over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

ANSWER HONESTLY

im also coming to terms with the fact that my genetics wont allow me to put on the size of a pro. I started bodybuilding 5 years ago at 150lbs and now Im over 200lbs and leaner. I compete once a year, and I only compete to beat my last years showing. I compare pictures and I am still improving, I will to continue to bodybuild until I cant improve. To me that is the joy in bodybuilding, competeing with myself. I dont have to be mr. olympia I just have to a better me.

Ouch, I think this is a very good post.

You're surprised? You want honesty? Do you see what this sport attracts? The sport definitely has a strong base of perfectly well-adjusted folks that just love to lift weights, be big, be strong, and be healthy. Those are the normal guys and gals that we speak with everyday.

But unfortunately, along with those seemingly normal folks, you get a whole laundry list of freaks. People with extremely low self-esteem that think they'll be complete when they just get that next 10 lbs of muscle on their frame. You have psychotics who have drifted so far away from reality that they no longer have any idea of what a normal life even is. You know, like normal things like having a job and no hypodermic needles in the house and no GH and slin lining the fridge. Don't forget the gay factor. Obviously, gay guys like muscular dudes. You've seen the audiences, I don't need to go there. Plus you have almost circus-quality people that have abused synthol so badly that they just... well, you've seen it.

Now you want these some of these same people to think logically about their own genetic limitations? GOOD LUCK!

You are accurate. Very, Very, accurate.

In my opinion the description you have given above describes a disturbingly large percentage of the whole scene.

I already achieve my goals, I have God in my life, a beautiful wife, 2 children, 2 businesses, a house, a nice motorcycle, etc, etc, Oh, Bpdybuilding? You see what I am getting at? What is really important to you? I lift to turn back the hands of time, and to still be young, physically and mentally. I look at other 48 year olds, Yep, I achieve that goal too. BodyBuilding isn't just a trophy, I tend to think it is something a little more, part of a lifestyle that should flow into everything else. But, don't get me wrong, I have a competitor's heart.;)

nice words brother...your happiness is reflected in the fact that God is first in your list...all other things tend to come into place when that is the case, I know some disagree and that is fine not trying to start a discussion on it just reaching out to a good bro ... God bless

WE ALL KNOW THAT NO MATTER HOW HARD WE TRAIN THAT WE COULD NEVER LOOK LIKE WILT CHAMBERLAIN OR RUN AS FAST AS USAIN BOLT..........WHY ON EARTH DO THESE GUYS FEEL DISAPPOINTED IF THEY DON'T LOOK LIKE JAY CUTLER OR RONNIE COLEMAN? THINK ABOUT IT................GENETICS..................COMMON SENSE.

good point.

but i think that most of those who want to look like jay cutler/ ronnie coleman are willing to believe that using anabolics will allow them to get an edge on shitty genetics, whereas taking steroids will not make you a better basketball player.

there is no doubt you can build muscle using anabolic compounds, but your response to them may not be as great as those who you are trying to emulate.

BFU.

I keep hearing it`s all genetics.While this may be true,it takes a hell of a lot more than genetics to become a world class athlete.Most guys at the top right now have been training 2 decades or more.Who would have ever thought that the Ronnie Coleman that won the IFBB World Championships at 212 pounds after training many,many years since high school would have turned into an absolute monster a few years later.The reason i`m posting this is because it would be a shame for some young person to be reading this thread and give up after training for a couple years because he hasn`t turned into a monster yet.Bodybuild because you Love it and not for any other reason and let the chips fall where they may...you never know.

I keep hearing it`s all genetics.While this may be true,it takes a hell of a lot more than genetics to become a world class athlete.Most guys at the top right now have been training 2 decades or more.Who would have ever thought that the Ronnie Coleman that won the IFBB World Championships at 212 pounds after training many,many years since high school would have turned into an absolute monster a few years later.The reason i`m posting this is because it would be a shame for some young person to be reading this thread and give up after training for a couple years because he hasn`t turned into a monster yet.Bodybuild because you Love it and not for any other reason and let the chips fall where they may...you never know.

Nobody is telling anybody to stop this sport. What Phil is trying to tell us is not to risk your life, or create tunnelvision, for an illusion which you can never achieve......
If you can grasp the idea that you will never be Mr. O, or attend any contest for that matter (in my case) than you will be fine. :)

EXACTLY

Nobody is telling anybody to stop this sport. What Phil is trying to tell us is not to risk your life, or create tunnelvision, for an illusion which you can never achieve......
If you can grasp the idea that you will never be Mr. O, or attend any contest for that matter (in my case) than you will be fine. :)

IF THATS WHAT YOU WANT TO DO, KEEP BEATING YOUR HEAD AGAINST THE WALL AND MISS OUT ON LIFE FOR A PIPE DREAM.....GO FOR IT.

Ok, it takes more than genetics to become a champion. No argument there. But it is the most important tool in the chest and without genetics it is simply not possible.
I think if you take another look you will see what Phil is pointing out is that without the realization and honesty with yourself that you will not be the next Mr. O unless you have a specific genetic gift that very few posess, you are just spinning your wheels like a mouse in a cage who never gets anywhere.
His intention is not to make a young reader quit his dream of bodybuilding but rather to re-evaluate his goals if all he wants to be is the next Mr. O so that he will continue to pursue the sport but for all the right reasons and not all the wrong ones.

IF THATS WHAT YOU WANT TO DO, KEEP BEATING YOUR HEAD AGAINST THE WALL AND MISS OUT ON LIFE FOR A PIPE DREAM.....GO FOR IT.

What did you tell me awhile back that if all you want to do is train all day and eat then go to prison..........hahaha!:p

Well not in prison but still to close for comfort.........;) lol

What did you tell me awhile back that if all you want to do is train all day and eat then go to prison..........hahaha!:p

Well not in prison but still to close for comfort.........;) lol

you guys dont think with all these SARMS and new Master hormone break off type peptides we can break the genetic barrier???

we have come a long way since DIANABOL and METHYLTEST!!! !

oh cmon....

WE ALL KNOW THAT NO MATTER HOW HARD WE TRAIN THAT WE COULD NEVER LOOK LIKE WILT CHAMBERLAIN OR RUN AS FAST AS USAIN BOLT..........WHY ON EARTH DO THESE GUYS FEEL DISAPPOINTED IF THEY DON'T LOOK LIKE JAY CUTLER OR RONNIE COLEMAN? THINK ABOUT IT................GENETICS..................COMMON SENSE.

you know as well as anyone else its all about the secret drug and diet regiment.... cmon giv us the secret.. Im gonna look like jay cutler and run faster then usain bolt as soon as i get that secret out of all of you pros :p

goo

Don't forget though, there's a reverse to the coin. If you honestly feel you can do it. If you feel you can make a living at it and you are being honest with yourself. Than do it. I imagine every champion has had plenty of people telling them they CAN'T do it. But the champion believes in himself and keeps trying and eventually conquers all and achieves his dream.

What do you think of the slop I just wrote?

EXACTLY

Don't forget though, there's a reverse to the coin. If you honestly feel you can do it. If you feel you can make a living at it and you are being honest with yourself. Than do it. I imagine every champion has had plenty of people telling them they CAN'T do it. But the champion believes in himself and keeps trying and eventually conquers all and achieves his dream.

What do you think of the slop I just wrote?

AGREE !00%

HONESTLY?

When a guy is blessed with genuine "pro genes", it doesn't take him 3 years, much less 5, to attain an incredible physique... a few months of serious training/eating are usually enough to make a beast of him. If you've been training for several years and do not already display a huge muscle mass, do not fool yourself into thinking you'll put on tons of lbs from now on.

Lee Priest won the IFBB World Championships at 17 (before being disqualified but that's another topic)... :cool:

As for endorsments, you really have to have something special to get sponsors' attention, a LOOK... there are tons and tons of muscular guys around the world nobody has ever heard of. If you don't stand out forget about it bro...

Don't take it the wrong way, I'm just giving my honest .02, Steele.

so what if your an 18 year old and in three years your not trey brewer or centopani? does that mean give up on trying to get a pro card? no offense but thats kind of what i took from your statement

You can gain a lot of ripped mass no matter how your genetics are, but to try to become pro you have to go "an extra mile", if your structure is not good (yo will see it very early) it´s stupid trying to go that extra mile... it won´t work, a lot of hugue ripped guys can´t make it to the pros no matter how big they get, and the saddest thing is that only watching them you see that no matter how much mass they add, they won´t do it because they doesn´t have "it"

OK

so what if your an 18 year old and in three years your not trey brewer or centopani? does that mean give up on trying to get a pro card? no offense but thats kind of what i took from your statement

TELL ME WHAT HAVING A PRO CARD MEANS...........LETS DISCUSS THAT. IT IS WHAT SOME ARE STRIVING FOR CORRECT? TELL ME WHAT HAPPENS ONCE YOU HAVE THIS CARD.........HOW MUCH $ DO YOU GET?

its not like i think your life totally changes when you get a pro card (or win a big show). but its still an accomplishment. when i was a high school wrestler i would work my ass off to make weight, practice till my knees were raw and get my ears drained when they filled with puss. that didnt make me a world famous wrestler, hell even i forgot most of my matches, but i do know that working towards a goal like that (without sacrificing my personal life/relationships/school) made me a much better man than i would be if i hadn't

its not like i think your life totally changes when you get a pro card (or win a big show). but its still an accomplishment. when i was a high school wrestler i would work my ass off to make weight, practice till my knees were raw and get my ears drained when they filled with puss. that didnt make me a world famous wrestler, hell even i forgot most of my matches, but i do know that working towards a goal like that (without sacrificing my personal life/relationships/school) made me a much better man than i would be if i hadn't

yeah bro but as you get older you have bigger issues in life to contend with

TELL ME WHAT HAVING A PRO CARD MEANS...........LETS DISCUSS THAT. IT IS WHAT SOME ARE STRIVING FOR CORRECT? TELL ME WHAT HAPPENS ONCE YOU HAVE THIS CARD.........HOW MUCH $ DO YOU GET?

Maybe someone gets lots of clients to personal train,have his/her own gym,be looked up to and respected on the net for training advice,and even sell LBA`s !

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Deecrume
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws