over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

anti hypertensive meds

bananas007

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
anyone here take them.

Its not too bad. 140/85 but I am getting winded really fast when I walk

I am thinking about talking to my doc about it. I am sure he will suggest beta blocker or ACE inhibitor. Should i ask him about diuretics instead, since most of the hypertension is probably from water retention due to AAS. If anyone is on beta blocker have they effected your life negatively?

thanks

Try the following instead:

6-9g fish oil daily
cardio 3-4x weekly
cleaner diet (less sodium and try to eliminate sugars)
more sleep
less stress

Change your lifestyle instead of putting more shit in your body.

What are your currently running as far as anabolics and otc supps?

Last edited:
anyone here take them.

I am thinking about talking to my doc about it. I am sure he will suggest beta blocker or ACE inhibitor. Should i ask him about diuretics instead, since most of the hypertension is probably from water retention due to AAS. If anyone is on beta blocker have they effected your life negatively?

thanks

Your exertional dyspnea is concerning. You should not become winded quickly when you walk. I would recommend seeing your physician. Your BP is elevated and you can talk to your physician about whether or not you should receive treatment immediately (or if non-pharmacological options should be implemented first). ACE inhibitors are a good first line option for many bodybuilders because they are protective against advancing cardiac and renal disease, and there is growing body of evidence that they have other positive impacts on metabolism (e.g., reduction in cholesterol build up). Beta-blockers are a more difficult option for most bodybuilders because they impact exercise tolerance (due to their anti-beta adrenergic properties) and they can impact one's ability to recognize symptoms of hypoglycemia. If ACE inhibitors are not an option, then a thiazide would likely be a better option. With that being said, I would recommend that you see your physician ASAP given that you are out of breath when simply walking. If it is really that bad, you may want to even consider going to an urgent care center or ED. Best of luck with things.

Your exertional dyspnea is concerning. You should not become winded quickly when you walk. I would recommend seeing your physician. Your BP is elevated and you can talk to your physician about whether or not you should receive treatment immediately (or if non-pharmacological options should be implemented first). ACE inhibitors are a good first line option for many bodybuilders because they are protective against advancing cardiac and renal disease, and there is growing body of evidence that they have other positive impacts on metabolism (e.g., reduction in cholesterol build up). Beta-blockers are a more difficult option for most bodybuilders because they impact exercise tolerance (due to their anti-beta adrenergic properties) and they can impact one's ability to recognize symptoms of hypoglycemia. If ACE inhibitors are not an option, then a thiazide would likely be a better option. With that being said, I would recommend that you see your physician ASAP given that you are out of breath when simply walking. If it is really that bad, you may want to even consider going to an urgent care center or ED. Best of luck with things.

Listen to this guy, he knows his stuff! I am concerned too about you getting out of breath so easy. High blood pressure alone should not cause that. You could be suffering from cardiomyopathy, which is where your heart isnt contracting properly and is not pushing out blood like it should. Should really have it looked at. I agree that ACE inhibibitors are great for treatment. I used to take that for high blood pressure. I took Benicar and had no side effects at all.

Gambel, how would ACE inhibitors effect a test cycle? Any problems with any of the compounds bodybuilders regularly use?

If I can't get my BP under control, I'm going to have to go on something. I upped my cardio and started taking hawthorn berries. Got it down to 145/92...

anyone here take them.

thanks

Bro, I'm on 3 bp meds. Coreg, micardis 80 and hydrochlathizide prescibed by my doc. Of course hypertension runs in my family. The only sides to mention that I get is I get dehydrated from the hydrochlathizide which is taken care of with a lot of water consumption and some fatigue. from the micardis/coreg. The sides IMO aren't too bad.

Again, what are the current doses of everything you're running? Do you do cardio? What is your diet like? What supplements do you take?

I somehow missed the part about getting winded when you walk. Not good. Schedule an appt ASAP.. worry about the specifics after you talk to your doctor.

Gambel, how would ACE inhibitors effect a test cycle? Any problems with any of the compounds bodybuilders regularly use?

If I can't get my BP under control, I'm going to have to go on something. I upped my cardio and started taking hawthorn berries. Got it down to 145/92...

In terms of common AAS used, I would anticipate no direct contraindications to using an ACE Inhibitor. Since ACE Inhibitors work via the Renin-Angiotensin system, any other ancillaries one might be taking (e.g., potassium sparing diuretics like spironolactone) could increase the risk for hyperkalemia [i.e., elevated serum K+ levels] (ACE Inhibitors have been shown to cause hyperkalemia in some individuals). Anything that predisposes to any form of dehydration could increase the risk of dehydration. Also, if one is using any form of insulin as an ancillary, then they may need to reevaluate their standard dosage. On the whole, though, they tend to be a very good first line anti-hypertensive for most people. I hope this info helps.

BP

Agree. Cardio is very important. I take hawethorne also. My dad takes Lotensin and has no sides. Thiazide diuretics are also very safe/mild/effective.

Here is a cool site on BP.....People talk about upper vs. lower and what if one is high and the other is OK....MAP or mean aterial pressure is DP+1/3(SP-DP)or pulse pressure.

http://www.vaughns-1-pagers.com/medicine/blood-pressure.htm

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • MikeS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Atomgear