over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

another hernia thread....

myosaurus

Registered
see that little bump on my upper ab? had a very small amount developed years ago but never advanced. recently did heavy BB row and deads wearing belt tight and noticed my upper abs were very sore and that little bump doubled in size. will I need surgery? trying to get my doc to take a look get surgery appt. btw, what kind of hernia is this? one pic is with abs flexed and one relaxed.

Attachments

• 20150809_133157.jpg
    20150809_133157.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 309
  • 20150809_133309.jpg
    20150809_133309.jpg
    115.5 KB · Views: 306
If the muscle split open and that is intestines coming through, then yes, you will want to get surgery. Unfortunately, it never heals on its own. The surgeon will go in and sow the muscle back shut.
I have something similar in the middle of my abs buts it's just a fat deposit. If you notice yours grew while training then most likely the muscle that holds in the intestines tore a little. You'll be glad you got it fixed. It's not a rough surgery. I had 4 hernias fixed, the umbilical and 3 small ones around it. It feels much better after you fix it.

thanks little Slice and JohnJuanb1. guess it's time to get rid of that alien once and for all.

I had a similar hernia right above my belly button, called an umbilical hernia. I also had 2 inguinal, in my groin, on the left side. I had all 3 repaired in one operation. Have the doc look you over really close and make sure you don't have any more hernias because while you are down under anesthesia it is nice to get everything fixed in one trip.

If you do not get it fixed it will grow bigger over the years. I let my umbilical hernia grow and finally got it done when I suffered the inguinal hernias because those actually caused me pain. I think I waited about 15 years or more before I repaired it and it grew from the size of a pea to about the size of a grape.

What is causing the bulge is a tear in the muscle, happens there where the fibers attach to each other with connective tissue, and the peritoneal lining inside your body cavity is poking out. If you let a hernia get too big the peritoneum can get stuck poking out and that will cut off the blood supply and cause death of that tissue, bad thing. This is called a strangulated hernia. Along with that peritoneum can also come the intestine which can get strangulated.

Last edited:
Im going through it right now myo. Its been a week since the surgery a long f ing week.Any discomfort is gone and I have walking at the gym for the past 4 days. Used the pain pills for 2 days and stopped those. Kratom has helped a lot with the discomfort. The worst part is that it takes awhile to heal. I am worried I am going to lose all the hard earned muscle I have achieved over the last few years. I have been eating very clean though and doing a lot of reading on diet and training so that I can come back even better than before. That has helped more than anything keeping my mind in a positive frame of mind.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Pdx236
NapsGear