over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Another first time contest question

Beaver24

Registered
I am 5 weeks out Saturday from a local novice show. Currently 6.5 bf down from 13.5 8 weeks ago.

My mind is playing serious tricks on me I am not happy started nickle and diming my diet with extra here and there. I have been told just go eat your favorite food Saturday then lock it down. Well my favorite is putting down a large pep pizza. If I don't have a cheat I think I will crash out but I wonder will this one cheat replenish my mind and let me hammer it back down like the first 6 weeks of my diet again?

Thank you for helping and a big shout to all the competitors it is so mentally challenging I just can not believe it.

i just did my first novice show and i would not eat the cheat meal. I had two small cheat meals during my prep and it messed up my training for two days. one was hot wings, bloated me out so bad i felt like shit for 3 days this was 8 weeks out and the other was a tri tip sandwich which was 6 weeks out and i got a migrain and took me two days out of training.

The best thing to do is if your craving some thing BAD! just suck it up. As bad as that sounds you have been busting your ass hard to get where you are the last thing you want to do is have a set back. It is not worth it. There wil be plenty of chances to eat what you want after the show. When I do it over again my cheat meals will be some thing light. Just like two cookies or a pop tart.

Keep your diet steddy and dont dont change things around or its going to fuck you over the week out and make that week even harder.

I know what you are going through...but don't give in to it. There were a few times that my body felt like it was going to rebel if I didn't cheat. I found a few nuts did the trick...but even that was a rare allowance.

I never cheated during my first prep, and came in looking stringy. Your cheats should be built into your prep plan. If you didn't, then work your plan, and learn from it.

My coach always has me cheat once on Saturday for my last meal until 3 weeks out. Works like a charm to shock my metabolism and keep me sane. I sweat like a bitch though all sat night til I wake up! Usually it's 2-3 burgers, fries, cupcakes, cookies and a large pizza. I don't stop til I'm at the verge of puking!

Last edited:
My coach always has me cheat once on Saturday for my last meal until 3 weeks out. Works like a charm to shock my metabolism and keep me sane. I sweat like a bitch though all sat night til I wake up! Usually it's 2-3 burgers, fries, cupcakes, cookies and a large pizza. I don't stop til I'm at the verge of puking!

that's how you do it...all this "macho" (read stupid) just push through it bullshit....you brain controls your body, you will probably fail. I know I did my first couple preps....tried to push far too long with no cheats...and instead of having a cheat meal, I ended up binging and failing the prep. People that don't have cheat meals, well I think it's idiotic.

Going through the same thing. You may need re-feeds, but probably not a cheat. Really just depends on your progress and metabolism though. I've been dieting for 17 weeks and I've had a cheat meal every week, and they have been HUGE DIRTY cheats. Only recently did I switch to planned refeeds. But I have a fast metabolism and this works for me.

You can't say never cheat during prep. It all depends. Some can, some can't, some need to, others will fuck themselves up if they do. It varies on so many factors.

I cheated ate a whole pizza haven't ate another thing all day. Mentally the next time I see pizza will be too soon! So that is nice for a mental break.

A really good reset for me to lock it down. I appreciate the feedback being first comp just don't know what to expect but I knew the nickel and diming I was doing was gonna kill me. I also did 3 hours of cardio in the last 24 hours half before half after. I rather not cheat again then go through that lol.

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
GFly
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws