over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

And ANOTHER injury

STUMPY

Registered
Ok Gentlemen,I'm about to give up!!

Last Saturday two of my dogs started to scrap in the kitchen while I was upstairs,my wife was trying to hold them back and was screaming for me to help so I took off running down the stairs...got to the last step and felt/heard that fucking familiar POP(when a tendon lets go)on my right leg behind my knee and immediately fell to the ground.

Separated the dogs,then had the wife take me to the ER. Can't put any weight at all on my right leg. Doc confirmed my thoughts that I tore my gastrocnemius up under the knee. Gave me crutches and sent me on my way. MRI today@10:30am. Underside of knee is black/blue/green etc as expected.

I'm so mad,I don't know ANYONE who has torn 5 major tendons in little over a years time!!!! Laying on the stretcher at the ER,I told my wife there is no fucking way it's a coincidence that I'm rupturing tendons/muscles like it's going out of style.
All of these injuries started in the time frame of when I was 1st prescribed Lipitor,Plavix,Toprol XL,and Imdur for my heart issues back in July of 2018.

A quick google showed that Statins(Lipitor) have a negative effect on tendons:
Statins and tendons
Muscle effects are the most common reported adverse effects of statins. Statin users were more likely to report musculoskeletal pain (5). ... Statins may increase the risk of tendon rupture by altering matrix metalloproteinases activity (8).Apr 1, 2012
Tendon, tendon healing, hyperlipidemia and statins - NCBI
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov › pmc › articles › PMC3666488

Since I started taking Lipitor in July '18,I've torn:
07/2018-distal rupture,left bicep(gym related)
06/2019-ruptured all 4 rotator cuff tendons,left shoulder(non gym related)
10/08/2019-ruptured all remaining rotator cuff tendons,right shoulder(non gym related)
10/08/2019-ruptured long head of right bicep(non gym related)
11/03/2019-ruptured gastrocnemius,right leg(non gym related)

WTF is going on?!! I'm not doing anything extreme or lifting ridiculously heavy weights,but shit keeps ripping off the bone. I can say that right now is one of the lowest points of my entire life. I'm trying to stay positive but seriously,but I'm started to get depressed.

Still having my 1st of two shoulder replacements on 11/27/19,so just imagine how fucking painful it is to utilize crutches to walk. Supporting my body-weight and trying to walk on crutches with two shoulders that are basically damaged beyond conventional repair is just fucking ridiculous.

Any/all aspirations of doing a Master Physique in 2020(or ever!) are fucking gone.

Rant over,thanks for listening to me bitch and moan :banghead:

Last edited:
Sorry to hear that Man.

Goodness that sucks.
I agree about the Statins.
I have shoulder strains I never had before and pec strains I never had before after I started taking Crestor 3 years ago.

I just have that gene for high cholesterol so I have to take them.

The masters 2020

I can't edit my own posts for some reason. But same boat as you my Masters 2020 is out due to the back thing.

I'm sorry STUMPY. You've been through the ringer. Your heart is the most important. Talk to your cardiologist to see if there are other statins that will work for your heart situation but may reduce the occurrence of tendon related injuries. Best of luck to you. That's a lot to go through physically and mentally.

I`ve said before statins are poison and I get slammed every time. Hope you heal up and find a solution. Maybe some bpc till then.

Ok Gentlemen,I'm about to give up!!

Last Saturday two of my dogs started to scrap in the kitchen while I was upstairs,my wife was trying to hold them back and was screaming for me to help so I took off running down the stairs...got to the last step and felt/heard that fucking familiar POP(when a tendon lets go)on my right leg behind my knee and immediately fell to the ground.

Separated the dogs,then had the wife take me to the ER. Can't put any weight at all on my right leg. Doc confirmed my thoughts that I tore my gastrocnemius up under the knee. Gave me crutches and sent me on my way. MRI today@10:30am. Underside of knee is black/blue/green etc as expected.

I'm so mad,I don't know ANYONE who has torn 5 major tendons in little over a years time!!!! Laying on the stretcher at the ER,I told my wife there is no fucking way it's a coincidence that I'm rupturing tendons/muscles like it's going out of style.
All of these injuries started in the time frame of when I was 1st prescribed Lipitor,Plavix,Toprol XL,and Imdur for my heart issues back in July of 2018.

A quick google showed that Statins(Lipitor) have a negative effect on tendons:
Statins and tendons
Muscle effects are the most common reported adverse effects of statins. Statin users were more likely to report musculoskeletal pain (5). ... Statins may increase the risk of tendon rupture by altering matrix metalloproteinases activity (8).Apr 1, 2012
Tendon, tendon healing, hyperlipidemia and statins - NCBI
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov › pmc › articles › PMC3666488

Since I started taking Lipitor in July '18,I've torn:
07/2018-distal rupture,left bicep(gym related)
06/2019-ruptured all 4 rotator cuff tendons,left shoulder(non gym related)
10/08/2019-ruptured all remaining rotator cuff tendons,right shoulder(non gym related)
10/08/2019-ruptured long head of right bicep(non gym related)
11/03/2019-ruptured gastrocnemius,right leg(non gym related)

WTF is going on?!! I'm not doing anything extreme or lifting ridiculously heavy weights,but shit keeps ripping off the bone. I can say that right now is one of the lowest points of my entire life. I'm trying to stay positive but seriously,but I'm started to get depressed.

Still having my 1st of two shoulder replacements on 11/27/19,so just imagine how fucking painful it is to utilize crutches to walk. Supporting my body-weight and trying to walk on crutches with two shoulders that are basically damaged beyond conventional repair is just fucking ridiculous.

Any/all aspirations of doing a Master Physique in 2020(or ever!) are fucking gone.

Rant over,thanks for listening to me bitch and moan :banghead:

Do you also take bp meds? I had nonstop injuries while on clonidine HCL. It only took me forever to put 2 and 2 together. I quit bp meds 2 years ago. The first year old injuries gradually healed. Now, I’m lifting the heaviest I have in years.

its hilarious how yall always blame every drug u take, EXCEPT steroids, for every little health problem that pops up

its hilarious how yall always blame every drug u take, EXCEPT steroids, for every little health problem that pops up

I have been off all AAS since 1st wk of August,only running 200mg T every other wk as per my Endocrinologist. I would love to blame my injuries on steroids;if that was the case I'm sure the steroids would have exacted many more injuries upon me over the years,which they have not.

Thanks for the well wishes Sir :headbang:

Sorry to hear about the injuries. I would definitely try some BPC-157 and TB-500 combo to help heal the tendons and muscles.

I'm not a fan of statins they seem to be a cause of a lot of health issues.

shit is poison man unless you have hyperlipidlemia
hope you heal up brother.

Statins

Ive been taking Lipitor now for going on 12 years and never had a single problem. Everybody is different though. I can say for certain as far as I go that statins have not caused any issues for me. I take the largest dose too.

Last edited:
I have been off all AAS since 1st wk of August,only running 200mg T every other wk as per my Endocrinologist. I would love to blame my injuries on steroids;if that was the case I'm sure the steroids would have exacted many more injuries upon me over the years,which they have not.

Thanks for the well wishes Sir :headbang:

I have seen studies over the decades showing steroids being responsible for ruptures and tears. I saw studies years ago showing cross linking in the tendon from winstrol use. Or at the least the tendons may not be able to withstand the stress or power that can be generated with anabolics. Or that muscle just gets stronger faster then tendons can ever keep up with. Have these things been shown to be not true in more recent studies? I came across this recently.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5206906/
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/1997802/

Both AAS and statins can contribute to and increase the risk of tendon tears. The combo of the two I would imagine can be worse.

I feel for you man. I've partially torn my rt pec, lt pec, rt triceps and fullt ruptured my lt biceps. I've has umbilical hernia repair surgery. Herniated discs. All can be tied back to working out and AAS. My rupture happened during a slip and fall. The others while lifting.

Getting injured and recovery sucks. Being limited sucks. But it's in our nature to never give up. Keep doing what you can and bounce back when you heal. One way I look at things is, if I've been through it before and came out ok, I can do it again.

Stumpy I know what your going through. No statin but in early 2018 at 50 y/o I just started to fall the fuck apart. 35 yrs of BB'ing and powerlifting all caught up with me at once. Shoulders blew out about 6 months apart (partial & total supraspinatus/subscapularis tears), sciatica in my R butt/leg (L5-S1 herniation), R PCL tear. Just one thing after another. Spent the bulk of 2018 in physical therapy after multiple shoulder surgeries. Changed my BP medication, dropped the PPI, experiemented with IF and Keto. Dropped the heavy cycles, about 25-30lbs of useless muscle, up'd my cardio and just went a different direction with my overall health goals.

I'm blessed my injures woke me the fuck up from the destructive habits I'd developed over the years. My priorities changed. Daughters are 14 and 9 now.
I gotta be there for THEM!

TRT (10mg/day) with a little Primo E thrown in from time to time, a little GH when I can afford it. Strong in the gym again but smarter. Happy, horny and best of all...healthy. You just need to adapt to a smaller you. Just do it Stumpy! If i can do it, anyone can.

Keep a positive mental attitude as it helps speed up healing. I've torn a lot of major tendons too.

Five ruptured discs in my back and a partially missing vertebrae.

Tore my left pec.

Ruptured left Achilles x2 within 8 weeks. They had to replace it and half my lower leg is gone.

I dislocated my left shoulder in a fall. During rehab my subscapularis and biceps both ruptured completely. I have my 6 week follow-up today so we'll see were I'm at.

All the best, stay positive and you will come back.

Last edited:
Do you also take bp meds?
I do not.

Sorry to hear about the injuries. I would definitely try some BPC-157 and TB-500 combo to help heal the tendons and muscles.
Have you utilized these yourself???? I'll try anything once

shit is poison man unless you have hyperlipidlemia
hope you heal up brother.
My cholesterol was pretty bad,enough to contribute to a 90% blockage in my RCA and 50% blockage on two smaller arteries on the left side of the heart(can't remember which).

I have seen studies over the decades showing steroids being responsible for ruptures and tears. I saw studies years ago showing cross linking in the tendon from winstrol use. Or at the least the tendons may not be able to withstand the stress or power that can be generated with anabolics. Or that muscle just gets stronger faster then tendons can ever keep up with. Have these things been shown to be not true in more recent studies? I came across this recently.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5206906/
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/1997802/

Thanks for the links;I stopped training heavy after my spine fusions,since I got back in the gym 2yrs ago all of my weights have been light enough to get 12-15reps in strict,slow form. I.E.-in the past I'd flat bench 365 for 6-8,and incline 315 for 6-8 w free weights . Now I rarely push past 185lbs for either,but on the Smith now.

Both AAS and statins can contribute to and increase the risk of tendon tears. The combo of the two I would imagine can be worse.

I feel for you man. I've partially torn my rt pec, lt pec, rt triceps and fullt ruptured my lt biceps. I've has umbilical hernia repair surgery. Herniated discs. All can be tied back to working out and AAS. My rupture happened during a slip and fall. The others while lifting.

Getting injured and recovery sucks. Being limited sucks. But it's in our nature to never give up. Keep doing what you can and bounce back when you heal. One way I look at things is, if I've been through it before and came out ok, I can do it again.
Only injured myself 2x in the gym over the past 30yrs of training all while on AAS. All of these recent injuries have been outside the gym,during the course of a normal day;meaning I wasn't exerting myself or lifting any weights when the injury occurred.

Stumpy I know what your going through. No statin but in early 2018 at 50 y/o I just started to fall the fuck apart. 35 yrs of BB'ing and powerlifting all caught up with me at once. Shoulders blew out about 6 months apart (partial & total supraspinatus/subscapularis tears), sciatica in my R butt/leg (L5-S1 herniation), R PCL tear. Just one thing after another. Spent the bulk of 2018 in physical therapy after multiple shoulder surgeries. Changed my BP medication, dropped the PPI, experiemented with IF and Keto. Dropped the heavy cycles, about 25-30lbs of useless muscle, up'd my cardio and just went a different direction with my overall health goals.

I'm blessed my injures woke me the fuck up from the destructive habits I'd developed over the years. My priorities changed. Daughters are 14 and 9 now.
I gotta be there for THEM!

TRT (10mg/day) with a little Primo E thrown in from time to time, a little GH when I can afford it. Strong in the gym again but smarter. Happy, horny and best of all...healthy. You just need to adapt to a smaller you. Just do it Stumpy! If i can do it, anyone can.
Sounds very similar to my situation,at least I don't feel so bad now as I literally just turned 50 a few weeks ago and feel I'm coming apart at the seams also lol

Keep a positive mental attitude as it helps speed up healing. I've torn a lot of major tendons too.

Five ruptured discs in my back and a partially missing vertebrae.

Tore my left pec.

Ruptured left Achilles x2 within 8 weeks. They had to replace it and half my lower leg is gone.

I dislocated my left shoulder in a fall. During rehab my subscapularis and biceps both ruptured completely. I have my 6 week follow-up today so we'll see were I'm at.

All the best, stay positive and you will come back.
Damn man sorry to hear all that,again,it sounds like you had similar bad luck w injuries as myself and Reload. Seems like it's literally one thing after the other. I'm embarrassed to call my Orthopedics office at this point if I have another injury;even the ladies in the reception area are like: "Damn,you're back again???! You were just here 2 wks ago

I honestly don't know whats going on,but I know my body very well and I can't wrap my head around all these sudden back to back major injuries. Could it be that my age and training heavy all these years finally caught up to me? Possibly,although I don't train heavy. Could it be something with one of the several medications I take? That's possible too.
Now I totally understand if I was pushing 1-rep max's,or doing a movement I know I shouldn't be doing(behind the neck press,deadlift,squat,etc)but that's not the case.
I'l just chalk it up as shit happens.

BTW,my cardiologist called and switched me off the Lipitor and on to Crestor. He said the tendon ruptures are definitely possible as a side effect although that'd be the exception to the norm;muscular aches/pains are the most common sides,not ruptures. My buddy who was on Crestor told me he had horrible muscle pain and had to switch over to Livalo.

Last edited:
STUMPY, what kind of dogs do you have that were throwing down in the kitchen octagon?

I hope you heal fast from this. Try to stay positive.

STUMPY, what kind of dogs do you have that were throwing down in the kitchen octagon?

I hope you heal fast from this. Try to stay positive.

Thank you,I'll do my best to keep my head up,I've been down before and managed to pull myself back up and plan on doing the same now.

Had four pitbull terriers up until Oct.30,when I had to put my oldest male Bruno down due to cancerous tumor in his lung. He was the Alpha dog and was the pack leader.

If you're familiar with packs of dogs(or animals in general)there needs to be a leader,or Alpha dog;ultimately they see me as the Alpha/pack leader but there has to be a canine Alpha as well if that makes sense.

When Bruno passed,the remaining three had to determine who the new Alpha is among them and a power-struggle ensued with several small scraps and stare-down's between them starting a few days after Bruno was gone.

It's a show of force if you will,(they aren't in full-kill mode during this) my youngest male (3yrs old) decided to latch onto my female's cheek/neck skin as my wife was letting them outside to do their business. He punctured right thru her skin and wouldn't let go. She released when I hobbled into the room,however he did not. Had to choke him out w his choker til he couldn't breathe and ultimately let her go. Takes anywhere from 30-60secs,but during that time it seems like forever and is basically pure chaos. Definitely not for the faint-hearted. Just not as easy to do as it normally is considering I need the two shoulder replacements and have a torn bicep as well.

Unfortunately I'm used to this behavior,and know how to separate two(or three even!)pitbull's from fighting,safely and effectively. I've taught my wife as well. It's just something I've had to learn since owning 11 APBT's over the years,the first pair of APBT's going back to '94.

-Both dogs that scrapped are fine btw,I always have antibiotics on hand and are now healed up 100%

Last edited:
i think its def time to stopp lifting weights....
-F2S

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
12cc