over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Anti aging

I was my face (not with soap), and apply Retin-a, wait awhile and use vitamin C serum with either Emu oil or Maryland oil. That’s pretty much it. Sometimes I start off with the serum first.

I do think Emu oil is great for skin and retaining moisture. I can’t say if it will prevent wrinkles, but it’s loaded with antioxidants and healthy oils. I woulddef start with that since it’s cheap.

I've been reading about Retin-a on reddit. Did you go through a "purging" period when you started?

What’s the “purging” period? I’m sure you have read that I’m a retin-a user, and think it’s the best think out there to keeping your skin looking youthful along with proper sun protection.

What’s the “purging” period? I’m sure you have read that I’m a retin-a user, and think it’s the best think out there to keeping your skin looking youthful along with proper sun protection.

what % retin A have you started with and switched to later on, or has it been 1% all along?

Last edited:
I have always used .1%. I might have mentioned I started slowly and progressed to ED. I sometimes won't use it everyday sometimes to give my skin a break. My skin still peels at times, but not often.

You really have to find what works for you and start slowly.

I have always used .1%. I might have mentioned I started slowly and progressed to ED. I sometimes won't use it everyday sometimes to give my skin a break. My skin still peels at times, but not often.

You really have to find what works for you and start slowly.

just ordered some based on your recommendation, thanks.

in your experience, has the retin a helped at all with dark circles under the eyes (if in fact you have any)?

I try not to use it on the thin layer of skin under my eyes. I did have a dermatologist say I could, but never have. I have noticed that when being well hydrated the circles seem much less pronounced.

Interesting read on Resveratrol.

Resveratrol Supplements Are Finally Put to the Test
Written By Michael Greger M.D. FACLM on May 24th, 2018

“If one searches the Internet for anti-aging interventions, a vast array of techniques are offered, from starvation regimes to dietary supplements and growth hormones. All are for sale, but none so far have been proven as the magic bullet, despite exorbitant claims on many of the websites.” Resveratrol is one supplement you’ll likely come across, a component of red wine that gained notoriety as a possible explanation for the so-called French Paradox, which turned out to be not so paradoxical after all (see What Explains the French Paradox?).

As I discuss in my video Resveratrol Impairs Exercise Benefits, it turns out that “[c]ountries with high wine consumption are those in which saturated fat consumption used to be low but increased in recent years.” So, the low mortality from ischemic heart disease may just reflect the earlier, lower levels of saturated fat consumption, and the wine may just be a confounding factor. It did, however, help spark interest in resveratrol, the purported active ingredient of red wine about which scientific papers are now published every day.

More than a hundred of those papers on resveratrol have been called into question, though, as one of the leading researchers in the field was found guilty of taking millions in taxpayer money only to fabricate and falsify his data.

Hundreds of studies still remain, though. Does this mean pills can now replace a healthy diet? Even a group of resveratrol scientists don’t think resveratrol is worth supplementing: “In contrast to the lacking data on resveratrol in humans, the animal data are promising and indicate the need for further human clinical trials.” In rodents, resveratrol supplementation decreased cardiovascular risk factors, improved cardiovascular function and physical capacity, and decreased inflammation, leading to improved vascular function. But, when it was put to the test in people, almost the exact opposite was found.

Specifically, combining resveratrol with athletic training abolished the reduction in blood pressure, cholesterol, and triglycerides normally associated with training; had a more arterial-constricting effect than a dilating effect; “and led to a significantly lower increase in the training-induced increase in maximal oxygen uptake.”

Rodents on resveratrol get enhanced exercise performance, but, in people, the resveratrol induced a 45 percent lower increase in maximum aerobic capacity compared with those taking a sugar pill. The human subjects were working out like crazy, and the resveratrol undercut their efforts.

This raises a larger issue. Mouse models are a cornerstone of modern biomedical research, and yet systematic studies as to their usefulness are rarely done. Consider this: nearly 150 human clinical trials testing anti-inflammatory drugs have failed—without exception—after those same drugs had shown promise in trials on mice. In analyzing the carry-over from the mouse trials to the human trials, researchers determined that “[t]he result was surprising, almost shocking: the correlation was not only poor, it was virtually absent for the main study areas: burns, trauma, endotoxemia.” It turns out, for example, that mice may be up to a million times less sensitive to inflammatory endotoxins than humans.

The takeaway is that the negative effects they found add to the growing body of evidence questioning the positive effects of resveratrol supplementation in humans. Maybe the problem, though, was resveratrol supplementation—that is, giving people capsules containing 50 times the resveratrol they would normally get from eating grapes, berries, peanuts, or chocolate. Was it just too much of a good thing? To see if the amount one gets from drinking red wine would be beneficial, we can look to the Chianti region of Tuscany to determine whether resveratrol levels achieved with diet help protect against inflammation, cancer, cardiovascular disease, and death. The answer? None of the above. Despite the fact that U.S. annual sales of resveratrol supplements have reached $30 million, there are limited and conflicting human clinical data demonstrating any human benefits, and there are no data concerning its long-term safety.

The exercise study was supported in part by a manufacturer of resveratrol supplements. To their credit, however, the researchers responded to an angry letter by a supplement company consultant that “it is our opinion that we, as scientists, have a responsibility to report what we find, and not to twist our findings to fit the commercial interests.”

The benefits of red wine over white do not appear to be due to the resveratrol, but to the estrogen synthase blockers.

Have studies been done on anything other than yeast in regards to white willow extract?

I don’t know anyone who takes resveratrol in a capsule form. I’m just not sold on it still as a great anti aging molecule. There’s others that will totally disagree, I’m sure. It sure is expensive, so if I were to buy it, I’d hope I’m getting some health related benefits.

Who on here has supplemented with it? If so, did you notice anything?

if one actually thinks and understand the idea of red wine and res its pointless and pretty fing stupid as the amounts are so small.

there have been a LOT of studies and trials by drug companies to modify res and create a drug, all failed badly.

if we think n look at whats going on with mmj there are some similarities.
it was just no longer possible for the lies about cannibis to be continued as too many have some actual experience and while that experience is extremely limited in most casses it is still undeniable that where is something going on less then harmful.

res is different in that it is super hard to use and quite rare to have access to a usable form.

i have no hard answers i just dont trust things written like this at all, lol

there is an agenda!
:star-:ars

one tell tale sign that something is less the correct is when ppl use old ass crunchy ass wasp cracker white man terms like.. "the french paradox"

its like when they used the "domino effect" to explain the spread of comunism.

or the "gateway" concept of drug abuse...

guys the world is round, skin color dont matter and these fuckers are out to rob you! lol :eek:

sorry, but goes up my ass the wrong way when i see such drivel worked into things that alleged truth.

yukky doggy!:naughty:

one tell tale sign that something is less the correct is when ppl use old ass crunchy ass wasp cracker white man terms like.. "the french paradox"

its like when they used the "domino effect" to explain the spread of comunism.

or the "gateway" concept of drug abuse...

guys the world is round, skin color dont matter and these fuckers are out to rob you! lol :eek:

sorry, but goes up my ass the wrong way when i see such drivel worked into things that alleged truth.

yukky doggy!:naughty:
Wasp cracker white man terms huh? French paradox?? Gtfo with all that and use Google if you don't understand what it means

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I don’t know anyone who takes resveratrol in a capsule form. I’m just not sold on it still as a great anti aging molecule. There’s others that will totally disagree, I’m sure. It sure is expensive, so if I were to buy it, I’d hope I’m getting some health related benefits.

Who on here has supplemented with it? If so, did you notice anything?

It seems counter productive to me because it impairs exercise benefits. That's a freaking serious negative effect if you ask me. FYI, vitamin A, C, and E, and NAC do the same in supplemental form.

food for thought . . .

The New Yorker, April 3 2017, SILICON VALLEY’S QUEST TO LIVE FOREVER
Can billions of dollars’ worth of high-tech research succeed in making death optional?
By Tad Friend

For us, aging is the creeping and then catastrophic dysfunction of everything, all at once.

Our mitochondria sputter, our endocrine system sags, our DNA snaps. Our sight and
hearing and strength diminish, our arteries clog, our brains fog, and we falter, seize,
and fail. Every research breakthrough, every announcement of a master key that we
can turn to reverse all that, has been followed by setbacks and confusion.

Starving yourself, unsurprisingly, has disadvantages. If you want caloric restriction to
have a chance of working, you should take in at least thirty per cent fewer calories,
and the most useful way to do that . . .intermittent fasting . . . ia both unpleasant for
subjects to endure and impossible for researchers to patent.

The problem with most diet books, and with popular-science books about diet, is that
their impact relies on giving us simple answers, shorn of attendant complexities: it's
all about fat, or carbs, or how many meals you eat (the Warrior diet), or combinations
of food groups, or ‘intervalic fasting’ (the 5:2 diet), or nutritional ‘genomics’ (sticking
to the foods your distant ancestors may. have eaten, assuming you even know where
your folks were during the Paleolithic era). They hold out the hope that, if you just fix
one thing, your whole life will be better.

In laboratories for example, it's a different story as it sometimes seems that the more
sophisticated nutritional science becomes the less any single factor predominates,
and the less sure we are of anything.

Today's findings regularly overturn yesterday's promising hypotheses. For instance . . .
a trial in 2003, led by researchers at the University of Pennsylvania, compared an Atkins
diet, high in fat and low in carbohydrates, with a low-fat, high-carbohydrate, low-calorie
one. After a year, there were no significant differences in how much weight the people
in each group had lost, or in their levels of blood lipids, including their LDL cholesterol,
the primary concern for heart attack and stroke.

In a follow-up study in 2010, participants who followed either a low-carbohydrate or a
low-fat diet ended up losing about the same amount of weight (seven kilograms) after
two years. It was impossible to predict which diet would lead to significant weight loss
in any given individual, and, as most dieters well know, sustaining weight loss often fails
after initial success.

Other research seems to undermine the whole idea of dieting: extreme regimens pose
dangers, such as the risk of damaged kidneys from a buildup of excess uric acid during
high-protein diets; and population studies have shown that being a tad overweight may
actually be fine. Even studying these issues in the first place can be problematic. Although
the study of the Mediterranean diet, for example, reflects randomized controlled experiments,
most nutritional studies are observational; they rely on so-called food diaries, in which
subjects record what they remember about their daily intake. Such diaries are notoriously
inexact. No one likes admitting to having indulged in foods that they know . . . or think they
know . . . are bad for them.

Scientists tend to focus on the time line . . . since 1900, the human life span has increased
by about thirty years and so, as a consequence, have cancer, heart disease, stroke, diabetes,
and dementia. Aging is the leading precondition for so many diseases that "aging" and
"disease" are essentially figures of speech.

Accidents and violence are the leading causes of death up to age of forty-four, then
cancer rises to the top, and then, at sixty-five, heart disease. Doctors . . . heck, most
everybody, want to understand the etiologies of cancer and heart disease and then block
them. Why do we almost never get those diseases at age two? How can we extend that
protection to a hundred and two?

But if we cured cancer we would add only 3.3 years to an average life; solving heart
disease gets us an extra four. If we eliminated all disease, the average life span might
extend into the nineties.

To live longer, we'd have to slow aging itself.

Last edited:
Some things I'm looking into for longevity/age management

-RAAD Fest Revolution Against Aging and Death.

It is hosted by the Coalition for Radical Life Extension. You can find quite a few YouTube videos from previous conferences. The 2019 event will be in Vegas in October

I'm actually looking to go to it this year. To sit in see and hear for myself what this community is collaborating on when it comes to life extension.

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Punisher13420
NapsGear