over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Anna Nicole/Abscess puncture

nosmas

Banned
I saw enough of the news and heard them discussing that she had probably not been sterile in administration of a shot, had an abscess in butt cheek, and punctured it. I don’t need to hear the “here we go, the media saying HGH killed her!” I know that’s crap as well as you. I just wanted to ask about the abscess puncture and how susceptible our “community” is to this sort of problem.

In 15 years of gear use, I only had one abscess. And that was with Sustanon bought on script from the pharmacy!

From the interview I saw, the doctor said it was most likely from a dirty needle or unclean skin at the injection site. With 9 drugs in her system I would not be suprised if they were sloppy with that too.

Big A said:
In 15 years of gear use, I only had one abscess. And that was with Sustanon bought on script from the pharmacy!
Is an Abscess more likely to be caused from unclean procedure, or from something within the substance being injected?

It could be from either or both , you should always make sure your wipe off the injection site and a big area around it very well and if your sweaty of dirty then wipe it several time untill the swab comes up clean. Also never touch your pin to anything other than the bottle top. I always wipe off the top of my bottles with an alcholol swab before I put my pin through it.

I'm kinda OCD about washing my hands and such anyway.

It only take one little bug to ruin your day.

I knew a guy a few years ago..real big but real dumb type. Used to lick the needle and just stick it in. No alcohol wipes, no switching needles. Didn't really care. Until he came to me with a welt the size of an orange on his ass. Had to go to the doctor and have that thing sucked out with a cannon needle. Obviously the doctor knew it wasn't a spider bite like the guy tried to tell him. But as far as I know, both dirt substance and unclean procedure can cause it.

I never use the same sharp to inject that I drew with. Sharps are cheap and I like to limit the risk of infection as much as possible. I always swab the vial or amp and always swab my injection site with a seperate and clean swab. After the injection I use a 3rd swab to once again clean the site and massage the injected area.

bigtwig

bigtwig said:
I never use the same sharp to inject that I drew with. Sharps are cheap and I like to limit the risk of infection as much as possible. I always swab the vial or amp and always swab my injection site with a seperate and clean swab. After the injection I use a 3rd swab to once again clean the site and massage the injected area.

bigtwig

Yep!

hitithard said:
I knew a guy a few years ago..real big but real dumb type. Used to lick the needle and just stick it in. No alcohol wipes, no switching needles. Didn't really care. Until he came to me with a welt the size of an orange on his ass. Had to go to the doctor and have that thing sucked out with a cannon needle. Obviously the doctor knew it wasn't a spider bite like the guy tried to tell him. But as far as I know, both dirt substance and unclean procedure can cause it.

Oh geez!!!!!!! the human mouth is LOADED with bacteria!

I always inject after my shower, clean again with alcohol, use a pin to withdraw, and another new to stick, clean again with alcohol and massage to disperse the oil. Never a problem in 15 years, knock on wood.

This is really what I had hoped would happen for this thread...a reminder to some of us who have maby become complacent about inject procedure. Im with you Gunsmith, Injects is one area Im proud to be obsessive compulsive. Filter needles for drawing from amps and never the same sharp to inject as I used to draw-if for no other reason than to use a needle that is not dull. I use an alcohol wipe and my wife always reminds me to wipe from one side to the other and not in circles. "its not so much the alcohol, its the wiping off of the dirt with the pad". All this....and the fact that if I get another abscess, she will cut off my balls!

If you make your own gear I suggest adding a bit extra BA to it and baking it to 250 for 30 minutes. I follow the others advice posted plus mine and never had a problem in 5 years. Some guys don't bake the gear (sterilize it). They assume the vial is sterile or even cut back on BA to stop pain. These guys are asking for trouble.

nosmas said:
I saw enough of the news and heard them discussing that she had probably not been sterile in administration of a shot, had an abscess in butt cheek, and punctured it. I don’t need to hear the “here we go, the media saying HGH killed her!” I know that’s crap as well as you. I just wanted to ask about the abscess puncture and how susceptible our “community” is to this sort of problem.

i would imagine her hgh shots were sub q. I have heard the abcess was from sleeping and pain meds.

Alin said:
i would imagine her hgh shots were sub q. I have heard the abcess was from sleeping and pain meds.
Ya I later heard that clarified to, and I think thats important to keep in mind at all times!

steve123456789 said:
If you make your own gear I suggest adding a bit extra BA to it and baking it to 250 for 30 minutes. I follow the others advice posted plus mine and never had a problem in 5 years. Some guys don't bake the gear (sterilize it). They assume the vial is sterile or even cut back on BA to stop pain. These guys are asking for trouble.

sorry but you have no earthly idea what your talking about. you add a little extra BA ? LOL, homebrewing is all about percentages and preceise calculations, ive NEVER seen anywhere to "add a little extra BA for safety" lol. besides if your gear is already tainted adding more BA will DO NOTHING, except for causing a painful shot. many human grade pharmacies only use 1.5% BA and studies have shown that even .75% BA killed all bacteria and fungal species. oh and yeah baking doesnt do shit, only people who are ill informed still practice this.

Last edited:
im sure some of you ill-informed homebrewers will flame me for not baking, so please read little grasshoppers......

Why I don't autoclave/bake my gear. - By SV-1

I've seen a lot of info on the board lately about how using an autoclave or pressure cooker will sterilize oil based AAS, well after a good bit of research everything I've been able to find states the exact opposite.

To start here is a quote by Justin, a moderator at UK Muscle:
Quote:
Clearing up some misconceptions

Heat sterilisation of oil will not be successful by using 250F.
250F is the heat used by a certain class of autoclave. The autoclave uses pressure also to achieve wet sterilisation, this method will work for aqueous solutions but will NOT sterilise oil. If heat is the chosen method to sterilise oil, then you must sterilise by dry heat methods, i.e. 150-170C (302 - 338F) for 1-4 hrs, (type and volume depending) which can be detrimental to certain hormone preparations.
Divert your attentions to using clean practises, filtering with a 0.22um membrane filter and incorporating a Bacteriostatic agent (BA).

I found the following to support this quote.

From the FLINDERS UNIVERSITY OF SOUTH AUSTRALIA - FACULTY OF SCIENCE AND ENGINEERING
SCHOOL OF BIOLOGICAL SCIENCES USE AND TRAINING FOR AUTOCLAVES
"Ensure that the material is autoclavable – Oils, waxes, some plastics, flammable materials and samples
containing solvents or substances that may emit toxic fumes should not be autoclaved"

Finally here is an advertisement for an ALL AMERICAN Electric Autoclave Model 25X, a $750 Sterilizer/Autoclave. Which says very clearly in the last line, "Not to be used to sterilize oils and powders."

So if you're counting on autoclaving/pressure cooking or baking (at any temp/time that wont fry your gear) to give you a sterile oil based product, think again.

those are just little bits and pieces i threw together, for full article with plenty of links PM me

bigtwig said:

bigtwig

Pretty much the same procedure I use, only I am a little on the paranoid side. I also clean the bathroom counters with bleach twice a week and go through lots of hand sanitizer on injection days. I think I read it on here when I first started research that it's a good idea to change pins between drawing and injecting. Also easier to draw through a larger gauge needle then change to a smaller gauge to inject with.

jstforme said:
sorry but you have no earthly idea what your talking about. you add a little extra BA ? LOL, homebrewing is all about percentages and preceise calculations, ive NEVER seen anywhere to "add a little extra BA for safety" lol. besides if your gear is already tainted adding more BA will DO NOTHING, except for causing a painful shot. many human grade pharmacies only use 1.5% BA and studies have shown that even .75% BA killed all bacteria and fungal species. oh and yeah baking doesnt do shit, only people who are ill informed still practice this.
Or..........You could save yourself the hassle and find yourself a good board sponsor and let them make those calculations and preperations for you! plenty of postcards ready to ship! ;)

I now use 2 separate 20 ml vials as opposed to one 40 ml vial for a 4 gram Fina kit. Each time you put room air into the sterile vial you are adding unsterile air. I figure that two smaller vials is better than one. I also now use the 22ul filters as opposed to the 25ul filters. I will still add some more BA to the vials and bake for 250 F for 30 minutes.If you add to much BA you will get a bad caugh and find it hard to breath so don't over do it. It doesn't hurt the solution and I have never had a abscess ever and have done this for 5 years. maybe I am over caustious and the heating doesn't work but I still will do it.

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member
  • LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member