over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

ANOTHER Insulin Question

XstarchildX

Banned
Well, guys. I'm going to add a bit of low dose insulin and give it another shot here soon. I just want to make sure I do as much research as possible and get as much feedback as possible from experienced users.

I'm going to use it simply as a metabolic/nutrient shuttling aid during my TRT/cruise time. I am going to follow Ameen's protocol in using 2iu's with a couple meals each day, probably only on training days (carbs are higher on those days).

I want to experiment with taking a 2iu shot right before breakfast. I will eat breakfast right after that, but I usually don't eat lunch until another 4 hours later. If I use humulin R, would this suffice? My first meal is typically around 60/80/15 - protein/carbs/fats (in grams). This holds me over nicely until lunch time, but with added 2iu of slin, I could experience a bit of hypoglycemia. Taking tabs with me or quick carbs isn't an issue, I can just slam it whenever. I won't be able to take BGS reading at work, but I can at home, etc.

Thoughts, recommendations?

Last edited:
Well, guys. I'm going to add a bit of low dose insulin and give it another shot here soon. I just want to make sure I do as much research as possible and get as much feedback as possible from experienced users.

I'm going to use it simply as a metabolic/nutrient shuttling aid during my TRT/cruise time. I am going to follow Ameen's protocol in using 2iu's with a couple meals each day, probably only on training days (carbs are higher on those days).

I want to experiment with taking a 2iu shot right before breakfast. I will eat breakfast right after that, but I usually don't eat lunch until another 4 hours later. If I use humulin R, would this suffice? My first meal is typically around 60/80/15 - protein/carbs/fats (in grams). This holds me over nicely until lunch time, but with added 2iu of slin, I could experience a bit of hypoglycemia. Taking tabs with me or quick carbs isn't an issue, I can just slam it whenever. I won't be able to take BGS reading at work, but I can at home, etc.

Thoughts, recommendations?
You should be fine depending on how insulin sensative you are. I would definately keep some sugary snack in your pocket just in case you need it. I always have a pack of skittles on me when using insulin in case I have a problem. I've never needed to eat the skittles lol

You should be fine depending on how insulin sensative you are. I would definately keep some sugary snack in your pocket just in case you need it. I always have a pack of skittles on me when using insulin in case I have a problem. I've never needed to eat the skittles lol
Good call. I can be quite insulin sensitive, especially if I'm running tren. I am fairly lean and soak up carbs pretty quickly. I know peak week we had to front load with 700grams when I was a 160lb natural lol. So, yeah I'll definitely keep quick carbs handy! Thanks.

#1) nobody that is doing ANYTHING with insulin should be without some glucose tabs on hand.

That said 2iu humulin-R is not enough to make you hypo Especially if you are eating a meal with any carbs. Many people take 2-3 iu fasted in the am then every 4 hrs to ou themselves into ketosis.

Ya 2iu is pretty low. no risk of going hypo on that with r if youre eating immediately after

#1) nobody that is doing ANYTHING with insulin should be without some glucose tabs on hand.

That said 2iu humulin-R is not enough to make you hypo Especially if you are eating a meal with any carbs. Many people take 2-3 iu fasted in the am then every 4 hrs to ou themselves into ketosis.

Ya 2iu is pretty low. no risk of going hypo on that with r if youre eating immediately after
Awesome. Thanks, guys! I'll grab some glucose tabs from Wally world. They're delicious! Lol

I used to use 2iu novolin r while on keto to activate the injectable l-carnitine....never once went hypo even with zero carbs.....maybe gluconeogenesis compensated for the lack of carbs I dont know but you'll be fine

I used to use 2iu novolin r while on keto to activate the injectable l-carnitine....never once went hypo even with zero carbs.....maybe gluconeogenesis compensated for the lack of carbs I dont know but you'll be fine

What were your results from that if you don't mind me asking what

What were your results from that if you don't mind me asking what

The l-carnitine burned the fat off like crazy....I noticed I would sweat more during cardio or workout. I usually did 2cc's carnitine with the 2iu novolin before morning fasted cardio....to be honest I had 250mg dnp in there also at the time but I never went hypo....which I was scared of when i first thought of trying it. I burned a shit ton of fat off really quick but I felt like shit....not sure why, JM talks about using your cards when you have to....I threw all my cards at once if you know what I mean? Felt like shit the whole time although I looked pretty good

2iu especially R isn't going to make you go hypo. I don't care how sensitive you are.

Shit, If you're on gh itll probably put your fasted glucose back into normal range.

Synthetek inject carnnite works well. I did 3cc with 2iu Humalog w/ fasted cardio and you definitely poor sweat. If you have extra cash to blow id grab it. I don't think its necessary and DNP works better but you also don't feel like a bag of shit so theres that.

Ive run 2iu with meals years ago as anti aging/anti diabetic measure with GH. works good
Am going to start doing it again, I feel better using a little slin with meals especially with GH which I use year round.

Ive run 2iu with meals years ago as anti aging/anti diabetic measure with GH. works good
Am going to start doing it again, I feel better using a little slin with meals especially with GH which I use year round.
Looks like I'll be stopping at Walmart soon :D

LOL yeah me too. whats the price on the Humilin R there ?

Totally agree with what everyone is saying on this thread—but if I were to use Insulin R, I'd take the show 30mins to an hour before.

If using log, literally premeal OR immediately after you're done eating.
If R, an hour or so before that meal.

Even though it's only 2iu's, the peak with log is more scheduled...you KNOW when its going to happen. R is all over the place, 3hrs in...5hrs in. You want to know that you are shuttling nutrients at those moments. Especially if you eat a breakfast meal then NOT eat for 4 hours, I'd stick with log.

Have you considered adding some GHRP-2 into your mix??

I know two guys that were struggling with getting their meals in , they added just 50 mcg. GHRP-2 10 min before each meal and said instantly they thought it was easier to get all meals in during the day

Have you considered adding some GHRP-2 into your mix??

I know two guys that were struggling with getting their meals in , they added just 50 mcg. GHRP-2 10 min before each meal and said instantly they thought it was easier to get all meals in during the day

50mcg with each meal, that is, 6-7 times daily?

Would you recommend GHRP-2 over GHRP-6 for any particular reason? I have always found the 6 version to be much better for appetite.

LOL yeah me too. whats the price on the Humilin R there ?

Don't buy humilin....buy novolin r from walmart. its a generic made for them and it is 24.99. If you want log....check craigslist. plenty of diabetics sell their insulin on there

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
bg15351
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131