over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

ANOTHER BASEBALL PLAYER admits steroids use

BrooklynBB

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
I think it was Phil Hernon who asked the question:

Why do all of these former athletes from the olympics and various other TV sports feel the need to come out with their admitting steroids AFTER the fact? They're just showing that they were liars in this past.

Plus, if this guy ever was subpoenaed and lied about it he could go to jail.

But here's one thing I find ironic:

More NON-COMPETITIVE BODYBUILDERS, Olympic Athletes and BASEBALL PLAYERS have admitted steroid use than bodybuilders themselves! And one baseball player may even face some jail time for lying about it.

Seems to me that steroids aren't a bodybuilding problem at all - it's a BASEBALL problem. :)

Retired David Segui admits steroid use

Mon Dec 10, 11:43 PM ET

Retired first baseman David Segui admitted Monday that he used steroids and purchased shipments from former New York Mets clubhouse attendant Kirk Radomski, The Sun reported on its Web site Monday night.

Segui also repeated his June 2006 admission to ESPN that he used human growth hormone with a prescription.

He told the newspaper that he refused to talk to former Senate Majority Leader George Mitchell, whose report on performance-enhancing drugs is expected soon. Segui said he didn't want to betray the trust of other players.

"I have nothing to hide. I have no problem talking about what I have done," said Segui, who spent eight of his 15 major league seasons with the Baltimore Orioles. "But I never want any other players to think I was out there talking about their business. Because I do know a lot, but people have told me things in confidence and I don't want to be spreading that."

Radomski pleaded guilty in April to federal charges of illegally distributing performance-enhancing drugs. As part of his agreement with the government, he was required to cooperate with Mitchell's investigation.

Segui said he met Radomski after being traded to the Mets in 1994. They became close and still talk by phone several times a week — usually about fishing and family.

At first, Radomski helped Segui with nutrition and weightlifting. Eventually, Segui said, he paid Radomski for different products, from legal supplements and workout gear to steroids and clenbuterol, an asthma drug that is said to melt body fat and is on baseball's banned substances list. Segui also occasionally lent Radomski money.

"It was stuff you do for a friend," Segui said. "I always had a feeling — I knew when more and more guys were going through him — that there is probably going to come the day when he is going to get caught.

"I played more years where I didn't take anything than years where I did take something," Segui added, without giving specifics. "I never denied it or pretended to be an angel."

Segui retired from the Orioles in 2004. He made headlines in June 2006 when he went public with his use of HGH after he thought his name was included in the affidavit of a federal agent who claimed several players were implicated by former Orioles pitcher Jason Grimsley.

___

http://www.baltimoresun.com

Who are these fools lawyers?

Hasn't anyone heard of the 5th amendment anymore? The only way the law can get em is if they currently have roids, can be proved to bought or selling roids or to get them to testify,under oath, then bust their ass for purgery(lieing under oath). What can congress to if they refuse to talk? Screw them limp old men in congress.

Soooooooo tired of this "war on drugs"

man, times are changing and the laws are waaaaaay behind. so tired of anyone giving a damn what they did or do. keep it to themselves is what they SHOULD do. i'm still pissed that a person with gender issues can go to a doctor and get hormones to turn him or her into a him or her and we as athletes and bodybuilders or just everyday people wanting to shed some fat can't take a hormone we ALREADY HAVE IN US!!!!! :mad:

There is a good reason they are all admitting use now. The Mitchell Report is set to come out soon and in it hundreds of baseball players will be named who have bought gear. The ones who are coming out now are trying to save face by admitting under their own terms before they get named for everyone to see. I guess it just makes them look better in the public's eye.

man, times are changing and the laws are waaaaaay behind. so tired of anyone giving a damn what they did or do. keep it to themselves is what they SHOULD do. i'm still pissed that a person with gender issues can go to a doctor and get hormones to turn him or her into a him or her and we as athletes and bodybuilders or just everyday people wanting to shed some fat can't take a hormone we ALREADY HAVE IN US!!!!! :mad:

Good point, never thought of that.

My point is

if everyone kept their mouth shut what would Mitchell have to report? Pro wrestlers have way more class than baseball players. They were pretty tight lipped about the Benoit case. It's a modern day witch hunt to keep the people looking at what the government wants them looking at, instead of how the government is taking our rights away while the economy is in shambles. Here is a story on the Mitchell (squealer) report.

**broken link removed**

Another opinion might be...

I guess its another way to make money. When theyre in the game they want to appear wholesome and would deny any wrong doing in order to keep all those precious contracts and endorsements. then when they finish the game and the money is drying up they release a tell all story about all their drug use and also take others down with them!!
The general public gasp in horror about how these athletes that they love have come clean, and us here involved in the industry and in the know, smirk and tell everyone " i told u he was on years ago" no big surprise to us!

You know as bad as this is it could turn into somewhat of a positive... Think of it this way, you have all these people who have taken AAS in the past, yet no roid rage, no bad people, but good hearted people... (for the most part), and you know what eventually people will get tired of hearing and talking about this stuff... I hope one day soon AAS will be legalized, or atleast orals, and have an age limit on when to buy it as well as being able to keep track of the amounts bought...

You know as bad as this is it could turn into somewhat of a positive... Think of it this way, you have all these people who have taken AAS in the past, yet no roid rage, no bad people, but good hearted people... (for the most part), and you know what eventually people will get tired of hearing and talking about this stuff... I hope one day soon AAS will be legalized, or atleast orals, and have an age limit on when to buy it as well as being able to keep track of the amounts bought...

It's a nice thought and makes sense, too but it will NEVER happen. Marijuana has a better chance of becoming leglaized.

It's a nice thought and makes sense, too but it will NEVER happen. Marijuana has a better chance of becoming leglaized.

completely backwards...once the large pharmaceutical companies here realize how much money they can make off AAS....they'll be all over it. supplement companies are nothing compared to the power the pharmaceutical companies have...

and marijuana will never be legalized...the tobacco companies are WAY too powerful. (but thats a little off topic)

completely backwards...once the large pharmaceutical companies here realize how much money they can make off AAS....they'll be all over it. supplement companies are nothing compared to the power the pharmaceutical companies have...

and marijuana will never be legalized...the tobacco companies are WAY too powerful. (but thats a little off topic)

It's already legal in CA, provided you have "the card." Personal manipulation of hormones is the last thing the govt. wants. Better to be sleepy and have the munchies than to be jacked and aggressive.

To tell you the truth, I think the pharmaceutical company is one of the reasons why it isnt legalized right now...

I don't buy the pharmaceutical industry argument. Why would they do something that would DECREASE sales? It's the same issue with meth. In order to stop the meth problem, pseudoephedrine needs to be taken off the market (just like methaqualone was in the early 80's), and that's the last thing big pharma wants. They are making LOTs of money off it. And they are fighting a ban on pseudoephedrine just as much as they fought against banning methaqualone.

So why would they want any drug they manufacture restricted in any way? That only hurts profits.

BTW, testosterone being naturally present in the body means it can't be patented anyway. Maybe a specific process for synthesizing it. It's all recombinant DNA tech anyway. So there's no financial advantage to making it in the USA either.

As a side note, I used to get a compounded prescription for testosterone (similar to androgel) cream at a local pharmacy. I found out they get their powder from china, just like everybody else. Even big pharma gets it there.

So I don't see any connection to pharmaceutical companies wanting to restrict availability of test. What I do see is a misguided attempt by the anti drug abuse crowd to further their agenda. That's why there's hysteria about kids and steroids. If you want to get something illegalized, just claim you're doing it for the kids. After all, what politician/reporter/etc would be against protecting kids? Unfortunately as we all know, the risks are far less than what the media reports.

Just my 2 cents...

So today the names will be released of several baseball players proven to have been in possession of steroids by the Anti-Steroid Maggot named George Mitchell.

He calls it a "drug culture", as if Heroin and Halotestin give you the same physiological effect.

Before I rant on, he's going to give his little speech at 2pm this afternoon. A couple of NY Yankees will be named, rumored among them: Roger Clemens (no shock there), Giambi (duh), and Andy Pettite, the latter of which I find hard to believe. I also think you can easily add Mr. Jorge Posada to the list, who blew up a few years ago and then shrunk down to human proportions shortly thereafter.

The report also states that pitchers mores so than any other position player will be named on the list.

Seems like steroids are a Baseball problem, not a bodybuilding problem. :):D :p

The Rocket Roger Clemens is now going to join Bonds with an asteriks if he makes the HOF.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrcivic
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131