over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Another Valuable use for Bromelain

Massive G

Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
I wrote this on Mayhem so for those that don't go there here's the post.

Some time ago I saw a thread on here on allergy suferers and sinus congestion, bromelain seems to be a substance that can help bronchitis (it did mine read below) and also help allergy suffers to reduce inflammation.

Those that have read my posts from the last 2-3 years will know how highly I put bromelain on my supplement list. I didn't realize it had so many applications, and I first started using it 3 years a go after reading a post by a freind who is a pharm MD on the boards that he was using it on his girls inflammed ankle. So I searched on it and found it to have many applications and I have used it over the years for digestion, inflammation and most recently to knock a bad case of bronchitis out in less than a week.

Not suprisingly I got sick a few weeks ago with everything going on it was inevitable, plus everyone comes to work sick and my hand sanitizer only will go so far.
That Friday I woke up full of stuff and as the day progessed low grade fever and dry cough the rest of the day Saturday and Sunday cough and nose running like a faucet, and coughing up phlegm.

Mucinex be damned I remember reading on the mucolytic properies and anti-inflammatory effects (respiratory) with bromelain, so From Sunday night to Tuesday I popped 3-4 bromelain in between meals and the bronchitis was pretty much over.

Normally if I get bronchitis it will last 3 weeks no matter what I do.
I am convinced it was the bromelain's effects, that made the difference.

"Nasal and Sinus Congestion

Although not all experts agree, bromelain supplements may help suppress cough, reduce nasal mucus associated with sinusitis, and relieve the swelling and inflammation caused by hay fever. Bromelain is approved by the German Commission E for the treatment of sinus and nasal swelling following ear, nose, and throat surgery or trauma."

"Why Is Bromelain Good At Treating Bronchitis?

Bromelain is good at treating bronchitis because of its powerful anti-inflammatory and mucus thinning properties.

The mucus thinning properties of bromelain are good at reducing phlegm within the respiratory system, not only in bronchitis but in other respiratory conditions such as asthma and sinusitis. How Much Bromelain Should You Take For Treating Bronchitis?

To reduce the symptoms of your bronchitis and to help disperse phlegm in your chest, you can take a dose of between 250mg and 500mg three times per day of bromelain supplements."

"Infection

Some scientific evidence from test tubes and animals suggests that bromelain can fight against infectious agents such as viruses and bacteria. Therefore, bromelain may prove a useful addition to conventional treatment of bronchitis, pneumonia, and urinary tract infections. More research is needed."

http://www.umm.edu/altmed/articles/bromelain-000289.htm

Now I hadn't been sick in 2 years but Bronchitis wiped out my contest plans in 2003, 2004, 2005.
It would hit me smack dab in the Jan-Feb months and keep me down for 3-5 weeks, killing my prep for the late spring show.
Although my competitive days are over due to my knee, I was pleased to knock this shit out in less than a week.

Again Just a quick post to note for those that suffer from allergies and colds Bromelain should help alleviate some of the symptoms of the sinus and inflammation. If you are on anti-biotics it will enhance or intensify the effects of the anti-biotic as well so be careful.

I get mine from vitaminworld
http://www.vitaminworld.com/pages/fi...CID=&CPID=2178
Bromelain also thins the blood, so it is a good alternative for aspirin therapy.
I have found my tolerance levels is about 3-3500 GDU's per day so be careful with it, as when I got in the 4-5000 GDU range I had rapid heart beat which is a side efffect of too much.
Each brand will be dosed differently mg/GDU unit which indicates potency.

Awesome info Massive.
I'm printing and saving your information.

Hope you dont mind if I add something I found out that might also help you with the Bronchitus. I myself am asthmatic and am vulnerable to colds, broncial stuff, etc. The Life Extension foundation ran a study on why colds, flus, viruses, etc. seem to strike mostly in winter. They concluded that many people dont get as much vitamin D in the winter months as they do in the warmer months and went into an extensive explanation of how vitamin D is effective against these kinds of viruses. Naturally the article urged readers to use the Life Extension high potentcy D3 supplement. I was very skeptical but went ahead and got a bottle of 60 caps and used one cap per day, and I have to admit that I havent had any uppper respitory viruses since I've been taking the caps back in February. And believe me any bug that's going around I usually end up getting!

The URL for their site is:
http://www.lef.org

Anyhow, just throwing this out as an FYI.

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
commonplaceconsulting
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws