over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Another BBer down

damn, not again...

shit like this makes me think twice about what im doing here... Rest bro, rest..

Pudge

I believe his illness started with cancer and led to him having kidney and liver problems at least that's what was reported back in April. For a brief time they thought he was getting better, but the cancer had spread too fast.

rod roddick was a model for gay mags.. his death was not bb related from what i have heard.. he was hit by cancer big time.. not to say what caused his death but, you can probably figure it out.. sad either way.. but, i would hate to see another media blitz on this when it has nothing to do with his bodybuilding.. chris duffy (we all know what he does) is the one breaking the news on certain boards ect..

Last edited:
I have also heard that it was not related to steroid use and that it was not cancer either and that his problems stemmed from abuse of crystal meth...although I don't know if that is true or not.

here we go...i heard this...i heard that....how about facts only....we're talking about someones life

I agree

Good Shape said:
here we go...i heard this...i heard that....how about facts only....we're talking about someones life

But for gods sakes dont anyone mention steroids in his death, that would be down right ludicrous.

Full thread here as it panned out RIP.
Did steroids cause his cancer?
No but they played a role in his death...how much? how little? is anyone's guess.

**broken link removed**

I think...

PHIL HERNON said:
But for gods sakes dont anyone mention steroids in his death, that would be down right ludicrous.

its ok to list steroids as a cause of death...but not a probablility or, it could have... if he died from a steroid related death and the autopsy shows this then so be it. But as the media goes, do not assume just because..... As GIJOE said "knowing is half the battle" hee hee :D
gooey

DANG another one down :confused: this is getting ridiculous . :eek:

ok.. here is what i was told by a guy who writes for one of the mags and is based out of new york.. rod roddick (break down the name) aka higgins was very ill for quite some time.. his personal life was a little messed up to say the least but, he was very well liked guy by most who meant him.. steroids had nothing to do with his death.. the illness he is alleged to have ( i say alleged because the autopsy report is not finished) steroids would have helped to some extent strengthen his life span in regards to this illness.. i think we all know what i am saying but, i will not say until it is reported by family and friends.. but, no, no one that knew his situation and his illness is blaming steroids at all.. so why would we? either way he was a bodybuilder and apparently a good guy.. he got burnt by his activities.. and gear was not it.. he succumed to massive cardiac arrest.. one report was he was at the subway station when it happened.. but, i do not know that for sure.. and neither did the guy i talked to.. he heard the same thing though..as my friend but it " he had many demons in his life.. they won"..

Last edited:
Again

LATS said:
ok.. here is what i was told by a guy who writes for one of the mags and is based out of new york.. rod roddick (break down the name) aka higgins was very ill for quite some time.. his personal life was a little messed up to say the least but, he was very well liked guy by most who meant him.. steroids had nothing to do with his death.. the illness he is alleged to have ( i say alleged because the autopsy report is not finished) steroids would have helped to some extent strengthen his life span in regards to this illness.. i think we all know what i am saying but, i will not say until it is reported by family and friends.. but, no, no one that knew his situation and his illness is blaming steroids at all.. so why would we? either way he was a bodybuilder and apparently a good guy.. he got burnt by his activities.. and gear was not it.. he succumed to massive cardiac arrest.. one report was he was at the subway station when it happened.. but, i do not know that for sure.. and neither did the guy i talked to.. he heard the same thing though..as my friend but it " he had many demons in his life.. they won"..
LATS, after you see all of these guys go down, I have never ever once seen you say that steroids played even a minor role in their death. It is always some other factor. How many pro football players drop dead around 40? Baseball players? Our sport has by far more deaths per capita. Is it the heavy training? The dieting? The cardio? How long can we go on looking for the needle in the haystack? I would like to hear the results of the autopsy because if anyone that dies of a heart attack, and someone says that steroids are not a contributor but a deterrent in the death, is aware of something that should be published NOW.

What about Reggie white....

Reggie died in his early 40's. I have heard conlficting reports on his death. Some were of massive miocardil infarction(hrt attack). Others reports were of a respiratory problem that led to death. Anyways maybe he was a "juicer" during his heyday. Many deaths everyday. Trust me I deal first hand with it and when you are codeing somone on the table with the damn defib and pushing epinephrine every 3 minutes while cont to do cpr in between now that is the worst thing in the world. You are watching the end of someones life. 80-85% never come back. It is not like ER on tv. I will say I have had seen some problems lately in the ER with young men with giant red blotchs on there buttocks or shoulders. Some are in Colleg also. I have to ask them "what are you injecting"? They look at me like they saw a ghost. I tell them I know whats going on in the world of today and just tell me. Most of the time its some guy at a college making bathtub brew steroids. They will usually get a lecture on cleanliness and what not from me. Then the old motrin and ice. However I have drained some abcesses which is not good.
I have seen a rise in this though 5 years ago I would have never seen this type of thing. This shit is getting in to the wrong hands period....

Well I have to say also...

The real situation here is it is a loss nonetheless. I have never heard of this man. My heart and prayers go out to his family. There is nothing in life worse than going through the death of a loved one. I have been there myself so I hope his family can take comfort in knowing he is in a better place. God rest his soul.

my opinion

I have to agree with Lats on this one...IMHO
I beleive Many people are to quik to blame anabolics for EVERYTHING.
I honestly dont think there near as Harmfull to a person As the media and Our Goverment want to lead us to beleive.

Look at the risks we take everyday in life..And Im not even going to mention the habbits of 85% of the rest of the people who Smoke,Drink,Eat and take care of thereslelves Like shit every day- day in day out. etc etc.
I could go on and on,theres so Many things that are more 'risky' and harder
on you then steroids imo...Including the majority of all prescription medicines.

Now if you Guys or someone out there can go thru Life without
ever Doing anything Harmfull to your body......Maybe youll make it to a healthy 70-80Yr old??? I dunno
But my guess is you will Die someday, you will be Judged, you will either live in eternity or you wont...OHH wait :) back to the topic.
My point is I myself am Ok with it and dont beleive it to be nearly as harmfull as MANY other things out there I could be doing.

I agree with you Rajjin

There are mony more harmful things to do to your body. I am not against use, just abuse, or when you have medical conditions that occour because of the abuse. I just think it is hilarious that every time we have a BBer go down, 2 or 3 regulars on here start defending steroid use, singing the praises of steroid use, even going so far as to say that they are healthy. Be smart about your use, look for warning signs, but please, dont ignore the obvious.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
locoslave
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131