over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Androgen Receptors and Total T

tride26

Newbies
i'm taking 100mg/wk which gets my total T levels only to around 300 when tested at the end of the week.

my doctor said he has other patients that take 100mg/wk and get their total T over 800.

i have been trying to figure out why there is such a variance in results from the same amount of steroid.

so i'm wondering if the difference may be due to androgen receptors, both total number and sensitivity?

those with fewer and less sensitive (down-regulated) androgen receptors are unable to accept the testosterone messenger and able to keep it circulating allowing for higher total T levels.

is this correct, or am i way off base here?

Last edited:
interesting...on 100mgs a week I hover right around 1100...
Your theory could be right...
How do you respond to higher doses of gear if you run any at all...how about training? Putting muscle on? Happen quick for you or is it a battle?

i know this is primarily a bodybuilding board, but i have never ran a cycle.
i've always been athletic with a decent build but not bodybuilder huge.....more lean/muscular.
i suspect i've been running around with lowish t levels most of my life.
it wasn't until i complained about some symptoms did my urologist run a blood test to find out my total t was below 200.
now that i've been on trt for 6 months my total t is only 300 7 days post inject.
my doc is surprised and confused by my results, so i've been reading as much as i can to learn.
possibly i produced plenty of test naturally, just my body uses it up?

Last edited:
It depends where your total test level was before you started TRT. 100mg of test C raises my level by 290 a week after the injection. Also if you use other compounds like Tren it can cause your dody to produce less natural test which will lower total test levels.

What if you split your dose? What if your a hypo excreter or hypo metabolizer? As dr Crisler calls it.

Last edited:
yes. that is exactly what i am trying now.
ive switched to 2 x weekly shots of 50mg.
shoot sub-q with an insulin pin.
but i've only been doing this for a month so haven't had blood work done yet to confirm if it helps.
so far i feel better.

It depends where your total test level was before you started TRT. 100mg of test C raises my level by 290 a week after the injection. Also if you use other compounds like Tren it can cause your dody to produce less natural test which will lower total test levels.

What are you trying to say? Your body does not produce much test at all when you are on trt.

Your body produces a certain amount of test before you start TRT. It will continue to make that amount of test as long as you don't exceed a physiological dose. Your total test level shouldn't exceed about 1100. If you start jacking up the dose of test you can shut yourself down further. Or if you add other compounds you run the risk of some natural shut down.

What if you split your dose? What if your a hypo excreter or hypo metabolizer? As dr Crisler calls it.

interesting.
i ran a search for 'chrisler hyper excreter' and this is one of the things he said on his website referring to multiple sub-q shots per week:

For "HYPERS" (hyperexcreters and hypermetabolizers), or those with low SHBG, this is the injection schedule which provides the best response. Avoiding all those holes in your muscles is also a benefit.

Last edited:
Your body produces a certain amount of test before you start TRT. It will continue to make that amount of test as long as you don't exceed a physiological dose. Your total test level shouldn't exceed about 1100. If you start jacking up the dose of test you can shut yourself down further. Or if you add other compounds you run the risk of some natural shut down.

i was under the assumption that 100mg/wk = roughly 70mg of circulating test/wk = more than what a typical 21 yr old produces in a week.
so if i'm injecting more than i would produce naturally then my htpa would shut down anyway........at least over time.
yes/no?

I don't think this is true. If my body was producing 500 ng/dl before trt, are you telling me it is still producing that while on trt? If that was the case, no PCT would ever be needed, you would be at your natty levels as soon as the injected test left your system. Why do you think your balls shrink? It is because they stop working.

there is a chart on here somewhere that shows if you don't inject enough test, you will have less test in your system then your natty levels. In other words, you need to inject enough test to get you higher than your natty levels or your are doing yourself no good because you shut yourself down. Injecting test does not "add" to the test you are producing naturally, because you shut your natty test down.

Last edited:
Interesting point Maineguy. TRT might shut you down a little bit but it is replacing what you are missing. If it started to shut you considerably my Doc would have to keep increasing my dose to keep me at 800ng/dl which is not the case. As far as PCT goes, TRT guys don't stop taking test so there is no PCT.

I don't think this is true. If my body was producing 500 ng/dl before trt, are you telling me it is still producing that while on trt? If that was the case, no PCT would ever be needed, you would be at your natty levels as soon as the injected test left your system. Why do you think your balls shrink? It is because they stop working.

there is a chart on here somewhere that shows if you don't inject enough test, you will have less test in your system then your natty levels. In other words, you need to inject enough test to get you higher than your natty levels or your are doing yourself no good because you shut yourself down. Injecting test does not "add" to the test you are producing naturally, because you shut your natty test down.

i had a T level of around 390 pre-hrt. after using Androgel at 5mg a day. my LH and FSH was basically undetectable and my T level was under 500. so very little test shut me down. your body tries to seek balance and when you start to screw with it, it doesn't care what our plans are.

on 100mg/week my T level is around 1100 2 days after i inject and 400 or so before my next shot from the tests i have taken.

Last edited:
i had a T level of around 390 pre-hrt. after using Androgel at 5mg a day. my LH and FSH was basically undetectable and my T level was under 500. so very little test shut me down. your body tries to seek balance and when you start to screw with it, it doesn't care what our plans are.

on 100mg/week my T level is around 1100 2 days after i inject and 400 or so before my next shot from the tests i have taken.

I agree, I just am not sure if he thinks your body still produces much test while you are injecting it, because it doesn't.

Interesting point Maineguy. TRT might shut you down a little bit but it is replacing what you are missing. If it started to shut you considerably my Doc would have to keep increasing my dose to keep me at 800ng/dl which is not the case. As far as PCT goes, TRT guys don't stop taking test so there is no PCT.

Your body stops producing any amount of test worth talking about when you are injecting exogenous Test. Once you stabilize your levels, your doc is not going to have to keep increasing dose. Your HPTA shuts down or close to it when you are on cycle or TRT. If your doc thinks he is just adding to what your body produces, you need to find a new doc. The pct example was just an example, I know when you are on TRT you don't do PCT.

Everybody has some valid points. I just got back from my TRT injection and asked my Doc about shutdown and TRT. She said there is some shutdown and it will vary person to person. Of course HCG will help maintain natural levels

Everybody has some valid points. I just got back from my TRT injection and asked my Doc about shutdown and TRT. She said there is some shutdown and it will vary person to person. Of course HCG will help maintain natural levels
HCG is good, but will not maintain your natural levels. Most of your test in your body right now is from your test injections. Are you taking HCG?

any type of hormone coming from outside the body will partially or completely shut down natural production. If you are on trt and your levels are past what they were before you started trt than you are close to 100% shut down.

Its easy to figure out, look at LH before and after trt. LH is the primary hormone that produces natural testosterone. Garenteed if you are on trt there will be little to no LH in your blood.

I should not have said natural levels. HCG helps maintain some natural production of test. Yes I do use HCG with B-12 in it. It's good stuff.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Punisher13420
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws