advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Anti Cancer Diet cuz I am motivated now....

Is there anyway that you two can stop the feud/war? Is there any possibility that you two become friends at this point?:confused:

Is there anyway that you two can stop the feud/war? Is there any possibility that you two become friends at this point?:confused:

I'd love to see these two guys debate various topics. Just without the hatred between each other.

UPDATE

I talked with my friend and he is off ventilator and recovering good. most recent MRI showed no sign of living cancer so hopefully the worst is behind him. he still has a lot of recovery to do.

I got results back on my sonogram. looks like a benign cyst in my extremeity. don't have to do surgery but I might just for aesthetic reasons. cant have it messing up my symmetry :D

we have been shopping at the Farmers Market and about to start buying beef by the half or quarter... gonna get a deep freeze first.

Foods I have been primarily eating everyday:
kale (we make "kale chips" which is olice oil, seasoning and bake em)
broccoli (atleast in 2 meals a day I bet)
tomatoes (most often diced with cucmber in olive oil with spices)
cucumbers (same as^ tomatoes)
sweet potatoes (usually "sweet potato fires" ie olive oil, seasoning and bake)
steel cut oats (add diced apple, cinnamon and sweeten with local honey)
bread (real bread, the stuff we buy at the market, no enriched flour etc)
natural jams (these are GOOD)
grass fed beef (stir fry, sirloins, burgers)
free range eggs (for breakfast mainly, and midnight snack)
free range chicken (I don't eat as much chicken as I used to, burned out)
real butter
Almond Butter (love it with celery)
coconut oil (for cooking mostly)
oilive oil (for all kinds of stuff)
pecans (these are my favorite snack right now, and we add em to everything)
dark chocolate (when I have a sweet tooth, good w whole natural granola)
cod (I don't like fishy fish, I found it hard to avoid GMO fed fish)

I will prob post some pics of the meals I have been eating. I enjoy it. don't miss eating "normal" meats and veggies cuz now I know what's in it and its a huge turn off. ignorance was bliss. I thought I was healthy ingesting tons of enhanced and genetically modified meats and veggies and fruits...

Some things to note:
I eat less calories now. I definitely eat less meat. I don't worry about when my next meal will be anymore. I will snack on nuts and fruits if I get hungry while I prepare my meal. Oh, and we will be buying a filter for our tap water.
-JS

Last edited:
I talked with my friend and he is off ventilator and recovering good. most recent MRI showed no sign of living cancer so hopefully the worst is behind him. he still has a lot of recovery to do.

I got results back on my sonogram. looks like a benign cyst in my extremeity. don't have to do surgery but I might just for aesthetic reasons. cant have it messing up my symmetry :D

we have been shopping at the Farmers Market and about to start buying beef by the half or quarter... gonna get a deep freeze first.

Foods I have been primarily eating everyday:
kale (we make "kale chips" which is olice oil, seasoning and bake em)
broccoli (atleast in 2 meals a day I bet)
tomatoes (most often diced with cucmber in olive oil with spices)
cucumbers (same as^ tomatoes)
sweet potatoes (usually "sweet potato fires" ie olive oil, seasoning and bake)
steel cut oats (add diced apple, cinnamon and sweeten with local honey)
bread (real bread, the stuff we buy at the market, no enriched flour etc)
natural jams (these are GOOD)
grass fed beef (stir fry, sirloins, burgers)
free range eggs (for breakfast mainly, and midnight snack)
free range chicken (I don't eat as much chicken as I used to, burned out)
real butter
Almond Butter (love it with celery)
coconut oil (for cooking mostly)
oilive oil (for all kinds of stuff)
pecans (these are my favorite snack right now, and we add em to everything)
dark chocolate (when I have a sweet tooth, good w whole natural granola)
cod (I don't like fishy fish, I found it hard to avoid GMO fed fish)

I will prob post some pics of the meals I have been eating. I enjoy it. don't miss eating "normal" meats and veggies cuz now I know what's in it and its a huge turn off. ignorance was bliss. I thought I was healthy ingesting tons of enhanced and genetically modified meats and veggies and fruits...

Some things to note:
I eat less calories now. I definitely eat less meat. I don't worry about when my next meal will be anymore. I will snack on nuts and fruits if I get hungry while I prepare my meal. Oh, and we will be buying a filter for our tap water.
-JS

I switched to exactly this type of diet a couple of months ago myself. Once you get used to it, you won't miss the old food (unless you're dieting in which case you will lol).

Johnny:

It seems the cumulative effect of the myriad benefits of this type of diet and the spillover effect if other family members pick up on this, make the discussion of does it in fact have a noticeable effect on reducing occurrence of cancer a moot point.

Perhaps the cumulative health benefits just allow our own bodies to be in a better position to resist forming cancerous cells. I personally believe in the benefits. ( Although I am not living it, this thread is giving me motivation to get back on track)

Before the flames start, I am well aware that the example I am going to give is only one data point and is insignificant. I am well versed in probability and statistics, albeit from thirty years ago.

One of my friends for the last 34 years after his colonoscopy was given 100% chance of getting colon cancer in the next 18 months. I believe he had 29 polyps. DNA testing showed a marker colon cancer in he and his brother. The father passing away from colon cancer prompted the tests. I have never heard of a doctor giving 100% chance of anything. In depth research (on his own) and trips to two of the finest cancer treatment and research facilities in the country as well as a visit to a leading DNA research center later, he got much more granular on the test and came to the conclusion that there was no doubt his percentage was non zero but no data truly pointed toward 100%.

The recommendation from the doctor? Remove a good bit of the colon, resulting in wearing a bag for life. He refused. He changed his diet to about 80% raw, no meat whatsoever, added a few supplements such as curcumin and became religious about working out. His next colonoscopy had two polyps. (He gets them done every six months from two different doctors to decrease chances of missing something. His last six or so have shown zero polyps. The original doctor has yet to change his recommendation but has grudgingly accepted the fact that me friend was not going to do it until the evidence changed on one of these tests. This has resulted in several years of great activity with his daughters, as well as a new healthier lifestyle. I believe the diet made a difference. I have no proof of this. I just believe.

Good luck with this Johnny, I am going to start in on it today myself. Will be a real challenge tonight at my Sisters' Holiday party!

Pekkerwood

I thought I would bump this with all that's going on with members fighting cancer recently...especially mentalflex who is about to beat it down!

old thread - was wondering what happened to J Smiles?

I know first hand what cancer can do, it has affected my best friend who had neck cancer which is really rear in males, my dad who had skin cancer from years and years playing baseball and tennis under the sun with not protection when he was younger and sun blockers where not in use as it is today... so yes I agree that an anti cancer diet is absolutely a most for all of us and that the sport we are in is NOT healthy and we ALL are at high risk, especially when using growth factors... anyways. The question is what is the right diet?

I also strongly believe that the genetic factor is the major common factor among people who develops aggressive types of cancers. I mentioned my best friend and my dad, who are now cancer free... but my brother's wife who never did drugs, never smoked, never drank, was a vegetarian and did tons of exercise was diagnosed with lung cancer 3 years ago, she went to Houston to see the best oncologists there are, was on full treatment since day one, including chemotherapy and many other things holistic, homeopathic, mental, marijuana oil, I mean they tried everything... However, the cancer went from her lungs to her kidneys and from there to her bones, then her brain... I mean she had tumors in her head the size of golf balls... one of the tumors was so big it pushed her eye out of her skull it was really sad... when I touched her I could feel the tumors pumping out of her head... she had tumors in her breast, her legs, arms, etc it was horrible, she was in so much pain not even morphine was doing anything for her at some point...

Before the cancer propagated from her kidneys to her bones... she tried a ketogenic diet for a while and incredibly the tumor in her kidney started to shrink... but she being a vegetarian (and I think her diet was not in check because she was not consuming enough fats and was losing a lot of weight) went back to the whole grains, vegetables, etc diet...

after that the tumor in her kidney started to grow again, and from there... well she passed away 2 months ago... she was 40 y/o

The oncologist said that he have only seen a cancer that aggressive a few times in his life... and this is a guy who has treated hundreds of patients...

I know many others who are not even close as careful as she was with her health, they smoke, eat shit, drink etc and probably will never develop cancer... Some others like my dad who never drank or smoked, but played baseball under the sun will do... I think anyone can develop cancer if the necessary factors are present, but I also think having a genetically disposition is also a big factor.

Anyways, I just wanted to share the story... because it caught my attention the fact that the ketogenic diet in her case actually showed results and I have read about many other people having great results with it... maybe it is true and cancer cells do not have the metabolic flexibility to feed themselves with ketones...

Good luck to all of you who are fighting cancer... our thoughts are with you

Last edited:

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • A50#
    Old School Moderator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member