over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Another Sleep Apnea Thread

grizzly978

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
How did you find out you have sleep apnea? What made you get a sleep study done?

For example, I'm tired all day and my fiancé complained enough about my snoring and choking while asleep that I'm getting a sleep study done.

Just looking to see what made everyone get to the point that they had a sleep study done

How did you find out you have sleep apnea? What made you get a sleep study done?

For example, I'm tired all day and my fiancé complained enough about my snoring and choking while asleep that I'm getting a sleep study done.

Just looking to see what made everyone get to the point that they had a sleep study done

Constant fatigue, napping 3-4 times throughout the day but never feeling rested, snoring, list goes on. Final straw was falling asleep driving and coming close to wrecking

For me it was fatigue and always wanting to nap. Also my wife telling me I had apnea and snored all the time.

The kicker was when I had a colonoscopy last spring and the first thing the doc told my when I came to was, "You need to get a sleep study right away, you have horrible sleep apnea".

I did the study and was smack dab in the middle of moderate. The CPAP has made a world of difference. One of those things where you don't realize how bad something is until you alleviate the problem.

Feeling drowsy by 9am. Waking up in a lousy mood. Snoring. Feeling like I slept better on my side than on my back (leading me to believe there was something wrong with my airway).

Fatigue, tired constantly, couldn’t concentrate, depressed. I ignored all these symptoms until my short term memory got messed up. I started forgetting stuff and that scared me a lot. At one point I had no idea where I parked or how I got there..
Test revealed I stop breathing 36 times an hour.
After 2 days using Cpap for the first time, I felt amazing. 3 years later I can’t sleep without the machine. It saved my life.

4 years ago:
for me, it was the snoring. my wife recorded me and i sounded like i was dying, literally, and often she'd have to wake me to get me breathing again. waking myself up snoring, tired as hell, ALL the time.

diagnosis after sleep study:
severe obstructive/central sleep apnea - prescribed CPAP, on it for a year, hated it.
ended up getting deviated septum/turbinates straightened out (surgery).
still using CPAP (sometimes). some nights good, some bad. years later, snoring w/ the CPAP ON as well.

another sleep study:
determined that i need a BIPAP. this machine is awesome. basically, a CPAP gives constant pressure when you are inhaling or exhaling. since my neck has gotten bigger, this no longer worked for me.
BIPAP is great :) going to ENT today as a matter of fact to check in b/c i've been using it for one month. it has mitigated my obstructive (where my throat closes up) but i still have several instances of 'central' apnea (where your brain 'forgets' to fucking tell your lungs to breathe) and they are going to tell me what's next.

i KNOW they're gonna push for surgery (remove tonsils, shave soft palate down, painful as fuck recovery) so we'll see.

although it sucks, it's not as bad as it seems and let me tell you, brother a good night's sleep is SO underestimated. i just started Gh as well, and the sleep w/ that coupled w/ the BIPAP has been a game-changer for me. literally, the best sleep i've had in years.
- better mood
- more energy
- more patient
- able to focus better
- all kinds of shit

sorry so long of a post, but i wanted to give you a detailed description of what you may be looking at :)

Would sleep what I would think was 6-8 hrs and function like I was on 2-3. Always lethargic, groggy, and overall felt like shit.

Did sleep testing, etc and ended up with a deviated septum surgery. I've had many surgeries, but by far the worst recovery from this one. For 3 days it feels like someone is stepping on the bridge of your nose and there's constant pressure in your head. Nausea and the taste of blood dripping down your throat is ongoing, and you have to sleep pretty much sitting up.

BUT best thing I've done. I can sleep 4 hours now and feel like I've slept days.

Last edited:
sure sign is when you drift into partial sleep then feeling sudden gagging from jaw relaxing falling back and throat closing airway. waking up with bad headaches. never feeling fully rested after sleep. heart pounding like it's gonna explode upon waking. take your pick.

Snoring so bad that my dog wouldn't sleep in my room anymore was the point that I thought ok this is probably really bad. I didn't realize how fatigued I was before until I started sleeping with a cpap.

Fatigue, tired constantly, couldn’t concentrate, depressed. I ignored all these symptoms until my short term memory got messed up. I started forgetting stuff and that scared me a lot. At one point I had no idea where I parked or how I got there..
Test revealed I stop breathing 36 times an hour.
After 2 days using Cpap for the first time, I felt amazing. 3 years later I can’t sleep without the machine. It saved my life.

I have to follow up on mine and get a machine. I've just been putting it off.

I could wake myself up snoring on a hard surface. Wake up tired but felt better the longer I was awke. When I talked to a cardiovascular surgeon and he asked if my wife ever threatened to sleep in the other room. And I said she did on occasion. He balled up the paper with the rest of the questions and said I had apnea.And immediately ordered a sleep study.

4 years ago:
for me, it was the snoring. my wife recorded me and i sounded like i was dying, literally, and often she'd have to wake me to get me breathing again. waking myself up snoring, tired as hell, ALL the time.

diagnosis after sleep study:
severe obstructive/central sleep apnea - prescribed CPAP, on it for a year, hated it.
ended up getting deviated septum/turbinates straightened out (surgery).
still using CPAP (sometimes). some nights good, some bad. years later, snoring w/ the CPAP ON as well.

another sleep study:
determined that i need a BIPAP. this machine is awesome. basically, a CPAP gives constant pressure when you are inhaling or exhaling. since my neck has gotten bigger, this no longer worked for me.
BIPAP is great :) going to ENT today as a matter of fact to check in b/c i've been using it for one month. it has mitigated my obstructive (where my throat closes up) but i still have several instances of 'central' apnea (where your brain 'forgets' to fucking tell your lungs to breathe) and they are going to tell me what's next.

i KNOW they're gonna push for surgery (remove tonsils, shave soft palate down, painful as fuck recovery) so we'll see.

although it sucks, it's not as bad as it seems and let me tell you, brother a good night's sleep is SO underestimated. i just started Gh as well, and the sleep w/ that coupled w/ the BIPAP has been a game-changer for me. literally, the best sleep i've had in years.
- better mood
- more energy
- more patient
- able to focus better
- all kinds of shit

sorry so long of a post, but i wanted to give you a detailed description of what you may be looking at :)

The new CPAPs are a dream, they don't continuously blow, the pressure adjusts when you exhale and I have an autoset, that is set to maximum at 20 and it adjusts to what ever pressure I need whether it's 7 10 or 15 through out the night.
The surgery is painful and very hard to come back from, BUT if you continue to do GH the mass returns and the apnea comes abak just FYI, neck size bodyweight etc.

My family bugged me until I got a sleep study. CPAP has changed my life. I have more energy, i think more clearly, my breathing has improved, and my gym performance has improved. Another benefit...... we all like morning wood and a good time with the women in our lives..... well more oxygen while I sleep increased the frequency of that too. Good for the body, great for the relationship.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
12cc
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws