over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Ankylosing Spondylitis

pesty4077

Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Staff member
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
OK, so I have a friend who has this. I don't know much about it. He lives in Romania and they just gave him painkillers. Is there anything else to treat this? Maybe someone can educate me more on it.

It runs in my family. I have the HLA-B27 gene but haven't been diagnosed with it yet...other members of my family have it. He needs to see a Rheumatologist. There are drugs called biologics that can slow it down but there is no cure.

I have a comp client with it

awful disease
autoimmune
no cure
very degenerative
very damaging to the joints, esp back
hands tend to swell comparable to an allergic reaction

good luck to them

Embril. Biologic. Helps immensely but no cure. Very expensive. Go to the manufacturer and see what low cost programs they have. Oh ya pot helps too

My wife has it she has been on Enbrel and now Humira

My wife has it she has been on Enbrel and now Humira

Yup... My best friend has it and humira was the only thing that works for him. It's a really disabling disease but he is a fuckin warrior. Your spine literally fuses together over the years as well as destroying your knees and smaller joints... He was diognosed in highschool when he could barely walk and is now 34 years old. The Guy weight trains in his garage every day, runs 2-3 miles a day, and plays full court basketball 2 twice a week while working 40+ hours a week.

Yup... My best friend has it and humira was the only thing that works for him. It's a really disabling disease but he is a fuckin warrior. Your spine literally fuses together over the years as well as destroying your knees and smaller joints... He was diognosed in highschool when he could barely walk and is now 34 years old. The Guy weight trains in his garage every day, runs 2-3 miles a day, and plays full court basketball 2 twice a week while working 40+ hours a week.

My wife started with foot pain that eventually felt like she was walking on gravel barefoot and it got pretty crippling until they figured it out.

I have a comp client with it

awful disease
autoimmune
no cure
very degenerative
very damaging to the joints, esp back
hands tend to swell comparable to an allergic reaction

good luck to them

I truly love the HOPEFUL tone of your post, CM... :eek::eek::(

LOL! :p;)

I truly love the HOPEFUL tone of your post, CM... :eek::eek::(

LOL! :p;)

so much gets lost in the typed word
its unbelievable you can take something heart felt and misinterpret because of the way it reads

alot of it stems from the big mouths around here like the (un)swollen spartan who is always on the attack and talks shit about everyone, even people at the top. esp those people
I think most people come on here and think everyone is a prick

its tiresome to be on the forum with your arms up to block trolls and never will be assholes
apologies for not being more clear with the post, but I wont apologize for the defensive tone the forum has

I only say good luck because I see how hard it is for her to deal with it
some days are unmanageable
its a fight, and if the person is a fighter, like anything else they can achieve more then someone who is just lazy
sometimes she needs some luck, some times the disease wins

It's all good, CM... I never meant to make it look you had been agressive in any way, shape or form... just, well... kind of direct! :p ;)

And I actually like you and enjoy your - quality - contributions to PM... sincerely. :) You might have some beef with other members who don't always share your opinions, that's none of my business... you and I are cool! :)

so much gets lost in the typed word
its unbelievable you can take something heart felt and misinterpret because of the way it reads

alot of it stems from the big mouths around here like the (un)swollen spartan who is always on the attack and talks shit about everyone, even people at the top. esp those people
I think most people come on here and think everyone is a prick

its tiresome to be on the forum with your arms up to block trolls and never will be assholes
apologies for not being more clear with the post, but I wont apologize for the defensive tone the forum has

I only say good luck because I see how hard it is for her to deal with it
some days are unmanageable
its a fight, and if the person is a fighter, like anything else they can achieve more then someone who is just lazy
sometimes she needs some luck, some times the disease wins

Well many hippies would say by switching to a plant based diet it would cure him 100%.. Suppose something like that is worth a try if desperate but I'm not buying that shit.

Supposedly, physical exercises, rehab, anti inflammatory/immunosuppressive drugs etc.. are ways to ease it but there is no definitive cure.

Well many hippies would say by switching to a plant based diet it would cure him 100%..

Or even FASTING. ;)

In any cases, nothing to lose by trying indeed... :)

I have it and it's controllable via some dietary modifications.

It's caused by an overgrowth of a species of gut bacteria called klebsiella. Klebsiella looks very similar to HLA B27 to your immune system and when there is too much in your system, the immune system is triggered and attacks the HLA too. HLA is mainly concentrated around the spine and those joints basically get caught in the crossfire of the inflammation.

Klebsiella mainly thrives on 3 things - resistant starch, lactose and inulin. Drastically reducing these - mainly a low carb paleo type diet - is the best way to treat AS and any other autoimmune disease such as MS, Crohns, Hashimotos etc.

Get your friend to google 'ankylosing spondylitis low starch diet' and there are quite a few good youtube vids on it too.

Thanks guys for all the replies. I really didn't know much about the subject, but passed on the information to him.

motley

BTW Mick Mars with Motley Crue has this disease too...