over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Another Bust

mark mcgwire

Registered
Here's a bust in Central NY

Lenox man faces 22 drug felonies
Troopers say they seized $100,000 in steroids that he was selling to health clubs.

September 17, 2003
By Aaron Gifford
Staff writer

A Lenox man was arrested on drug charges Tuesday after state police said they seized more than $100,000 worth of anabolic steroids from his home.

Joseph "Ty" Tornatore, 27, of 3186 Seneca Ave., was charged with 22 counts of fifth-degree possession of a controlled substance, a felony, troopers said. He was also cited on misdemeanor charges of possessing hypodermic needles and fourth-degree criminal possession of a weapon.

Police said Tornatore imported the drugs from China and northern Europe and resold them at an enormous profit at various health clubs. He did business in Oneida County, mainly the New Hartford area, "and possibly in Syracuse," Trooper Eric Jones said.

Police executed a search warrant at Tornatore's home and at 918 Mary St. in Utica after a three-month investigation.

They seized more than 11,000 doses of steroids, 400 hypodermic needles for injecting them, more than $15,000 in cash, and a folding dagger that was in Tornatore's car, troopers said.

Many of the drugs seized are commonly used by veterinarians to treat animal illnesses, especially horse diseases. The types of steroids seized include methandrostenolone, stanozolol and anastrozole, troopers said.

Tornatore is a bodybuilder, Jones said.

Tornatore was arraigned in Utica City Court and sent to the Oneida County jail before being released on $3,000 cash bail just after 5 p.m., Undersheriff M. Peter Paravati said.

Reached at his home Tuesday, Tornatore declined to comment on the charges against him.

He did say that he used to work out in gyms throughout Madison and Oneida counties, and trained for bodybuilding contests but never competed.

The investigation is continuing, police said.

mark mcgwire said:
He was also cited on misdemeanor charges of possessing hypodermic needles and fourth-degree criminal possession of a weapon.

The types of steroids seized include methandrostenolone, stanozolol and anastrozole, troopers said.
"WEAPON" - yea, right!?!?!

and that EXTREMELY STRONG "STEROID" called anastrozole - F.U.!!! :rolleyes:

xcel

anastrozole

not even a steroid..what a bunch of tools.

I hate hearing about bust DEA needs to get out of NY.

Just goes to show you that the DEA needs to do a search before they ask or say something stupid...

"Police said Tornatore imported the drugs from China and northern Europe :"

Chinese ?

We hear about all these guys getting busted yet we never hear of how they got busted?? I am curious to know how the feds found out about the gear being in his house?? Did they arrest somebody he dealt with and then the person arrested ratted him out. They said it was a 3 month investigation?? You never hear how they were busted only how much the were busted with???

Maverick

exactly .........how do they get busted ... who rats them i dont understand ...

also hypodermic needles are illegal what ??????????

Im dying to know what amount equaled this supposed $100k amount. You know damn well the actual value before the FEDs exageration was probably 10K at the most.

|--[\\\\]>--------- well, it said he was importing from china, and right now customs is on high alert. That is how they got me, it was through customs, and that was more than 7 years ago...b4 all this 9-11 shit, so it's pretty much safe to say they got it at customs and set up a controlled delivery. Seems as though this time of year is when majority of busts occur.

Re: Reply

bigbadasian said:
|--[\\\\]>--------- That is how they got me, it was through customs, and that was more than 7 years ago...b4 all this 9-11 shit, so it's pretty much safe to say they got it at customs and set up a controlled delivery.

Just curious - did you have it delivered to your house/apartment? Wouldn't it be much harder for them to make a controlled delivery if it was being sent to a PO Box? It would seem like they'd have to nail you when you pick it up from the psuedo-clerk (Fed in disquise) or after you get into your car with it?!?

xcel

Re: Re: Reply

xcelbeyond said:

Just curious - did you have it delivered to your house/apartment? Wouldn't it be much harder for them to make a controlled delivery if it was being sent to a PO Box? It would seem like they'd have to nail you when you pick it up from the psuedo-clerk (Fed in disquise) or after you get into your car with it?!?

xcel

oh they will swarm on you as soon as you walk out of the post office carrying it....i dont think you would even get to the car...

at least with the house or apt, i can see whats outside(2 blue suburbans parked 2houses away is a bad sign) and see if my regular mailguy or some stranger is delivering the pack and know how to get the fuck out if i feel the impulse to run out the back.

with the po box i cant see everything, dont know the guys behind the counter and feel as though i would not see it coming like i would for a home delivery.

the one time i did get popped but not arrested was in my car with some GH kits and cash...going to the PO, to send out some sero kits... they basically barricaded my block once i left my driveway...but then again they were under the mis-informed opinion i was actually going to the PO to mail, XTC, painkillers and juice, not GH, which was my only product at the time.

Last edited:
can t u go to the po after close? Most allow you to access a key pad to get in. Examine the packs, if they've been tampered with, leave w/ out them.

Generally, the package is too large, even though I have a large PO box. And, they always seem to leave a note even though it will fit in the box!!

I go to a VERY small PO that has the Postmaster, 1 full-time employee and one part-time employee. If it's not one of them behind the counter, I'd just come back another day. I can see at least three blocks down from any direction where this PO is located and the parking lot is only big enough for 5 cars!

xcel

The chinese stuff could be powder. Maybe even GH or some unpopular chinese injectables (yes they have it ;) )

As for controlled delivery, there are 2 reasons (IMO) why it happened:

1) Your source fucks the packaging up and they decide to set you up.

2) Someone rats on you and they decide to set you up.

Of course you know they're lazy fuckers sometimes and won't even bat an eyelid for a huge order. Depends on their mood I guess.

HEY GERM?????

just wondering you were saying that you got popped but not arrested for the gh kits ... just wondering kits are illegal ...

but thats great i t worked out for yah....!!!

I think in this case since he was selling it through the gym word may have spread and got to the wrong people who ratted. They probably were waiting for him to get a big delivery. It seems to me like its stupid to sell through a gym bc u r waiting to be busted. Id rather have my source who is completely anonymous to me besides the email address

I live in the CNY area ,just an hour from the bust site.You never know what is up till it hits the courts and this guy starts to really admit how much was there.There are a few of us who try to "help" friends out and now we are alla little worried about things around the area.

Does this kind of thing cheer the DEA on to find more guys or will this settle things down for a while???

You would think that after all this time The law would be different on how they deal with this kind of supplement.In with cocaine, heroion , meth and pot..GET REAL !!! Women can get anything done to look good for us men,but men who make the rules don't want the comptition of good looking guy's who don't have a shit load of money to impress women with so all we got is looks and builds to work with...That is OUR double standard .........

What can we do too protect ourselves ,all most of are doing is helping ourselves and some friends out??Any ideas....??

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear