Anadrol at that dose for 3 to 6 months? hahaha.
No wonder the government thinks steroids do SO much harm. They are the ones causing it with recommendations like these. I understand that this if for people with HIV or anaemia. But I know from experience that anadrol is pretty toxic. Used most orals in LARGE doses and anadrol was the only one that I had to stop. Had bloodwork done 3 weeks into my cycle and my liver values were out of whack at only 60mg/day and thats while taking MT and ALA's daily with excellent diet and health. Goodluck running above 100mg/day for 3-6 months especially if you're not healthy to begin with and suffering with AIDS. No wonder DROL caused cancer in one patient years back. She ran the shit at extremely high doses for 6 months straight lol.

i dont see why anyone would want to take anadrol for more than 4 weeks. for me i never saw any noticed gains after 3 weeks of use, the first 2 or 3 weeks is when i noticed big gains and then not much more after. thats for me. like shelby said watch the bp. about a month ago i tried taking 25mg a day because i cant handle 50mg because of bp. at 25mg a day for a week my bp still was high. i no longer can take them. wish i could

A-bombs

In my personal experiece I have run a maximum of 75 mgs daily my weight at those times was around 190 200. My gains always came fast but i could never take it more than around 24 days due to sides, mainly pain in lower back and raise in bp. Also years later tried a lower dose of 50 mgs and had simular results. If it wasnt for the sides the gains were always good and strength threw the roof, but you gotta weigh your options.

Been thinking of trying some just to kick start a cycle thanks for posting all the info guys

What made me ask this question was reading through a medical site and its dosage/length recommendations.

Anadrol-50 (Oxymetholone) Drug Information: User Reviews, Side Effects, Drug Interactions and Dosage at RxList

"The recommended daily dose in children and adults is 1-5 mg/kg body weight per day. The usual effective dose is 1-2 mg/kg/day but higher doses may be required, and the dose should be individualized. Response is not often immediate, and a minimum trial of three to six months should be given. Following remission, some patients may be maintained without the drug; others may be maintained on an established lower daily dosage. A continued maintenance dose is usually necessary in patients with congenital aplastic anemia. "

Reading the highlighted made me question the usual guidelines of 4 weeks max and no more than 100mg/day of anadrol. What would every bodies take on this be? How bad is it on the liver really if you have people taking this stuff for 3-6 months STRAIGHT at the minimum?! :confused:

Its my favorite AAS by far. I get incredible strength in size in recored time.
We run it like this:
wk1 50mg daily
wk2 100mg daily
wk3 150mg daily
wk4 50mg daily
OFF ANADROL

Wow, there are some crazy numbers here. I tried Anadrol for only 2 weeks, and had to stop. At 50mgs a day I had ridiculous weight and strength gains. I gained 17lbs in 2 weeks, and put 75lbs on bench and 130 on squat. I was already benching 485lb for 6 reps, and squating 570 for 6's...it was insane, but I was getting high BP, and a jaundiced look to my skin, and was swollen everywhere. I couldn't imagine taking it at 100-150mgs a day! might try it again at 25mgs a day...I had great gains in strength, better than with Suspension and dbol...so I just might have to try it again! :D

Wow, there are some crazy numbers here. I tried Anadrol for only 2 weeks, and had to stop. At 50mgs a day I had ridiculous weight and strength gains. I gained 17lbs in 2 weeks, and put 75lbs on bench and 130 on squat. I was already benching 485lb for 6 reps, and squating 570 for 6's...it was insane, but I was getting high BP, and a jaundiced look to my skin, and was swollen everywhere. I couldn't imagine taking it at 100-150mgs a day! might try it again at 25mgs a day...I had great gains in strength, better than with Suspension and dbol...so I just might have to try it again! :D

17 LBs of what?:rolleyes:

CG

definitely go with the opinions of random people online over published medical literature, its not like they may have put some work or thought into it...:eek:

485x6 and 17 lbs in in two weeks! Are you related to Tank Sarge?

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws