over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Ant's Contest Log

GetYucked

Registered
Well, decided to make one of these and see where it leads me.

I'm 32 years old, competed once and self-taught 99% of what I know. I'm a licensed CPA, historically I've worked in public accounting, but was recently let go. Bodybuilding and that job don't go well together, if anyone knows folks that work public accounting, I'm certain I look like I don't belong :0. So I've made a career change and switched over to personal training out of local gym. Already picked up 2/3 diet clients and I've not really advertised, so hoping it goes well.
Most of what I know comes from members on this board like Stewie - reading his posts makes my head spin... John Meadows, Evan C, Matt Harris, and Fouad Abiad's guests on his podcasts. I'll basically listen to any video I can while doing cardio. There are certainly people much more qualified and smarter than me in this field; I'll never claim to be the smartest or best, but I'm very detailed, while being lenient in my diet choices for myself/clients. I started lifting with my dad when I was 12, and being able to get up every day and be in a gym is what makes me happy.

Next show should be around November 14 in Kansas City, it's local to me so I'll stick with that while I try and nail down my peaking. I will be hiring someone for the last 6-8 weeks of this prep to help me peak, last time I was so stressed and worried that it honestly impacted me. I looked a lot better at 8-10 days out than I did on stage.

One pic is around 259 lbs from a few days ago, and the other photo is pre-contest, sometime around October 2019. 5'9" for those wondering. Main focal point for the next 18 months will be legs, legs, and more legs. My legs have definitely improved since this time last prep, I'm 13 lbs lighter and bigger legs, so I'm happy with that. I carry most of my fat in my chest/stomach.

I will update this as time goes on with training, diet, and answer any questions folks may have

Had arms recently, diet is as follows for that day

M1: 4 whole eggs, 6 whites, salsa, diced peppers, topped with 50g avocado
M2: 8 oz chicken, 1c greens
M3: 6 oz beef, 1c greens
M4: - Pre meal - 200g egg whites (most of the time I just drink them), Rice N Grinds - 1.5 servings, 1/2 serving of peanut butter
Intra: 30g carbs from gaterade
M5: - Post - 2 scoops protein, 1 large apple
M6: 8 oz chicken, 1c greens
M7: 1 whole egg, 6 whites, 1/2 oz mixed nuts

Highlight of the lift had to be close grip - did 275 x 15, paused each rep and followed with 315 x 12.

Today is an off day, tomorrow is legs. Will pin GH 1 hour before gym, and slin after meal 1, around 25 mins before gym, and after. Friday will be a medium carb day (arms are low). Diet for tomorrow is along the same lines, I just ramp up the carbs big time, right at 600.

M1: 2 eggs, 6 whites, salsa, peppers, avocado, 1 c oats, 75g blueberry, 6 oz OJ - slin with or immediately after
M2: 6 oz chicken, 200g rice, 1/2 cup greens
M3: Pre - 200g egg whites, 2 servings rice N grinds, 1/2 pb, 6 oz OJ. - slin
Intra: 30g carbs from gatorade
M4: 2 scoops whey, 1 large apple, 6 rice cakes or 6 oz OJ - slin
M5: 6 oz chicken, 200g rice
M6: 6 oz ground beef, 200g sweet potatoe
M7: 1 whole egg, 6 whites, 1/2 oz mixed nuts

Most of what I know comes from members on this board like Stewie - reading his posts makes my head spin... John Meadows, Evan C, Matt Harris, and Fouad Abiad's guests on his podcasts. I'll basically listen to any video I can while doing cardio. There are certainly people much more qualified and smarter than me in this field; I'll never claim to be the smartest or best, but I'm very detailed, while being lenient in my diet choices for myself/clients.

Not that i'm discouraging you from chasing your goals, but this is the definition of confirmation bias. What do you offer these people couldn't get from podcasts? What if something doesnt work for someone, how do you address this issue?

Not that i'm discouraging you from chasing your goals, but this is the definition of confirmation bias. What do you offer these people couldn't get from podcasts? What if something doesnt work for someone, how do you address this issue?

Disagree. I don't google "I'mright.com" until I find information that supports what I currently believe to be true. The last 10 years I've been figuring out what works for myself, friends, and close family members.

What do I offer? A sense of direction, encouragement, someone to hold folks accountable. I've seen the diets/services that some of the local guys provide, as well as some of the bigger named prep coaches that are very well known, and quite frankly, it's a shit service. If everyone had the drive and motivation to apply what they have learned, people would look a lot better.

My initial client base right now is three people who really need help with structuring a diet for their daily life, some guidance and correction on exercise execution, and a lot of motivation. A couple of these guys had diets that consisted of 3 eggs for breakfast, deli meat for lunch, salsa and chips for dinner, and oreo's for a snack.

Finished the first time trying the diet above for leg day, all is well so far, food volume was a little much but we made it through perfectly fine. Had a pretty damn good workout; highlights were :

Banded Horizontal leg press - sets of 15-20 up to a top set of 4.5 pps for 12.
Banded Hacks - top set of 7 pps x 9; drop to 5 pps x 12; drop to 3pps x 15
DB SLDL - Working sets up to 150's for two sets of 15.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Michael_
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws