over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Anavar does burn fat- here's how.

msmoke44

Banned
Just wanted to post this- i've been seeing alot of controversy on whether anavar actually *burns fat* and most vets dismiss it as a myth and that all it does is harden the body/increase vascularity thus tricking the person into thinking lower BF. Well according to this study T3 uptake and free thyroxine is SIGNIFICANTLY increased when oxandrolone is administered, as well as other studies which show IGF and GH is increased too( thus another attack at fat). So I believe Anavar actually is a fat burning steroid, but I want to see your guy's opinion. Heres the study

Metabolic and hormonal changes of severely burned children receiving long-term oxandrolone treatment.
Przkora R, Jeschke MG, Barrow RE, Suman OE, Meyer WJ, Finnerty CC, Sanford AP, Lee J, Chinkes DL, Mlcak RP, Herndon DN.
Source
Department of Surgery, University of Texas Medical Branch, Shriners Hospitals for Children, Galveston, TX 77550, USA.
Abstract
OBJECTIVE:
When given to children for 1 year after a severe burn, oxandrolone significantly improves lean body mass, bone mineral content, and muscle strength. The beneficial effects of oxandrolone on height and weight were observed 1 year after treatment was discontinued. To study the efficacy of oxandrolone in severely burned children for 12 months after burn and 12 months after the drug was discontinued.
SUMMARY BACKGROUND DATA:
Oxandrolone attenuates body catabolism during the acute phase after burn. It is unclear whether oxandrolone would have any beneficial effects during long-term treatment or if there were any effects after the drug was stopped.
METHODS:
Sixty-one children with 40% total body surface area burns were enrolled in this study. Patients were randomized into those to receive oxandrolone (n = 30) or placebo (n = 31) for the first 12 months. Treatment was discontinued after 12 months, and the patients were studied without the drug for the following 12 months. At discharge and 6, 12, 18, and 24 months after burn, height, weight, body composition, resting energy expenditure, muscle strength, and serum human growth hormone, insulin-like growth factor-I (IGF-1), IGF binding protein-3, insulin, cortisol, parathyroid hormone, tri-iodothyronine uptake (T3 uptake), and free thyroxine index (FTI) were measured. Statistical analysis used Tukey multiple comparison test. Significance was accepted at P < 0.05.
RESULTS:
Oxandrolone improved lean body mass, bone mineral content and muscle strength compared with controls during treatment, P < 0.05. Serum IGF-1, T3 uptake, and FTI were significantly higher during drug treatment compared with controls, P < 0.05. Significant increases in height and weight with oxandrolone were observed after the end of treatment.
CONCLUSIONS:
Oxandrolone improved body composition and strength in severely burned children during the 12 months of treatment. Its effect on height and weight continued after treatment was discontinued.

So can you take var for a year I didn't think you could take a oral that long

Var is not as hard on you as some orals are, but I would still not recommend running it for a year or anything remotely close to that at moderate to high dose. In the study I'm sure the patients were giving a substantially smaller dosage then what we take....

On my subjective/personal experience I can say that it's true and it does burn fat.

The dosage in the study was 0.1mg/kg. ...
yeap, quit mild... BUT ONE YEAR!!! IN CHILDREN!!!
It seems to me Var is safer than chewgums!!!

Its hard for me to tell becasuse whenever I do var, it kills my appetite so badly that I don't eat very much. I get really lean but how much of that is the caloric decrease and how much of that is the fat burning effect of var I don't know. I have always thought that var had some fat burning properties though.

Remember that Var in pharmaceutical dosages comes in 2.5mg tabs and usual daily dosages are around 10mg daily. At these dosages it is very safe. They are not taking 60-100mg of daily Var lol

Remember that Var in pharmaceutical dosages comes in 2.5mg tabs and usual daily dosages are around 10mg daily. At these dosages it is very safe. They are not taking 60-100mg of daily Var lol

any benefits of taking 25mg year round ?

thats the point of doing a mild dose. just do 3-5 grams of cinnamon and some CoQ 10. or use a synergistic combbo and get GW 501516 to run with it.

According to the study T3 supplementation would add to the fat burning. Correct?

Wether it does or does not I never put much thought into my AAS burning fat I look elsewhere for other product more suited for fat loss and my diet.
The small amount it helps probably pales in comparison to say clen t3 or DNP.

Wether it does or does not I never put much thought into my AAS burning fat I look elsewhere for other product more suited for fat loss and my diet.
The small amount it helps probably pales in comparison to say clen t3 or DNP.

:yeahthat:

if you are currently eating a maintaince calorie diet then starty taking anabolic steroid you are going to see fat loss due to the drug increasing muscle their for putting you in a calorie defecit.

The same things will happen with just 200mg test a week and it'll be ALOT safer

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
GFly
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner