over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

AndroGel Allergies? Input Please?

jay_dub

Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Registered
Hey guys,

I asked a couple months back about AndroGel on here and how it may help my dad for his proposed TRT options. Well, he got the script for it and had a couple questions that he wanted me to ask.

He doesnt know if its the AndroGel for sure or not but he said that around the time he began to use it his skin began to get red and itchy, bloodshot eyes, and he developed a pain in his neck/head.

Has anyone on here gotten these types of symptoms from the gel or ever heard of anyone getting something similar? He's pretty confident its the gel doing it to him but his doctor wont return his phone calls so hes not absolutely positive. (He's called his doc all passed week long and never got a response).

Anyway, you guys were awesome when I asked about for help on the subject last time and my dad asked me to get on here and ask you again about this. Like you all said earlier, its a long process that takes a lot of patience and so far that has been the absolute truth for my dad.

I appreciate it bros

I used to use androgel and never had any symptoms. Your dad my be better suited for testim. Another type of trt gel if he doesn't want to inject.

Hey guys,

I asked a couple months back about AndroGel on here and how it may help my dad for his proposed TRT options. Well, he got the script for it and had a couple questions that he wanted me to ask.

He doesnt know if its the AndroGel for sure or not but he said that around the time he began to use it his skin began to get red and itchy, bloodshot eyes, and he developed a pain in his neck/head.

Has anyone on here gotten these types of symptoms from the gel or ever heard of anyone getting something similar? He's pretty confident its the gel doing it to him but his doctor wont return his phone calls so hes not absolutely positive. (He's called his doc all passed week long and never got a response).

Anyway, you guys were awesome when I asked about for help on the subject last time and my dad asked me to get on here and ask you again about this. Like you all said earlier, its a long process that takes a lot of patience and so far that has been the absolute truth for my dad.

I appreciate it bros

I'm glad it's working for your dad.

Androgel has a lot of alcohol in the gel - it's actually flammable until dry - so it can dry the skin and cause redness. He can use a moisturizer at other times to deal with the cracking. Never heard of bloodshot eyes. Headache is rare.

Testim has a very similar alcohol-based gel, but is much less drying and contains pentadecalactone which makes it stink but helps absorption. Some people can really absorb testim beyond the average 10% -- I've gotten total test numbers as high as 1500 on testim.

Finally, good old-fashioned cypionate is hard to beat. Easy to dose precisely. No smell. No dry skin. Less dht conversion. But somewhat higher risk of polycythemia. I use cyp IM these days. Might be best choice for your dad.

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Pdx236
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws