over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Another hematocrit/hemoglobin thread

I took a baby aspirin for 10 years, about 6 months ago my dr told me stop taking it because they have done studies and benefits are not great. Those were not his exact words but he told me to stop taking it
I'd still be on it but I had a bad bleed in my intestines, so doc thought wed drop it. I'm still on coumadin. So I was on both coumadin and aspirin for nearly 12 years. I'm a different case though with my disorder.

After watching the presentation on hematocrit with Dr. Rouzier around 2 years ago I believe I stopped donating all the time and just let it ride out. Since than my hematocrit has never been over 52-53 no matter what I'm taking, seems to have just levelled off and my BP is always perfect.

Aspirin should have no effect on red blood cells. So my level drops by 1 hemoglobin, which would be about 3% for hematocrit. 3 pts on that.

19 hemoglobin is getting up there, dont let it get much higher. I think most blood banks won't take it if you hit 20, or maybe even less. I got turned down when I used to try.

thank you brother! 20 is the cut off for them. I agree my hemoglobin is way to high, I don’t like that at all. I gave blood last week and will do 150mg test each week. I was running 800 test, 450 deca, 450 EQ, 50mg anadrol. I wonder why my hemoglobin was high:oops:(joking)

thank you brother! 20 is the cut off for them. I agree my hemoglobin is way to high, I don’t like that at all. I gave blood last week and will do 150mg test each week. I was running 800 test, 450 deca, 450 EQ, 50mg anadrol. I wonder why my hemoglobin was high:oops:(joking)
Yeah, anadrol has anemia as one of its indicated uses in the PDR. So it must really crank it up. Might want to avoid that in future, or maybe try to half the dose each day if you have tabs ( snap in half).

When I was cruising on about 250 mg/week test my hemoglobin never seemed to go down at all. In fact it kept slowly increasing. So it just slowed it down. 150 mg/week might work for you. I'd aim for a normal test level of no more than 800 if I were you. Normal physiological levels. For me that's 100 mg/wk but I get mine from my health insurance/pharmacy. Potency can vary for other sources. Blood test time.

So you could do your blasts, and then fall back to TRT test levels to get things back in order. In my experience, even just 250 mg/week test made my H&H rise slowly. I was using chinese powder then too, so not sure of its purity.

I'm taking IP6 and recently also started low dose Enalapril (5mg) on the back of one of Dantes IG posts.

Have taken baby aspirin for a long time also to reduce clot risk.

Interested to see what my HCT and RBC is at when I next get bloods as I always run well out of range on cycle.

Yeah, anadrol has anemia as one of its indicated uses in the PDR. So it must really crank it up. Might want to avoid that in future, or maybe try to half the dose each day if you have tabs ( snap in half).

When I was cruising on about 250 mg/week test my hemoglobin never seemed to go down at all. In fact it kept slowly increasing. So it just slowed it down. 150 mg/week might work for you. I'd aim for a normal test level of no more than 800 if I were you. Normal physiological levels. For me that's 100 mg/wk but I get mine from my health insurance/pharmacy. Potency can vary for other sources. Blood test time.

thank you brother. I never had a problem with test only, I agree the drol raised it fast, deca and eq didn’t help. I will go with 150 test and see in 3 months. My days are over messing around, sucks getting older lol

I've never had h/h issues, thankfully. I do use a baby aspirin EOD (not for bringing down, but as a thinner, and other health benefits). Some of the recent research shows it may not be of much benefit, but it's so cheap, and I've used for so long w/out any issues, I just continue taking it. As research continues to support or conflict, i'll decide at that point. It also has health benefits on the colon, etc. But yea, if you have ulcers and other GI issues, it may not be ideal to take it.

I just found a cbc test I had completed 3/28/2006, while on 50-100mg/d of Anadrol + 200mg/d of Test Prop...not sure how long I was on at this point, but it was completed at the clinic I was working at that day...I was 30 at the time.

Hct: 47.2%
Hgb: 14.8 g/dl
RBC: 5.23 x 10*6/cumm

Clearly age has something to do with it rising right? I will be 42 soon and never had any issues. All the guys I see having issues seem to be in there late 30’s, 40’s and 50’s. Thoughts on this?

Whole blood viscosity. Get that lab pulled.

Clearly age has something to do with it rising right? I will be 42 soon and never had any issues. All the guys I see having issues seem to be in there late 30’s, 40’s and 50’s. Thoughts on this?
Seemed that way with me, but in my late 30s when it started I was using higher doses and had started cruising whereas before I would cycle and then do a PCT/get off the gear.

Mine improved most when I got and started using my BIPAP machine for sleep apnea. Another thing that helped was using an albuterol inhaler (prescribed to me to help lower hemoglobin) a few times a day with some heavy breathing and drinking more than enough fluids to stay hydrated. My numbers never changed more than a point no matter what dose... donating blood lowers it a little for me temporarily. There is some literature out there saying it's not as dangerous as once thought, considering people that live at very high elevation have higher than in range numbers due to lower oxygen levels and they aren't dropping dead from cardiovascular events... This stuff can get so complicated and confusing with so many other possible contributing variables. Better safe than sorry though...

so an enhaler with albuterol actually helps lower hemoglobin? i had a hematologist tell me IF my hemoglobin stays low he doesnt see any iffue if my hematocrit is 55 while on trt....

i do have sleep apnea just need to find a bipap i can buy and get readjusted to my liking as my auto cpap blows...i snore now, and i am skinny fat, and even snore more now on my side and stomach, it is slowly getting worse....

so an enhaler with albuterol actually helps lower hemoglobin? i had a hematologist tell me IF my hemoglobin stays low he doesnt see any iffue if my hematocrit is 55 while on trt....

i do have sleep apnea just need to find a bipap i can buy and get readjusted to my liking as my auto cpap blows...i snore now, and i am skinny fat, and even snore more now on my side and stomach, it is slowly getting worse....
If your body is hypoxic long enough during the day then your body could start to produce more red blood cells to compensate, think of those that live at high altitude. So sleep apnea is going to affect that I would think, as well as having bad asthma. The only way to know if you are hypoxic really is to have your oxygen level measured. At the hospital they put the little clamp on your finger and that measures it somehow. It gives a saturation %. Even when I have had bad bronchitis my level is always normal. I think the sleep apnea and or asthma would have to be pretty bad.

If your body is hypoxic long enough during the day then your body could start to produce more red blood cells to compensate, think of those that live at high altitude. So sleep apnea is going to affect that I would think, as well as having bad asthma. The only way to know if you are hypoxic really is to have your oxygen level measured. At the hospital they put the little clamp on your finger and that measures it somehow. It gives a saturation %. Even when I have had bad bronchitis my level is always normal. I think the sleep apnea and or asthma would have to be pretty bad.

o2 levels are always normal, lived in high altitudes for 20+ yrs then shipped out, have only been living around 4000 ft as of 10 yrs ago...much lower than when i was younger, never had issues then...but now im old, so... dont have asthma...

Correct. I do not have asthma but my sleep apnea was bad enough that my O2 levels were down to 94-95% BIPAP + the inhaler in my case improved my O2, hemoglobin, and hematocrit numbers... O2 now is 99% The body attempts to adapt and compensate to survive just not always at optimal levels and or for long duration...

Maldorf is so smart, love your posts bro!

Jesus that's nothing , almost pointless to do it and there is no better way to lower it than that right

its beyond pointless, especially since there really isn’t any hard evidence that H/H being high from androgens is even harmful in the absence of high platelets, fibrinogen,clotting factors, etc.

that being said, if hematocrit hits 60, it’s probably best to donate just in case. However, removing the root cause is the only real way to get it down. In my case, I’m extremely prone to high H/H from TRT but I also use iron supplements. I don’t even have sleep apnea, which is a common risk factor.

Want to know why I’ve had to use iron supplements? Because I listened to horrible advice saying that I needed to always donate blood, which completely depleted my iron stores, causing far greater problems. Oh by the way, it also lowers other nutrients in the body like copper. Not just iron.

If only I knew the stuff I know now ten years ago.

its beyond pointless, especially since there really isn’t any hard evidence that H/H being high from androgens is even harmful in the absence of high platelets, fibrinogen,clotting factors, etc.

that being said, if hematocrit hits 60, it’s probably best to donate just in case. However, removing the root cause is the only real way to get it down. In my case, I’m extremely prone to high H/H from TRT but I also use iron supplements. I don’t even have sleep apnea, which is a common risk factor.

Want to know why I’ve had to use iron supplements? Because I listened to horrible advice saying that I needed to always donate blood, which completely depleted my iron stores, causing far greater problems. Oh by the way, it also lowers other nutrients in the body like copper. Not just iron.

Exact reason I quit donating blood. Took all of one year donating double reds to become iron deficient. Took about another year of finding an iron dose that didnt push hematocrit too high but raised iron enough that I could keep donating but improve my ferritin levels. I havent donated for a couple years now but I'll be honest I dont keep up with blood work enough anymore and dont know where my hematocrit is at.

Very interesting stuff , ya I thought it would drop 10 maybe 15 points you know ,ya that sucks about having to use the iron supplements also bro , sometimes we get bad advice , it could even come from doctors so who knows

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member
  • LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Atomgear
NapsGear