over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Anavar's impact on cholesterol?

nothuman

Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
So hard to find anything more than that it's bad for HDL and LDL. Anyone know whether it also effects VLDL3 or other cholesterol markers?

Alternatively, can anyone share how much they took and what impact it did have on lipids?

I loved it but it wrecked my lipids 50mg a day. I don't have the bloodwork to look at but I do remember it raised my LDL over 100 points. Really surprised me because I believed it was supposed to be mild.

I loved it but it wrecked my lipids 50mg a day. I don't have the bloodwork to look at but I do remember it raised my LDL over 100 points. Really surprised me because I believed it was supposed to be mild.

Ouch. It's pretty much mild on everything except cholesterol. At least that likely means you used real anavar.

I did 40mg/day for 4 weeks last spring, of StemCo stuff and my cholesterol is normally about 200. I didn`t get blood work but from giving blood they gave me back cholesterol total number of 274!! I don`t know the break down but I`m guessing none of the added value was from HDL

Ive never seen anyone do anavar for any length of time that didnt take a huge hit HDL wise and a raise LDL wise. Single digit HDL is common with longer usage

Ive never seen anyone do anavar for any length of time that didnt take a huge hit HDL wise and a raise LDL wise. Single digit HDL is common with longer usage

This...and it really sucks bc it's my favorite to use. Insane pumps, strength, and vascualrity. And unlike something like Tren I 'feel' healthy on it which isn't the case obviously.

Sad thread...I know its true but its such an awesome compound

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I just wish people would get VAP cholesterol tests. HDL2 is really the big one as HDL is just a combination of the three version of HDL, some less important than others.

Anavar doesn't really seem to do much else from a blood work standpoint other than make cholesterol shitty though. At least not that I'm aware of.

I wonder if tbol is as bad on cholesterol

Agreed. I used to use it, and so did several of my co-workers. We were supplementing our legit TRT with some Anavar. All of us looked awesome, all of us (we use the same Dr) had terrible blood work.

My total Chol is usually around 195-- it was over 300. My LDL was through the roof, and my HDL crashed through the floor (despite taking a ton of fish oil).

Took me 6 mos before my blood looked normal. Will never use, nor recommend Anavar again.

I just wish people would get VAP cholesterol tests. HDL2 is really the big one as HDL is just a combination of the three version of HDL, some less important than others.

Anavar doesn't really seem to do much else from a blood work standpoint other than make cholesterol shitty though. At least not that I'm aware of.

I wonder if tbol is as bad on cholesterol

It's been recommended to me to start using the injectable orals for good size gain and only one liver pass. Now I don't know this for sure but im guessing they are a bit less harsh on lipids. No proof but that's what I'm thinking.

I know some might think well just use the regular injectables but someone here we all respect very much recommend to me to do this for rapid size gains. Injectable orals in rotations with other very fast acting esters. So I'll be looking into injectable Var, tbol, and anadrol. To go along with suspensions.

Good thread, changed my mind about considering using it

I was on 50mg a day and it had a huge impact on my LDL/HDL. I think I was at 250 total, only 7 of that HDL. VLDL3 was up as as well but not as dramatically. (It was 14 with normal being less than 10)

So yeah, be cautious.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good thread, changed my mind about considering using it

Mate you have been raising very good threads lately like last 5-7 directly been of personal interest to me. I think I told u this in one of you previous threads. Job well done.

wow I didn't know about this about var mostly cos I never took great interest in orals so didn't really do much research/ experimenting . tbh the thing is I don't compete just a average Joe so I decided long time ago no orals for me anymore. why bother and stress liver. injectable ester will kick in when it does , fuck it whats the hurry and as I once told u I have been off totally for a looooooong time . As growing up I think I only ever did Dbol and may be var few times in my early to midish 20s. nothing fancy like all this super harsh orals like superdrol , halo etc etc. anyway recently I actually got a tub of var from my source/ sponsor here as I always read how var affects visceral fat and its great for it etc etc so I thought OK let's try a tub , I mean if it actually ate up visceral fat then bingo it will be worth it right as I am prone to visceral fat storage ( haven't got the study to hand but men of south Asian origin are much more prone to store visceral fat then their white counterpart ) . I would probably have to get proper obese to get love handles and spot a tyre of fat around my waist or back fat which I don't. As soon and I mean AS SOON AS I go over my maintainance Cal's and bf start to stack up it goes right up as visceral adipose tissue and give me the pregnant belly look . so frustrating .

anyway so I tried var to see what the hype is with var and visceral fat connection and nothing. it did nothing for visceral fat. zero. I never had visceral fat when I was younger so wouldn't have known what var did to it in terms of exp. anyway all I got from it is the usual expected stuff.

1) increased vascularity ( massive difference on this one effect, veins and veins and some more veins , hard vascularity )

2) no strength increase to speak off but then I am not trying to push it and get stronger, still train balls to the wall but no I am not chasing strength so it might be my own doing that I wasn't intending to keep upping the wts every week and not actually vars fault.

3) better pumps & fullness.

Now the question is this ...

for such sort lived gain , basically two things in my case increased vascularity and better pumps is it worth it to make a catastro-fuck of your lipids (hdl/ldl) profiles ?

I think NOT. so I won't be going back on any orals and ordering any more which is what I was practising anyway for like 2 decades or so. I will be 35 this year so not getting younger , never going to compete so why bother right? We do enough OCD stuff in one way or the other anyway with supps, food this that and the other so I believe the objective for people like you and me who are never going to compete and step on stage and basically live this lifestyle ( because we bloody love it so much) should be damage limitation and prolong longevity.

NOT taking orals is indeed a step in the right direction for us lot.

I started thinking about using anavar again after reading this article from an MD. However, he fails to mention the downsides for some reason.

Anavar: Greatest Drug Ever? ? Todd Lee M.D.

just had a quick look mate.

he says this..

Anavar is so safe on the liver at reasonable doses that the FDA actually approved it for TREATING Liver disease.

really ? is he being serious like serious lol

can American brothers chime in please and verify is this actually what your FDA has approved for treating liver disease ? Hard to digest this info really tbh lol

just had a quick look mate.

he says this..

Anavar is so safe on the liver at reasonable doses that the FDA actually approved it for TREATING Liver disease.

really ? is he being serious like serious lol

can American brothers chime in please and verify is this actually what your FDA has approved for treating liver disease ? Hard to digest this info really tbh lol

I reached out and asked him on Facebook. Here was his response.

"It's temporary
No one should run an oral more than 6-12 weeks
After that your cholesterol is back to normal.
Any DHT is going to do that."

He's not wrong

this is exactly what I have seen as well.

JM

Cant wait to see how screwed my cholesterol is on m1t, at 4 months from now.

Sent from my LG-LS720 using Tapatalk

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Deecrume
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner