over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

ANSWER HONESTLY

..........but i do know that working towards a goal like that (without sacrificing my personal life/relationships/school) made me a much better man than i would be if i hadn't

but that is just the point I and Phil and many others are trying to make. Bodybuilding is a wonderful sport and can be a real asset to your life. Hell i even hired Phil, not to win a contest or eventually be Mr. O. But to just improve myself and get back to my old level in a healthier way without AAS and feel much better about myself.
But i wouldnt risk my life/relationship/school for a plastic trophy or a pro card. In my younger years BB took over my life, and i would give anything to be a Pro. Glad i grew up. If i look at the guys in my gym who have a Pro card, or are trying to achieve one, i can only feel sorry for them. The only thing in their life is bodybuilding....They cant buy a house because they dont have a steady job, dealing AAS doesnt fall into that category :), they have to train instead of wanting to train. All they can talk about is BB.

At least i can say i have a degree in economics, have a good job, own a house and train for fun :). ok i may not look as good as them, but hey you cant have it all :D

working towards a goal like that (without sacrificing my personal life/relationships/school) made me a much better man than i would be if i hadn't

You can also add in "without sacrificing health, work, family, community". I agree with you. But I think the thread is aimed at people who ARE SACRIFICING those things, and are not necessarily improving as human beings due to their involvement in bbing.

OTH put it very well with his comment on trying to rationalize with psychotics and neurotics, which bbing seems to attract more than any other "sport".

"But unfortunately, along with those seemingly normal folks, you get a whole laundry list of freaks. .....You have psychotics who have drifted so far away from reality that they no longer have any idea of what a normal life even is.

Now you want these some of these same people to think logically about their own genetic limitations? GOOD LUCK!"

Last edited:
You can also add in "without sacrificing health, work, family, community". I agree with you. But I think the thread is aimed at people who ARE SACRIFICING those things, and are not necessarily improving as human beings due to their involvement in bbing.

OTH put it very well with his comment on trying to rationalize with psychotics and neurotics, which bbing seems to attract more than any other "sport".

"But unfortunately, along with those seemingly normal folks, you get a whole laundry list of freaks. .....You have psychotics who have drifted so far away from reality that they no longer have any idea of what a normal life even is.

Now you want these some of these same people to think logically about their own genetic limitations? GOOD LUCK!"

We have some very clever people on this board, and you're one of them, Dom. :)

As for chasing a pro card, if you don't belong to the 10/15 best guys in the world, chances are high the only way you'll make good money in this industry is by accepting to be a model for gay websites. Sorry to unveil a hard to swallow truth, in any case something that you don't read in Flex mag... :cool:

AN EXAMPLE

We have some very clever people on this board, and you're one of them, Dom. :)

As for chasing a pro card, if you don't belong to the 10/15 best guys in the world, chances are high the only way you'll make good money in this industry is by accepting to be a model for gay websites. Sorry to unveil a hard to swallow truth, in any case something that you don't read in Flex mag... :cool:

TAKE THE NFL......FOOTBALL...........TAKE THE TEAMS IN THE NFL AND YOU KNOW HOW HARD THAT WOULD BE TO MAKE IT IN THAT LEAGUE ON A TEAM..........NOW LETS TAKE THE ALL STARS......NOW THE STARTERS ON THE ALL STAR TEAM..........NOW THE MVPs OF THE ALL STAR GAME.........THATS RONIE AND JAY........THE STARTERS ARE ALL THE PROS IN THE TOP 30 AT THESE SHOWS............SEE HOW HARD IT IS JUST TO BE IN THE TOP 30, AND THESE GUYS PAST THE TOP 15 MAKE LITTLE TO NOTHING IN BODYBUILDING.

WE ALL KNOW THAT NO MATTER HOW HARD WE TRAIN THAT WE COULD NEVER LOOK LIKE WILT CHAMBERLAIN OR RUN AS FAST AS USAIN BOLT..........WHY ON EARTH DO THESE GUYS FEEL DISAPPOINTED IF THEY DON'T LOOK LIKE JAY CUTLER OR RONNIE COLEMAN? THINK ABOUT IT................GENETICS..................COMMON SENSE.

People don't see this in the same way. I was explaing this to my stepson. It's easy to see how tall you are, and overall size, as in a football player. But nobody is as big and freaky as a pro bodybuilder by accident, it comes from work, diet, drugs etc.

But you see all types of people like this, tall, short, different races, even women. People automatically think that if they take steroids they will look like that, a lot of the general population thinks that some pros are natural, that it just takes time, and about 90% think that if they are will to "take these deadly drugs, they will go straight to the top" even if they don't compete (they think that the competitons are all tested)

When I was in HS, very little was known about steroids and everything that was known was bullshit, my biology teacher, (what a moron!!) said that his roomate in college had to shoot steroids in his penis because he couldn't get veins in his arms anymore, and that they kill you in about 5 years.

A kid who wanted to get big for football once told me that he was depressed and wanted to kill himself anyway so he might as well take streroids and become an all state Defensive end. (too bad Simeon Rice went to school with us!) poor bastard didn't even make the team. That's genetics for you.

Almost everyone thinks that it's just the amount of time that one puts into training and eating, then you can get as big as you want, but the steroids just make it come faster.

OK, long post that's it,

DB

TELL ME WHAT HAVING A PRO CARD MEANS...........LETS DISCUSS THAT. IT IS WHAT SOME ARE STRIVING FOR CORRECT? TELL ME WHAT HAPPENS ONCE YOU HAVE THIS CARD.........HOW MUCH $ DO YOU GET?

The funny thing is, if your over 230lbs, you can tell %99 of people you have a pro card and they will believe you. at least in my small town area lol :(

It seems that the general public believes that bodybuilding is this sport that any average joe can do. Remember Bill Phillips? "Anyone can do this let's all hug each other body for life crap." Anyone can get in excellent shape through training but only a small percentage of humans have the genetics to be a pro or even just a good amateuer bodybuilder. You wil know very soon after you begin training if you have the genetics. Then there's the ones that delude themselves into believing that they can do it if they just get the right drugs. If you dont have the genetics, just get into superb shap and enjoy life. If you do this you will still be in better shape than most of the planet.

my thoughts..

If the only reason one is training is to get a IFBB pro card then I think it is the wrong reason... I dont train for a pro card, I train and suffer through dieting cuz I enjoy it. I love the drive it takes to get to that point, the amount of committment it takes to do a show. I love the competition not with others but with yourself and your body. I feel if one is suppose to win a pro card they will, but like Phil has stated, then what? Im doing nationals in about 8 weex and gonna bust my ass to get the best shape I can. It has been a goal of mine since I started. I wont win a pro card, and I may not ever get one, but I dont do it for that. I do it cuz it something I have passion for and something I drive for. It brings me contentment, and keeps me driven, grounded, directed, goal oriented, and a excuse to be a glutton and over weight :)
G

i know i dont have the genetics. never used to want to step on stage. i just like working out. now i want to step on stage once when i feel i am ready to say i did it. i think it would be kinda cool. i dunno i give alot of props to any one that will step on stage thats gotta take some discipline, and balls.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
astar
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131