over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Antibiotics and Tamiflu

Thor65

Registered
Newbies
I wanted to see if this is a national issue or just locally where I’m at. Last weekend when traveling for the holidays we stopped in a Walgreens pharmacy in Indiana, when I realized I forgot my bp meds. When talking to the pharmacist, he said they are completely out of every kind of antibiotics as lots of people were sick there. That sounded crazy to me.
Yesterday myself and my infant started running a high fever and felt awful. We went to our local walk in and both tested positive for the flu type A. I went to pick up our prescriptions of tamiflu and was told, they are out of tamiflu and out of every kind of antibiotics. I called every pharmacy within driving distance and it was the same story. Probably shit out of luck on tamiflu as you only have 48 hours from symptom onset to be helpful.
Is this a Midwest thing or is this all over? Wtf is going on that they are also out of all antibiotics. Anyone have info?

Here in Wa, same thing. There is a lot of colds and whatever coughing going around for sure. My wife can get in to see her Dr with in a few days normally, its now 45 days out. Its like we are getting at taste of Canadian Healthcare system.

I would say since 2000 many people are overly concerned with colds, the flu, etc. So rather than wait it out, focus on sleep vitamins people are more likely to go buy medicine so the supplies is short. Only thing I've ever used was NyQuil. Also, when the demand is high prices will go up. If production is cut back, more increase in price= more profit. I did minor In economics before switching my education but these courses really opened up my eyes. There could also be supply chain issues and worker shortages with striking, people not want to return to work etc. Those would be my guesses. These issues will probably hit areas like rural Indiana most

I try to keep several different meds in had specific for reasons like this. Oral Prednisone , different antibiotics , anti virals.
All cheap on ADC

This stuff if a great alternative to Tamiflu , most pharmacy have it

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221203-174052~2.png
    Screenshot_20221203-174052~2.png
    802.8 KB · Views: 3
I wanted to see if this is a national issue or just locally where I’m at. Last weekend when traveling for the holidays we stopped in a Walgreens pharmacy in Indiana, when I realized I forgot my bp meds. When talking to the pharmacist, he said they are completely out of every kind of antibiotics as lots of people were sick there. That sounded crazy to me.
Yesterday myself and my infant started running a high fever and felt awful. We went to our local walk in and both tested positive for the flu type A. I went to pick up our prescriptions of tamiflu and was told, they are out of tamiflu and out of every kind of antibiotics. I called every pharmacy within driving distance and it was the same story. Probably shit out of luck on tamiflu as you only have 48 hours from symptom onset to be helpful.
Is this a Midwest thing or is this all over? Wtf is going on that they are also out of all antibiotics. Anyone have info?
It all Depends on the location, there are some major shortages on other RX MEDSFrom what I have been told. The only option if not meet your expectation Home Remedy anything on the Shelf can ease the discomfort.

Not the case in NOLA. We all had the type A flu about 3 weeks ago maybe 4. Had tamiflu available.

Cage

I would say since 2000 many people are overly concerned with colds, the flu, etc. So rather than wait it out, focus on sleep vitamins people are more likely to go buy medicine so the supplies is short. Only thing I've ever used was NyQuil.
Me either. And I rarely even take that. It puzzles me how people are still taking antibiotics for little coughs and shit AFTER we know that antibiotic resistance is a thing.

You can get animal antibiotics at tractor supply or other agricultural businesses. Amoxicillin and such

Me either. And I rarely even take that. It puzzles me how people are still taking antibiotics for little coughs and shit AFTER we know that antibiotic resistance is a thing.
Spot on. Then when they really get something they need an antibiotic to knock out they are screwed. I think it was gonorrhea a while back people were getting it then getting treatment and it lost its effectiveness. Usually the rare times I have needed medicine a mild small dose worked quickly. Probably because I am someone who does not take prescription drugs unless I absolutely need them. We are an over medicated society imo.

Spot on. Then when they really get something they need an antibiotic to knock out they are screwed. I think it was gonorrhea a while back people were getting it then getting treatment and it lost its effectiveness. Usually the rare times I have needed medicine a mild small dose worked quickly. Probably because I am someone who does not take prescription drugs unless I absolutely need them. We are an over medicated society imo.
the antibiotic resistance as I understand it is more of a collective fucking of us all, where you and I have an advantage is that our immune systems routinely have practice responding to outside stimuli, so when we get something, even if that bug is resistant to some antibiotics our immmune systems can easily knock it out or at the very least pick up the slack (kill the rest of the bacterial population that the antibiotic can't).

I just read the other day where I’m at that there is a major shortage of antibiotics, probably because of what everybody mentioned. Haven’t heard of tamiflu being a problem

the antibiotic resistance as I understand it is more of a collective fucking of us all, where you and I have an advantage is that our immune systems routinely have practice responding to outside stimuli, so when we get something, even if that bug is resistant to some antibiotics our immmune systems can easily knock it out or at the very least pick up the slack (kill the rest of the bacterial population that the antibiotic can't).
This. We are taught if we don't feel good, seek medicine. We have someone overweight, smoking, drinks coffee all day have high BP. They ask what BP meds and society tells them the pros and cons of various ones. How about stop smoking maybe lose some weight?

I know all kinds of people they get a cold and have their go to medicine and are always looking for a better new shiny One. I'll take a good night sleep, skip a day at the gym maybe, and eat some more fruit high in vitamin c. Works like charm

Staff online

• K1
    Blue-Eyed Devil

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws