over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Andrew Huberman talks Testosterone w/Joe Rogan

I just listened to the first half while on a walk and then saw this thread. Good timing.

Yea I think Joe just kind of plays dumb sometimes or he forgets a lot. He is going to live a very long time IMO

His doctor is Mark Gordon but he has access and is acquainted/friends with many amazing researchers and doctors including David Sinclair, Rhonda Patrick, Peter Attia and several others. I do agree he probably does what he has told and likely hasn't done anything wild with hormones aside from maybe taking an extra 40mg in a week or 200mg before a vacation..lol.

Probably just test and maybe gh for him..
I’m not sure of his test dosage..but joe has said several times that he takes 1-2 IU of GH a day depending on doctors orders

I have been preaching about Magesium L-Threonate on here for a year or two. Personally I take Jarrow or Doctor's Best but I may be helping formulate a new supplement with it in it soon.

The standard dose is 2,000mg which yields 144mg Mag L-Threonate. I will have to listen to if Huberman suggested different?

I'm not sure about what exactly was said on Rogan but he was on Tim Ferris the other day as well and on that he mentioned 200mg-400mg of magnesium threonate? Here are all the show notes from that episode. That would be double of most threonate supps that I've seen.

I have tickets as well. This will be my second time seeing Joe live.

just picked up tickets for his latest comedy tour, i'm pumped (as in excited, not swole)

I have tickets as well. This will be my second time seeing Joe live.
I've seen him 6-8x...several at the Comedy Store and Icehouse in LA. I am likely going to see him again in LA this tour. Always a good time seeing this Renaissance Man.

Huberman really is a bad motherfucker. I knew about him but I didn't find him nearly this interesting in the past.

I’ve never heard Rogan tell a joke onstage

Take it in the evening.

Personally, I prefer to take it earlier in the day, even in the morning. I know magnesium (citrate is the one I use) helps you sleep and relax, but it also moves your guts and makes you shit, so if I take it at night, my sleep will suck because of this.

Personally, I prefer to take it earlier in the day, even in the morning. I know magnesium (citrate is the one I use) helps you sleep and relax, but it also moves your guts and makes you shit, so if I take it at night, my sleep will suck because of this.
Citrate is the magnesium that makes you shit. Try a different form like glycinate or taurate

Citrate is the magnesium that makes you shit. Try a different form like glycinate or taurate

I actually use it to shit, lol, but I would also like to use it to sleep and relax. I thought that differents magnesiums should be similar effects, I also thought that citrate and chelate were superior to the rest, so I will have to try these you mention.

Thanks

I actually use it to shit, lol, but I would also like to use it to sleep and relax. I thought that differents magnesiums should be similar effects, I also thought that citrate and chelate were superior to the rest, so I will have to try these you mention.

Thanks
All forms of magnesium have their advantages (except oxide which is useless) so you really can't go wrong either way. L-Threonate doesn't prove enough of a magnesium dose to use on its own though.

Damn bro, what a coincidence, I was listening earlier today and this is the EXACT part I was thinking would make for a great thread here.

I was also shocked as hell by the complete lack of knowledge Rogan portrayed here. Very baffling considering the conversations and statements I've heard from him in the past regarding hormones.

I can't get enough of Huberman. He's been making rounds on a ton of podcasts lately and he is INSANELY knowledgeable.

I started taking magnesium threonate about a week ago (he talks about it at the beginning of the conversation) and my sleep has improved drastically... I track everything with a whoop and my recovery has been higher everyday consistently this past week than it has ever been in the past 6 months.

I cannot wait for the future of health with guys like Huberman putting out such quality information and all the biometric technology that will be coming in the years to come. It's going to change the way we do EVERYTHING.
Yoooo I just started taking it too and man I think it’s giving me the poops. Can’t stop pissing out my ass. I’m trying to figure out if there’s anything I’ve added or taken out my diet in the last few weeks and this seems to be it. Taking 3 a day in the morning. Scaling back to 1 at night to see if anything improves.

Yoooo I just started taking it too and man I think it’s giving me the poops. Can’t stop pissing out my ass. I’m trying to figure out if there’s anything I’ve added or taken out my diet in the last few weeks and this seems to be it. Taking 3 a day in the morning. Scaling back to 1 at night to see if anything improves.
How many milligrams of magnesium in each capsule ? 250mg is plenty in my experience.

View attachment 140756It’s a little confusing

So three caps is 144 mg total. I was confused as first as well bro.

I've heard of people getting the shits from magnesium but honestly bro I have had zero issues at all. I'd be very interested to know exactly what it does that to certain individuals and what it means.

But man, theres been some days here and there that I miss my dose of the threonate and my recovery ends up much less than it typically would have been had I taken it (all information I get from wearing my whoop strap). By consistently going to bed within a 30 minute timeframe (typically 10-1030) and taking magnesium threonate, I will wake up at 5 am (30 minutes before my alarm) feeling energetic, clear headed and motivated as hell to start my day. My head in on straight and I'm ready to accomplish shit. And not to mention my workouts have been better than ever with my recovery constantly being optimized like it has been lately. I'm a believer.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
GFly
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131