over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Anti-anxiety/anti-depression meds

suppdude

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Who here has any experience with them? If you had the choice of picking one, which would it be and why? Not for me personally but someone who suffers and has been nervous/scared to start them but pretty much has come to where this step needs to be done.

IronLion2

Banned
I did a lot of homework on depression meds. I chose wellbutrin; its cheap, isnt anti-androgenic like a SSRI, and very mild. I hate anti anxiety meds.

opietaylor

Registered
Lexapro had my joints hurting so bad I felt like I wasn't going to be able to train anymore, never again. I will take the good days with the bad.

juggy38

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
That’s my medical profession.....

Is the main problem depression or anxiety? Or do we know?

If anxiety based, Prozac, lexapro, Effexor will be your heros.

Lethargy/sad depressed =Wellbutrin, cymbalta, Zoloft ok

Other adjunct meds for anxiety I’d try first would be buspar, propanalol, mindfulness training.

But like I said, meds are a lifesaver when the ship is way the fuck out of line. From a PSYCHIATRIST!!! Don’t go to your GP, they don’t know what the fuck they are doing with psych meds.

juggy38

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Also with anxiety we have to start with BABY doses of SSRIs and climb to high doses over a LONG period of time. Like 2.5 lexapro, 10mg Prozac, 37.5mg Effexor. You honestly DONT want to feel any effects or you will throw yourself into a hypomanic state or more anxiety

On the other hand with depression you want to start mid range and stay mid range

Benzos are a good crutch for anxiety while trying to titration up to ssri effective doses

Oh and add asghwanda, phosphatidylserine, and 5,000iu vitamin D, 1000mg vit C split up however

zacharykane

Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Do you have a preferred source/brand for phosphatidylserine?

I was using that in a supplement, along with abhwagandha, cordyceps, and CBD oil as a means of dealing with excess cortisol as a result of prep and to help with sleep.

I definitely feel better as a result.

Also with anxiety we have to start with BABY doses of SSRIs and climb to high doses over a LONG period of time. Like 2.5 lexapro, 10mg Prozac, 37.5mg Effexor. You honestly DONT want to feel any effects or you will throw yourself into a hypomanic state or more anxiety

On the other hand with depression you want to start mid range and stay mid range

Benzos are a good crutch for anxiety while trying to titration up to ssri effective doses

Oh and add asghwanda, phosphatidylserine, and 5,000iu vitamin D, 1000mg vit C split up however

juggy38

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Do you have a preferred source/brand for phosphatidylserine?

I was using that in a supplement, along with abhwagandha, cordyceps, and CBD oil as a means of dealing with excess cortisol as a result of prep and to help with sleep.

I definitely feel better as a result.

NOW brand has an affordable 300mg cap on amazon.

Also nootropics depot has powder that is very affordable

XstarchildX

Banned
Doc tried putting me on prozac but the sides were not very enticing. I also have a script for xanax and the only time I use it is before flying (I fly maybe 2-3 times a year).

I now have a medical card and a high CBD strain or indica with moderate THC works wonders. I've also implemented ashwaganda, valerian, and l theanine. Seems to be working nicely.

lntense

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
I was prescribed klonopin originally then the doc switched me over to Buspirone which is a 5-ht1a receptor partial antagonist. Still haven't taken a pill to this day.. I prefer low dose klonopin, no more than .5-1mg/night.

zacharykane

Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
When I was a teen I got put on prozac and it made me feel like I was losing my mind; apparently one of the sides is it can prevent you from getting into REM sleep. That was absolutely not fun at all.

Doc tried putting me on prozac but the sides were not very enticing. I also have a script for xanax and the only time I use it is before flying (I fly maybe 2-3 times a year).

I now have a medical card and a high CBD strain or indica with moderate THC works wonders. I've also implemented ashwaganda, valerian, and l theanine. Seems to be working nicely.

XstarchildX

Banned
When I was a teen I got put on prozac and it made me feel like I was losing my mind; apparently one of the sides is it can prevent you from getting into REM sleep. That was absolutely not fun at all.
Yes, this! Not to mention it messes with libido. I finally got my libido back years ago after starting TRT. I'm not willing to lose it again! Lol :D

warlock

Kilo Klub Member
Registered

Great post. How many mgs of Ashwagandha and phosphatidylserine would you recommend and how many times a day?

suppdude

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
That’s my medical profession.....

Is the main problem depression or anxiety? Or do we know?

If anxiety based, Prozac, lexapro, Effexor will be your heros.

Lethargy/sad depressed =Wellbutrin, cymbalta, Zoloft ok

Other adjunct meds for anxiety I’d try first would be buspar, propanalol, mindfulness training.

But like I said, meds are a lifesaver when the ship is way the fuck out of line. From a PSYCHIATRIST!!! Don’t go to your GP, they don’t know what the fuck they are doing with psych meds.

More so anxiety and stress honestly. She just worries and gets inside her head too much which just makes things worse.

Tried getting her to try a CBD with small dose of THC but she won't go for it.

I've had her try Ash, Rosea, Theanine combo and not help.

zacharykane

Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Is there a reason she doesn't want to use CBD?

Maybe start with one that has no THC so there is no potential issue with drug screenings or further affects on the mind. I know I personally get better sleep and as such, have less anxiety when using CBD oil on a nightly basis.

More so anxiety and stress honestly. She just worries and gets inside her head too much which just makes things worse.

Tried getting her to try a CBD with small dose of THC but she won't go for it.

I've had her try Ash, Rosea, Theanine combo and not help.

warlock

Kilo Klub Member
Registered

Any specific brand for the CBD you can suggest?

suppdude

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Is there a reason she doesn't want to use CBD?

Maybe start with one that has no THC so there is no potential issue with drug screenings or further affects on the mind. I know I personally get better sleep and as such, have less anxiety when using CBD oil on a nightly basis.

Yeah, I could get her on a CBD isolate and mix it myself for her. She just really doesn't want to keep feeling this way and wasting time trying various products. I'm aware of the research behind CBD and I'll continue to suggest it.

zacharykane

Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
I wish you both luck!

I know it can be hard to continue to try things without having solid results, but she's fortunate to have someone like you trying to help. CBD personally made the biggest difference for me though. Not sure if you're in the US, but PM me if you need some brand recommendations.

Yeah, I could get her on a CBD isolate and mix it myself for her. She just really doesn't want to keep feeling this way and wasting time trying various products. I'm aware of the research behind CBD and I'll continue to suggest it.

BadGas

Registered
Who here has any experience with them? If you had the choice of picking one, which would it be and why? Not for me personally but someone who suffers and has been nervous/scared to start them but pretty much has come to where this step needs to be done.

Wellbutrin isn't as likely to lower libido as other antidepressants.. That's my choice

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
luc1lle160