over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Antidepressants/SSRIs Experiences And Sexual Side Effects

Problem is to treat OCD in most cases much higher doses of SSRIs will be needed sometimes even the max dose of a drug, compared to using SSRIs to treat depression or generalized anxiety. That almost guarantees sexual sides, now to what degree I guess that’s on the individual.

Anybody tried cannabis for OCD? There is a tremendous amount of research on CBD/delta9THC and the impact it has on OCD.

I’ve been deep diving the research lately because somebody very close to me suffers OCD and SRI medications don’t really help (they only help in 60% of OCD cases).

I think 100mg CBD in a full spectrum distillate with an additional 5-10mg of delta8THC twice a day AM and PM. Adding 9deltaTHCv (not a typo) at 5-10mg during AM would be a good idea too.

I've tried two different kinds of gummies that were supposed to help me relax, one with CBN and THC, and one with CBD and THC. Proprietary blends from the local legal cannabis shop, so I can't tell you exactly what amounts, just what was listed on the ingredient labels of the packs.

Both types of gummies made me tired and sleepy, but made my OCD symptoms and general anxiety/paranoia much worse. I have a whole ritual about making sure the doors are locked at night before going to bed, and when I took those gummies at bedtime, they made me really anxious and I had to keep checking and checking and checking the locks, over and over again.

The common ingredient to both gummies was the THC, so I have to believe that for me personally, THC makes my OCD worse, not better.

We are all individuals and respond differently to compounds. I had great hopes for the gummies based on some of the research I've read, but for me personally, it definitely didn't help.

I have not specifically tried CBD/delta9THC, or CBD by itself, or delta8THC etc, so I still don't know how I would respond to those specific compounds.

Just my personal experiment of n=1, others may respond differently.

Zoloft made me feel crazy and caused anorgasmia, but wasn’t every time. I HATED this drug. Wellbutrin didn’t give me crazy mental sides like Zoloft did, but it did make it hard for me to get an erection ocassionally, especially once my doctor added pravastatin for cholesterol. I’ve since switched to buspirone and not only do I not have erection problems, it actually increased my libido and it’s helping my anxiety and ocd more than anything else that I’ve tried. I also take trazadone to help me sleep and for some additional anxiety relief

As an NDRI, Wellbutrin increases my libido (dopamine), but makes it harder for me to get an erection (norepinephrine).

I had great hopes for Buspirone, but all it did for me was make me constantly feel like I had to take a shit. Constantly, all day and night long. One morning I couldn't make it to the bathroom in time, and that was the last day I ever took Buspirone.

Trazodone definitely helps me sleep, but gives me a hangover and makes it harder to wake up in the morning. And forget about getting an erection after I take trazodone, it makes things much worse in that regard.

Just my personal experiences; we all react differently to different drugs.

God I wish I could micro dose!!!!! Would definitely be experimenting with that for sure!!!
I live in CA and have been legally using it since 2006 for PTSD, it's a cultural thing here, but microdosing anything is a better way to attenuate existing symptoms starting off with more "experimental" compounds

I get every fucking sexual side effect everytime I take anti-depressant. I outweighed the pros/cons. I rather have sex than be a functional member of society.
I take Zoloft cant cum, my dick literally shrinks an uncomfortable aweful feeling. Or I feel just no emotions just whatever.
fuck that I rather be nuts and get pussy.

It's interesting how different people view the same statistics. Some will say the studies show the drugs are no better than placebo. Even in the literature they might say an AD has not been shown to work any better than placebo but psychiatrists keep using it in certain cohorts! :D

I certainly think they work. I started them due to panic syndrome from absolute hell and while high anxiety has persisted the outright panic attacks went away.

I'm on 3 AD's, venlafaxine, mirtazapine and now bupropion. They want me to taper down the venlafaxine and I'm down to 75mg from 225mg but I keep having problems if I try to stop it altogether so I will keep tapering slowly.
I think that speaks to the power potential of placebo(calling that name for an album title) rather than the ineffectiveness of AD drugs in general.

I get every fucking sexual side effect everytime I take anti-depressant. I outweighed the pros/cons. I rather have sex than be a functional member of society.
I take Zoloft cant cum, my dick literally shrinks an uncomfortable aweful feeling. Or I feel just no emotions just whatever.
fuck that I rather be nuts and get pussy.
Tried Mirtazapine yet? It's even considered to be a slight aphrodisiac. Worth the shot if you haven't.

Fwiw, I'm a long time cannabis user at the tune of about 1-2g a day and it only exacerbated my OCD tendencies. I think how cannabis effects you depends a lot on brain chemistry. It tends to collect and streamline my thoughts, so what's in disarray can become organized to a pretty steep level, even more attention paid to detail than before. Pot makes me a bit more OCD, honestly.

I think that speaks to the power potential of placebo(calling that name for an album title) rather than the ineffectiveness of AD drugs in general.

I use them and believe in them. In my case they haven't worked for depression all that well but I believe they probably saved my life due to how they affected my panic disorder. But I didn't live my life without them so can't say for sure how things might have turned out.

Some say SSRI's as a class are some of the most successful drugs in the history of the world. Some studies published in respected papers like the Lancet say they have a small effect but others say they are no better than placebo. Go figure.

For example:

Basically they don't say antidepressants absolutely do not work, only that the evidence doesn't prove they do. These are some smart mofos so wtf? :D

Then we have those who think the pharmaceutical industry is outright trying to poison, enslave and kill us with these drugs. I've put my trust in the drugs :D

I've tried two different kinds of gummies that were supposed to help me relax, one with CBN and THC, and one with CBD and THC. Proprietary blends from the local legal cannabis shop, so I can't tell you exactly what amounts, just what was listed on the ingredient labels of the packs.

Both types of gummies made me tired and sleepy, but made my OCD symptoms and general anxiety/paranoia much worse. I have a whole ritual about making sure the doors are locked at night before going to bed, and when I took those gummies at bedtime, they made me really anxious and I had to keep checking and checking and checking the locks, over and over again.

The common ingredient to both gummies was the THC, so I have to believe that for me personally, THC makes my OCD worse, not better.

We are all individuals and respond differently to compounds. I had great hopes for the gummies based on some of the research I've read, but for me personally, it definitely didn't help.

I have not specifically tried CBD/delta9THC, or CBD by itself, or delta8THC etc, so I still don't know how I would respond to those specific compounds.

Try delta 8 thc imo
I don’t really react well with delta9 but delta8 treats me really well.

The placebo-effect is indeed often very pronounced.
I use them and believe in them. In my case they haven't worked for depression all that well but I believe they probably saved my life due to how they affected my panic disorder. But I didn't live my life without them so can't say for sure how things might have turned out.

Some say SSRI's as a class are some of the most successful drugs in the history of the world. Some studies published in respected papers like the Lancet say they have a small effect but others say they are no better than placebo. Go figure.

For example:

Basically they don't say antidepressants absolutely do not work, only that the evidence doesn't prove they do. These are some smart mofos so wtf? :D

Then we have those who think the pharmaceutical industry is outright trying to poison, enslave and kill us with these drugs. I've put my trust in the drugs :D
I think it's as simple as what totalrecomp said: these AD's definitely work for most people but so do placebo's. The placebo-effect is very real and almost omnipresent.

Now I also have to admit KS that probably just like it is in your case, AD's work by lessening my depression but I can't say they take it away entirely. But every bit helps and as long as it comes with no sexual sides, I'm all for taking it.

I'm going off-topic now but I have high hopes for the Ketamine-sprays they are now just starting to use for depression. Being on Ketamine after a surgery made me fully depression-free. Of course that was in a much higher dosage than they are putting in the sprays but still, it's the same drug.

I'm a long time MJ user. I believe you took too high a dose each time. Also you tried combo's. I like CBD alone and regular weed alone or a 95/5 type ratio. 50/50 and I dislike how I feel. Its a hybrid feeling I'm not used to yet when mixing. Also, now you do not know exactly what did what.

But, I find if I don't use for a while then I take a medium dose right away I get anxiety from it. While if I use a tiny amount and use it more frequently with increasing dosages to my desired preference I find a sweet spot. Then if you use for a while and daily you then are able to climb dosage without so much ill effects as you will become more familiar with the effect.

If I get too high I might forget if I locked a door and check several times and I don't have OCD. Sativa's are uppers and can give panic attacks with heart racing while indica's make me feel like I am in a comfy castle feeling or just knock me out.

Edibles kick in slow and last a long time. So an error in perfect dose can make for a crappy night while smoking is more forgiving in my opinion. If you dose orally there is nothing wrong with taking very low doses amount and work up.

My poor daughter is developing OCD and she washes her hands non-stop.

I'm a long time MJ user. I believe you took too high a dose each time. Also you tried combo's. I like CBD alone and regular weed alone or a 95/5 type ratio. 50/50 and I dislike how I feel. Its a hybrid feeling I'm not used to yet when mixing. Also, now you do not know exactly what did what.

But, I find if I don't use for a while then I take a medium dose right away I get anxiety from it. While if I use a tiny amount and use it more frequently with increasing dosages to my desired preference I find a sweet spot. Then if you use for a while and daily you then are able to climb dosage without so much ill effects as you will become more familiar with the effect.

If I get too high I might forget if I locked a door and check several times and I don't have OCD. Sativa's are uppers and can give panic attacks with heart racing while indica's make me feel like I am in a comfy castle feeling or just knock me out.

Edibles kick in slow and last a long time. So an error in perfect dose can make for a crappy night while smoking is more forgiving in my opinion. If you dose orally there is nothing wrong with taking very low doses amount and work up.

My poor daughter is developing OCD and she washes her hands non-stop.

I agree that the dose might have been too high; I just took one gummy from the pack each time. It might be that the gummies are dosed too high for inexperienced users.

I also agree that it was a mistake to try combos, but that is all that the local shop has available. I would like to try CBD on its own, without THC, or delta 8 THC by itself, to see if any of the individual components are helpful.

I've never been able to smoke, because it bothers my allergies. I used to go to a lot of concerts pre-COVID, and I always hated being in the same section with the pot smokers, because the smoke would make me sneeze and cough and get woozy.

I feel bad for your daughter and other children, as I feel many of them who have tendencies toward OCD will find those tendencies reinforced during the whole COVID situation. When you already have OCD, and you are put in an environment where people are constantly telling you to wash your hands, wear masks, avoid other people and maintain social distancing, it only makes children's problems with anxiety or OCD worse. We are making a whole generation of children think that avoiding other people, staying at home, and constantly washing and disinfecting everything is normal, when it is certainly not normal. I think that many people, especially children, are developing and not getting proper treatment for anxiety and other mental health problems right now. It's sad, really.

I will mention the following substance that has helped me in dealing with OCD, and although some might find it unlikely, there is some limited support in the scientific literature for the use of this substance in treating OCD:

Dexedrine (D-amphetamine)

As odd as it may seem, when I take Dexedrine or Adderall, it seems to minimize many of the intrusive thoughts in my head, and help me to focus on whatever I am trying to do, without the distraction of my usual OCD rituals. Obviously, the use of amphetamine can raise anxiety in people. And it's impossible to use at night time, or I will never get to sleep. But the use of Dexedrine and other amphetamines during the day does seem to help me shut out the intrusive thoughts and behaviors, and help me focus on whatever I am doing.

It is certainly not the favored treatment for OCD, which are of course the SSRI's. But Dexedrine does seem to help me and some others, and it doesn't have the same libido problems as the SSRI's. If anything, it enhances my libido, although it does make it more difficult to get an erection while using it.

Your mileage may vary, as it does for any other substance. Use at your own risk, or don't.

“D-Amphetamine 30 mg, studied in a single-dose, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial, was associated with a significant decrease in self-rated symptoms about 6 hours after the dose, independently of effects on mood (184). D-Amphetamine had an acute anti-OCD effect in 11 of 12 subjects (92%). With placebo, neither the self-ratings nor the blinded observer’s ratings decreased significantly. Two patients continued D-amphetamine at a dose of 10–20 mg/day for “several weeks” with continued response. In a small (n=11), double-blind, placebo-controlled, crossover study of single doses of methylphenidate 40 mg and D-amphetamine 30 mg, both taken orally, the latter drug was associated with a significantly greater reduction in OCD symptom rating than was placebo (185). Five of the 11 subjects (45%) had a ≥50% decrease in their OCD scores after D-amphetamine, two (18%) after methylphenidate, and only one (9%) after placebo. In both studies, the decrease in OCD symptoms was independent of mood effects. Open-label methylphenidate, 40 mg once orally, produced no significant effect on OCD or mood 4 hours later in a small study (n=13), although four patients had a 50% decrease in an OCD rating scale score (489). Case reports exist of OCD benefit after treating co-occurring attention-deficit disorder with stimulants. The presence of tics or Tourette’s disorder does not contraindicate the use of stimulants to treat ADHD co-occurring with OCD, although methylphenidate appears to be better tolerated in this situation than D-amphetamine (490).”

184. Insel TR, Hamilton JA, Guttmacher LB, Murphy DL: D-Amphetamine in obsessive-compulsive disorder. Psychopharmacology (Berl) 1983; 80:231–235 [A]

185. Joffe RT, Swinson RP, Levitt AJ: Acute psychostimulant challenge in primary obsessive-compulsive disorder. J Clin Psychopharmacol 1991; 11:237–241 [A]

489. Joffe RT, Swinson RP: Methylphenidate in primary obsessive-compulsive disorder. J Clin Psychopharmacol 1987; 7:420–422

490. Kurlan R: Tourette’s syndrome: are stimulants safe? Curr Neurol Neurosci Rep 2003; 3:285–288 [G]

https://psychiatryonline.org/pb/assets/raw/sitewide/practice_guidelines/guidelines/ocd.pdf

I made a thread a year ago about my OCD and how severe it has gotten. I’m still pretty much in the same place and it’s gotten to the point that I’m seriously considering meds.

I have a big surgery coming up in a few weeks so I can’t start now (SSRIs increase risk of bleeding), but I will most likely start as soon as I can post op.

My Psychiatrist would like me to start on Prozac or Luvox.

My biggest concerns are the sexual sides, I already have a shitty drive being on trt after coming off all the stuff I was on before my liver complications. (Never felt the same since then).
I’m really afraid I won’t be able to ever get an erection again, especially after reading about PSSD (Post Ssri Sexual Dysfunction) which in majority of cases seems to be permanent.

Any experience with antidepressants/SSRIs use please post below, can be about anything related to them. Weight gain, performance in the gym, etc.
Adding cabergoline with your SSRI may be what you need to improve libido since that type of medication can increase prolactin levels and lower dopamine.

I will mention the following substance that has helped me in dealing with OCD, and although some might find it unlikely, there is some limited support in the scientific literature for the use of this substance in treating OCD:

Dexedrine (D-amphetamine)

As odd as it may seem, when I take Dexedrine or Adderall, it seems to minimize many of the intrusive thoughts in my head, and help me to focus on whatever I am trying to do, without the distraction of my usual OCD rituals. Obviously, the use of amphetamine can raise anxiety in people. And it's impossible to use at night time, or I will never get to sleep. But the use of Dexedrine and other amphetamines during the day does seem to help me shut out the intrusive thoughts and behaviors, and help me focus on whatever I am doing.

It is certainly not the favored treatment for OCD, which are of course the SSRI's. But Dexedrine does seem to help me and some others, and it doesn't have the same libido problems as the SSRI's. If anything, it enhances my libido, although it does make it more difficult to get an erection while using it.

Your mileage may vary, as it does for any other substance. Use at your own risk, or don't.

“D-Amphetamine 30 mg, studied in a single-dose, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial, was associated with a significant decrease in self-rated symptoms about 6 hours after the dose, independently of effects on mood (184). D-Amphetamine had an acute anti-OCD effect in 11 of 12 subjects (92%). With placebo, neither the self-ratings nor the blinded observer’s ratings decreased significantly. Two patients continued D-amphetamine at a dose of 10–20 mg/day for “several weeks” with continued response. In a small (n=11), double-blind, placebo-controlled, crossover study of single doses of methylphenidate 40 mg and D-amphetamine 30 mg, both taken orally, the latter drug was associated with a significantly greater reduction in OCD symptom rating than was placebo (185). Five of the 11 subjects (45%) had a ≥50% decrease in their OCD scores after D-amphetamine, two (18%) after methylphenidate, and only one (9%) after placebo. In both studies, the decrease in OCD symptoms was independent of mood effects. Open-label methylphenidate, 40 mg once orally, produced no significant effect on OCD or mood 4 hours later in a small study (n=13), although four patients had a 50% decrease in an OCD rating scale score (489). Case reports exist of OCD benefit after treating co-occurring attention-deficit disorder with stimulants. The presence of tics or Tourette’s disorder does not contraindicate the use of stimulants to treat ADHD co-occurring with OCD, although methylphenidate appears to be better tolerated in this situation than D-amphetamine (490).”

184. Insel TR, Hamilton JA, Guttmacher LB, Murphy DL: D-Amphetamine in obsessive-compulsive disorder. Psychopharmacology (Berl) 1983; 80:231–235 [A]

185. Joffe RT, Swinson RP, Levitt AJ: Acute psychostimulant challenge in primary obsessive-compulsive disorder. J Clin Psychopharmacol 1991; 11:237–241 [A]

489. Joffe RT, Swinson RP: Methylphenidate in primary obsessive-compulsive disorder. J Clin Psychopharmacol 1987; 7:420–422

490. Kurlan R: Tourette’s syndrome: are stimulants safe? Curr Neurol Neurosci Rep 2003; 3:285–288 [G]

https://psychiatryonline.org/pb/assets/raw/sitewide/practice_guidelines/guidelines/ocd.pdf
I didn't know this yet about Dexamphetamine but I can't say I'm surprised neither. It's overall a very good drug/med when you keep the dosage at a therapeutic level and don't go upping it to get high.

I used to love it when I still had it available to me. Now I'm stuck with the much less effective Methylphenidate 🤬

Adding cabergoline with your SSRI may be what you need to improve libido since that type of medication can increase prolactin levels and lower dopamine.
This would definitely help yes but good luck getting it prescribed for this purpose. Most physicians aren't this open-minded unfortunately.

I tried to respond to Jeroen's post, but for some reason PM won't let me.

Anyway, I believe that amphetamines can be very effective drugs for a wide variety of purposes, although I also know from personal experience that they do have great potential for abuse. I am trying to be the responsible guy using amphetamines to be more productive in my professional and personal life, although in the past I have also been the reckless drug dealer abusing huge quantities of Adderall and other stimulants to stay up for days on end, taking care of business. So I am trying to walk that fine line and use it for it's intended purpose, but my appetite for self-destruction may catch up to me yet.

It always amuses me to see bodybuilders using all kinds of bizarre pre-workout supplements, with all kinds of stimulants in them that are not very well researched, and the side effects questionable at best. Why not just use the basics that are well-researched and have been around for decades, like amphetamines? I would much rather use a low dose of Dexedrine to get up for a workout, than some powder in a can labeled Dark Wrath or Berserk Rage or whatever, with who knows what stimulants in it.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Pdx236
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws