advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Anavar Cycle with TRT dose of test E.. androgenic sides/risks?

firebladejr

Newbies
Hi everyone,

A first-time poster on PM, but a long time lurker (even with the constant reminders to register!). You guys have a lot of info on here and seem to be quite helpful and knowledgeable on AAS, etc. I’ve been on the bb.com boards since around 2005, but if you’ve used those boards you’ll know why I’ve come here to post a more serious question.

Background (skip if you’re not interested)

I’ve been lifting since around 2002 and was trying my best but didn’t have any idea what I was doing with diet, etc until about 2007. It was more or less just for fitness and to get me out of the office at least 4-5 times a week.
From 2007 onwards I got my diet in check and took it much more seriously. I got some great (for me) results after a year or so in refining my diet/training to suit me best, although I do struggle to put mass on. When I was looking the best I ever have, I had a motorbike crash which took me out of the gym for close to 12 months due to injuries, surgery, etc. It was pretty disappointing, but nevertheless I’ve been back in the gym and have been working hard since recovery about a year and a half ago. I have some niggling issues with my knee from the motorbike accident, and also fractured my spine at L4 and L5 whilst surfing, so I can’t really deadlift. Everything else seems to be fine and I can do pretty much any other exercise (not game to try good mornings though). I’ve been running Ipamorelin and Mod Grf (1-29) for a few months and will continue to run them for another 4 months or so.. I find my knee and back feel much better when running both of them. Next week I’ll be running follistatin (344) for 10 days also.

The Question/Plan.

I’m looking at running var for 6 weeks. I’ve read countless threads on pretty much every forum that shows up in google results in regards to var and var only cycles. I have no issue with pinning (I pin 6-7 times a day currently) but my biggest concern is androgenic sides. I am predisposed to MPB (thanks Dad!) and have noticed that my hair has receeded and thinned considerably from the age of around 29-31. I’ve used finasteride, but can’t stand the sides, so I won’t use it again. I’ve been using Nioxin shampoo and ‘concealers’ like toppik, etc for about 2 years. So my hair has thinned, but it’s not really that noticeable to others as I’m pretty careful with hair styles, etc. and a little bit of toppik makes it unnoticeable. Given this predisposition to MPB, you can probably understand my concern around androgenic sides. My research on AAS has led me to Var or Primo (Primo being unobtainable here in Aus). I don’t plan on putting on tons of mass, as I know var is mild in this respect, however I’d like to maybe put on a few kgs and keep fat to a minimum. I think var is suitable for this.
Almost all var only threads end up in an attack on the OP stating that oral only, var only, etc cycles are rubbish. There have been a few that I’ve seen that have got results that I’d be happy with, but the general consensus is that var still shuts you down, so you need to substitute with test. This is where my issues arise, as test worries me due to its androgenic nature. I can understand both sides of the argument, and feel that the best compromise is a TRT dose of test, only once var has shut me down. That way I don’t experience any spikes in Test or DHT which are likely to result in hair loss, and if I err on the conservative side of a TRT dose, it would give me my best chance at keeping my hair, and getting the most out of the var.
For you more experienced guys, does the following sound like a plan that would help put on a few quality kg’s and keep fat to a minimum, whilst keeping androgenic sides at bay?

2nqqy41.jpg

After trawling and digging through various sites, I found some TRT dosages for males around 25-35 years old which were 75mg every 10 days. General consensus is that to keep estrogen lower, splitting the doses up to every 4 days works better (for test e) thus 35mg every 4 days is pretty much spot on for a TRT dose (I’d rather err on the low side of a TRT dose if possible)

Whilst hair loss on TRT has still been experienced by heaps of people, what it looks like is that many of them are only on TRT because they had extremely low test levels to begin with (probably why they had their hair in the first place) so raising their test to normal levels has created normal levels of DHT which has caused their hair to fall out. That being said, I should have normal test levels, so my hair loss rate on a low TRT dose should be consistent with my hair loss rate at present with normal test levels. This is provided that 35mg of test e every 4 days does not push me over my current test level.

My plan would be to get blood work and measure my normal test levels. Start var.. then after the 12th day on var (completely shut down), supplement with a 35mg dose of Test E every 4 days. 3 days after the 2nd dose of Test E, get blood work again and measure my test levels. I would then compare these to my original results and adjust the TRT dose accordingly to keep test levels in line with my pre-cycle levels to ensure DHT remains steady.

I wouldn’t run HCG for the aromatization risk, plus as it’s only a mild, 6 week cycle, recovery should be quicker. From the time Test is added in, I’d start a’dex e3d at 0.25mg just to keep aromatase risks in check.

I haven’t included any PCT info here, as that will be put together separately from the AAS cycle.

Any comments or advice (please no “Shave it off” comments, it’s not on the cards) would be much appreciated.

Thanks for reading through this essay of a post!

I think this is the smartest way to run Anavar. You may not get much bigger, but you will get much stronger, vascular and look more defined. You may gain 3-5 lbs, but will look like you've gained 10.

Var w/o test is going to shut down your libido and make your natty test levels drop. If you want to avoid sexual dysfunction, at least take a trt dose of test with var. You're going to go bald eventually anyways because of your genetics. Eventually you will have to get over it. Who are you trying to impress anyways, lol?

thanks for the replies.

So another question then... moving towards the PCT end of the cycle, if I were running a TRT dose of Test Enanthate with the Anavar, would this not then mean I shut-down even further and make PCT more difficult?

Introducing the Test E (even at TRT dosages) would mean that my own test production would've ceased completely at about week 3. From weeks 3-6 I would then have zero natural test, and would probably experience testicular shrinkage.

If I had to choose between running a TRT dose of Test E during the anavar cycle, OR running 250iu of HCG twice a week instead of the Test E, which would be more beneficial?

Running the HCG from weeks 3-6 would slow down or stop testicular shrinkage whilst helping to maintain some form of test in my body, albeit probably lower than a TRT dose of Test E. However the benefit comes toward the PCT end of the cycle where HCG has helped maintain some testicle size and will make PCT quicker and more pleasant.

Honestly, the only compounds that you have to worry about really shutting you down hard are tren and deca which you are not going to use. Using such a low dose of test and var is not going to shut you down very hard. It won't take nearly as long to recover as a test/tren/deca cycle. I have not used hcg in a very long time and therefore am not knowledgeable enough to speak on the subject. However, some guys like to run it throughout cycle and others like to run it towards the end of a cycle before going into pct.

Honestly, the only compounds that you have to worry about really shutting you down hard are tren and deca which you are not going to use. Using such a low dose of test and var is not going to shut you down very hard. It won't take nearly as long to recover as a test/tren/deca cycle. I have not used hcg in a very long time and therefore am not knowledgeable enough to speak on the subject. However, some guys like to run it throughout cycle and others like to run it towards the end of a cycle before going into pct.

Thanks for the info JM.

I was actually thinking of even removing the Test E and just keeping it on hand if I find I'm having issues with libido, energy levels, etc. Eg. Get bloods done on mid week 3 of Var and if I'm completely shut down, take a small dose of Test (35mg) and maybe another 35mg 4 days later... that would probably see me out until the end of week 6 on the var i'm guessing.

In regards to PCT, being a relatively mild cycle, would running Nolva only make sense? as nolva increases fsh and lh more than Clomid, therefore increases test levels a little better, it's good for the lipid profile and acts an anti-estrogen in the pituitary, whereas clomid acts as a mild estrogen on the pituitary.. just thinking it makes more sense as a PCT for this cycle, but open to suggestion.

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member
  • Bio

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Atomgear