over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

another metformin thread

prbaflexed

Newbies
from what i have read after searching this here this seems like a must for a precontest diet. if keeps your insulin levels in check then that would be very useful while dieting. am i mistakin?

i also saw elsewhere that this was also used as a appetite suppresent(sp?) thats what got me to research it. is there any truth to that?

1. During mass gain phases utilizing exogenous insulin, 500-850 MG 1-2 times daily of Glucophage increased the effective value of insulin. This was due to an elevation in receptor-site number and sensitivity. Glucophage also decreased the amount of insulin needed for maximum results.

2. During pancreatic regeneration or protocols that included Glipizide, Glyburide, or other pancreatic/insulin stimulation, Glucophage increased the effectiveness and amplified results. 500 MG 2 times daily was the common Glucophage dosage for this purpose.

3. During diet phases, bodybuilders have utilized Glucophage as a means of decreasing glucose production by the liver and glucose absorbtion by the intestines. This in itself decreases insulin secretion by the pancreas and increases the body’s dependance upon fat stores for energy requirements. This was employed especially so during GH and PGF-2 use, and was synergistic with anabolic/androgenic steroids. Since cell insulin receptor-sites are more sensitive and since there is an existing cross-over stimulation between IGF-1 and Insulin (and their opposing receptor-sites) lean mass retention was notably increased. This effect helped decrease the negative effects dieting has upon IGF-1 production endogenously.

*Since less IGF-1 is produced during diet phases, less lean mass is normaly retained. If cell receptor-sites are more plentiful and sensitive, less IGF-1 is required for stimulation. 500MG daily of Glucophage was usually considered effective for this.

Glucophage was talem with meals and never less than 6 hours before sleeping. Individuals with kidney problems did not take Glucophage and most athletes were aware of the fact that in some cases stacking with oral 17-alfa-alkylated drugs could induce even greated liver damage.

thanks 101 great info.

so i will be taking 500mgs ed during my precontest diet, my ? is when would be the best time to take it? my carb total for the day will be 286 grams. my 1st meal will have 76 grams of carbs then i workout and my next meal will have 95 grams of carbs. then 3 meals w/ 30 - 40 grams of carbs then 2 meals w/out any carbs.

from what i read yesterday i believe taking it after my workout wouldn't be preferred. so should i take it w/ my 1st meal? or split the tab and take 1/2 w/ meal one and 1/2 w/ one of the meals w/ 30-40 grams of carbs?

i hope i'm not making this more complicated then it is.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Spinaltap88
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131