YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Anavar (oxandrolone) used to treat liver disease.

johnjuanb1

Featured Member / Sponsor Rep
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Sponsors
I love finding studies like this. There is so much misinformation posted on forums about AAS.

**broken link removed**
Liver disease. AAS also have a role in treating patients with hepatitis-related malnutrition. In a study of 271 patients with alcoholic hepatitis, oxandrolone along with a high calorie supplement was compared with placebo and a low calorie supplement. Significant improvement in liver function and overall survival was observed in the oxandrolone and high calorie supplement group (52). Similarly, oxandrolone therapy has been shown to result in a reduction in 6-month mortality in patients with alcoholic hepatitis (53). In a V.A. cooperative study of 273 patients with moderate protein calorie malnutrition secondary to alcoholic hepatitis, 80 mg/d oxandrolone along with an enteral food supplement resulted in improved 6-month survival, decrease in liver injury, and improvement in malnutrition compared with the placebo group (54). However, no significant improvement was observed in patients with severe malnutrition. Although this dose of oxandrolone was very high, especially in a population with established liver disease, no hepatotoxicity was reported in subjects taking oxandrolone.

Great find. I have seen similar before (I think for burns victims). I remember seeing a table that showed it actually improved some liver function in patients. I have also seen one study were it stated it did raise AST/ALT significantly but it never mentioned details so there may have been other variables. Even if it were toxic for the liver I use synthergine and it helps immensely. Plus I don't stay on orals for long periods like many do so constantly give it breaks. Although when I use avar I am not worrying about my liver it's my cholesterol I am most concerned with. I could take all the citrus bergamot (etc) in the world and on some orals my HDL will be 5 in a matter of weeks. Great find though and it may open some eyes.

Avar is amazing and such an underrated steroid for men. I know guys who think it is literally crap and weak but it's one of my favourites. Perhaps they have never used real avar though. Although everyone responds differently so maybe it just didn't suit them.

Last edited:
Great find. I have seen similar before (I think for burns victims). I remember seeing a table that showed it actually improved some liver function in patients. I have also seen one study were it stated it did raise AST/ALT significantly but it never mentioned details so there may have been other variables. Even if it were toxic for the liver I use synthergine and it helps immensely. Plus I don't stay on orals for long periods like many do so constantly give it breaks. Although when I use avar I am not worrying about my liver it's my cholesterol I am most concerned with. I could take all the citrus bergamot (etc) in the world and on some orals my HDL will be 5 in a matter of weeks. Great find though and it may open some eyes.

Avar is amazing and such an underrated steroid for men. I know guys who think it is literally crap and weak but it's one of my favourites. Perhaps they have never used real avar though. Although everyone responds differently so maybe it just didn't suit them.
I like using orals strictly as a preworkout supplement. They’re in and out of the system quickly so minimal damage. I train 4 Days a week and only use them those days. There are some orals i won’t touch due to toxicity like sdrol and halotestin. Anadrol, dbol, and anavar work great as a preworkout supplement.

Thsi thread reminded me of something I am thinking of doing next year. I don't take very high doses and most of my blasts now are 1.5g or much lower (600mg or so). I have done more in the past but about 2g or so max. I cruise or come off everything and I value my health. Obviously results are long term but I love my experiments and I like doing things others maybe want to but never do. I like doing logs for people plus it keeps me on point.

I think I will do a short term very high dosed oral blast next year and log it all. I will get before and after bloodwork if I can. Obviously guys understand why people don't do stuff like this as they just get so much hassle even bringing up high doses. They also don't want to be labelled an abuser and I have thought about that but it will literally be 6 weeks and I live like a health monk half of the year. But for the most part I don't give a shit what preachers have to say.

I would do it now but obviously I am cruisng and getting my HDL back up which I suppose is pointless if I do this experiment :eek: but again for 6 weeks max. It won't be till spring anyway as it would be best doing it when cutting but who knows I may get impatient. No major point but just thought I would mention it as I have just been thinking about it.

Hey, clenbuterol showed promise in treating heart failure.
So clen + var sounds like a perfect stack for liver and heart health :D

I was thinking 200mg adrol and add 200mg avar to offset the liver damage :eek::D

My old roommate had congestive heart failure. I know you’re obviously being factitious but actually it was speed(same concept as Clen) that kept him functioning normally for 10 years. Without it he would have been able to get out of bed.

if interested i could do pre and post bloods for my anavar experience which will be anywhere next year.
im currently "natty" (mk667 10mg a day)
i will probably run dermacrine (topical dhea+preg, shouldnt affect lipids and alt/ast/liver too much) and 3x 5mg anavar a day for 10 weeks
i would take bloods @ baseline, 6 weeks in and 6 weeks post.
and please no flame that i wont take injectables, i know you dont like what im doing..

I wonder how much the high vs low calorie supplement had to do with the results?

This article made me think to myself "is drol and var really the best combo out there?"

I'd argue yes...

there is good info if you look hard enough at various aas being used to help treat all sorts of conditions, though in most cases the number of patients is very small.

often the stuff im referring to above is used in ppl who are considered close to death or very serious disease where it becomes a quality of life thing.

als/ms/and fuck if i lost the other letter but, shit most would not think of.

there is also some good info available on var and collagen synthesis.

i came across 2 things on 80+ yo women using primo and deca, not combo seperate cases, in each they had a great improvement in quality of live.
the primo one did have liver issues at autopsy, but.. lol

another fun one is smokers and alcies both have major reduction in lung glutathione levels:lightbulb: easily fixed by nac or glut.

now im not suggesting you guys start sharing you var with granny but....

one of the major problems with the elderly is damage done durring slip and fall accidents, usually to the hip, this leads to to being in bed and dying quicky. the cuase of the slip n fall/hip breaking... muslce loss and weakness!

:welcome:

Saw something about it many many years ago, like 15 or so.

Could probably find another study saying exactly the opposite, so don't pay much attention to these.

How are your liver values on and off var? Should tell you something.

I like using orals strictly as a preworkout supplement. They’re in and out of the system quickly so minimal damage. I train 4 Days a week and only use them those days. There are some orals i won’t touch due to toxicity like sdrol and halotestin. Anadrol, dbol, and anavar work great as a preworkout supplement.

I've recently started using orals in this manner as well....preworkout only. So far so good. Currently running 30mg Dbol preworkout 4 days/wk. Strength is up and pumps during training sessions are very good.

On a side note related to this post, I was cleaning out some boxes full of books the other day in my basement and ran across a very old copy of a book called Anabolic Reference Guide (6th issue). It was printed in 1991 so about 26 years ago. Anybody old like me and remember this book? I think someone gave it to me way back then & I've kept it all these years. Anyway, in this book on pages 76-78 the author talks about a "revolutionary theory on the use of oral compounds."

He was specifically talking about Anadrol in this example. He showed a sample anadrol cycle where the lifter used anadrol on a 2 day on, 2 day off rotation over the course of 8 weeks. The dosage started at 25mg/day, worked up to 75mg/day and then back to 25 mg by the end of the 8th week. To quote the author:

"Advantages to using anadrol in this manner are that it minimizes toxicity & receptor downgrade. Oral steroids seem to cause a significant amount of attenuation which in turn requires that they be used in increasingly larger doses throughout the cycle to exert any benefit. By administering the oral component of this cycle in a 2 day on, 2 day off pattern, attenuation may be cut in half, allowing for greater receptor affinity and efficacy. Although there is not a continual infusion of the oral steroid into the bloodstream, this may not be as critical as once believed. It is likely that this cycle will yield better results as well as minimize the toxicity in using anadrol."

Interesting thoughts from a quarter century ago!

^ I love that old school pyramid shit man :)

I still do that with injectables....pyramid up....pyramid down back to a true TRT dosage....

^ I love that old school pyramid shit man :)

I still do that with injectables....pyramid up....pyramid down back to a true TRT dosage....

And it was definitely interesting looking at all of the old school cycles he had listed in his book too. They were mostly pyramid-style like you stated but also I noticed the MUCH lower doses per week overall...especially the injectables.

Staff online

• K1
    Blue-Eyed Devil
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear