over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Anxiety and Health

Lots of good info in here guys. Some of the takeaways:

- Try to find someway to distract yourself in a positive manner.
- Seek help from loved ones who truly understand.
- Avoid chemical dependencies if possible.
- Therapy can help, but you have to work at it.
- Religion and spirituality can have positive effects.
- Find positive affirmations whenever possible.

I was diagnosed with anxiety and panic disorder around 25. It runs in the family but I'm pretty sure it was accelerated by my high tren usage at the time as well as ecstasy use during my party years. Anyways, it was horrendous in terms of panic attacks, heart palpitation etc... What made it worse was, I got my first panic attack while I was working out. Hence every time I worked out it would happen. My heart rate would go up to 200bpm. I knew I wasn't going to die but it felt like I was definitely going to die lol. Was put on many different meds by general practitioners to solve the issue and in most cases I either ended up depressed or homicidal. After about six months of dealing with that shit, I finally got with a reputable psychiatrist and was put on low dosage of paxil. It took about 3 months but everything was normalized. Now I've been on paxil for the past 13 years. Still get slight hints of anxiety if there is a lot of stress but overall I feel great.

The things that have been mentioned like stress control, spirituality, therapy definitely helps but all depends on your genetics as to how much they will help like anything else in life. If you decide or have the need to go the pharmaceutical route all I can say is make sure you find a good psychiatrist. They may be expensive and might not even accept insurance but it will be money well spent. Trust me.

I was diagnosed with anxiety and panic disorder around 25. It runs in the family but I'm pretty sure it was accelerated by my high tren usage at the time as well as ecstasy use during my party years. Anyways, it was horrendous in terms of panic attacks, heart palpitation etc... What made it worse was, I got my first panic attack while I was working out. Hence every time I worked out it would happen. My heart rate would go up to 200bpm. I knew I wasn't going to die but it felt like I was definitely going to die lol. Was put on many different meds by general practitioners to solve the issue and in most cases I either ended up depressed or homicidal. After about six months of dealing with that shit, I finally got with a reputable psychiatrist and was put on low dosage of paxil. It took about 3 months but everything was normalized. Now I've been on paxil for the past 13 years. Still get slight hints of anxiety if there is a lot of stress but overall I feel great.

The things that have been mentioned like stress control, spirituality, therapy definitely helps but all depends on your genetics as to how much they will help like anything else in life. If you decide or have the need to go the pharmaceutical route all I can say is make sure you find a good psychiatrist. They may be expensive and might not even accept insurance but it will be money well spent. Trust me.
I've also gotten panic attacks during workouts. It typically only happens when my body needs a deload and cortisol is through the roof. Worst feeling ever!

How are you know with the meds? Are you back to your normal self? Like is there certain things you can’t do that will bring in the anxiety ?

My dr wants me stop taking my Levothyroxine for 8 weeks to see if that’s the cause...if that doesn’t help we will go the therapy/meds route.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How are you know with the meds? Are you back to your normal self? Like is there certain things you can’t do that will bring in the anxiety ?

My dr wants me stop taking my Levothyroxine for 8 weeks to see if that’s the cause...if that doesn’t help we will go the therapy/meds route.

I've been stable and doing really well for a long while now. I can do everything I used to be able to do. No issues. As a matter of fact I think I'm a bit more 'careless' if that makes sense. I don't make a big deal out of things and handle situations much better. It's a part of what paxil does. It does tap into your ambition/drive a little but it's manageable. For some people they can get off the drugs and be fine after a certain amount of time. For other that's not the case and they need to stay on it for life.

I've been stable and doing really well for a long while now. I can do everything I used to be able to do. No issues. As a matter of fact I think I'm a bit more 'careless' if that makes sense. I don't make a big deal out of things and handle situations much better. It's a part of what paxil does. It does tap into your ambition/drive a little but it's manageable. For some people they can get off the drugs and be fine after a certain amount of time. For other that's not the case and they need to stay on it for life.

Thanks man, that’s inspiring to hear and will motivate me . I’ve been not myself for over two years and felt like throwing in the towel already.

I really feel for all you guys. My dad is in the same boat with panic attacks. He had open heart surgery 20+ years ago, and still suffers to this day even after numerous tests on his heart showing he is fine.

My issue is different. I wouldn't call it depression, but unless I have something specifically planned to do for every hour I'm not sleeping, I feel kind of "Let Down". Its like I don't have that next thing to look forward to, then I'm just not interested or excited.

My wife tells me that I don't really know how to relax and its true. If I have a day off with nothing planned, I would rather be at work.

But if I am immersed in something and already know that I have the next project/job/ anything really such as washing the cars or mowing the grass ....then I'm content. Maybe its more OCD than anything, but I can't turn my mind off.

If I'm awake, I have to have something occupying my time.

Sent from my LG-H871 using Tapatalk

Going to vent a little here about my own anxiety and how unsatisfactory health makers have caused it to worsen... bare with me lol.

I suffered from anxiety for several years and it developed into full blown panic disorder. It was awful. I got it under control, and believe it or not, low T actually caused many of my symptoms. Once I got my levels normal, I felt like a million bucks! Things were great. Fast forward to a year and a half later, and finances started to cause some distress. My career began to put a lot of pressure on me, and the anxiety started to rear its ugly head again, though not nearly as bad as it had been in the past. HOWEVER, I had my hemoglobin and hematocrit get out of control after treating iron deficiency anemia, and it had me very concerned. This caused health related anxiety. The doc did an EKG and listened to my heart. He said everything is good and healthy. Didn't even want me to donate blood (but I did anyway). Got it down from 56.7 to 51. I bought an at home hematocrit tester and it claims I'm around 48-49 right now. Still, the anxiety surmounts. Every time I feel anxious I think "this is it. I'm going to have a heart attack!" Obviously, most of it is the anxiety (possibly all of it), but it's getting very hard to kick this feeling. My doctor seems to think I'm fine, but I can't switch doctors (insurance went to crap and we have no choice in our providers anymore).

Has anyone dealt with something similar?

Just remember two things
1) the anxiety in moderation is good for you, it shows you care about things, if you werent dealing with anxiousness it likely means somethings not important to you
2) its about framing the situation, anything that helps you disect your thoughts in a different POV will likely aid in you taking control of your thoughts/actions
3) Always remember anger and sadness are just confusion, there's almost nothing to truly be sad or angry about, just remember how life works, we're here today gone tomorrow

Youre a great guy STAR, hope you get this in control

Are we related, bro? Lol. I actually have IBS as well, and gastritis. Not nearly as severe as yours, but I think they go hand in hand with anxiety. I've been in and out of the hospital for GI issues in the past, and it's certainly not fun, nor is it easy for docs to pinpoint. The best OTC thing I've found is DGL licorice, but even that is sometimes hit or miss. Potatoes flare me up like no other, which sucks since I love me some sweets.

Glad to know that there are more and more brothers out here dealing with the woes of anxiety. I appreciate your input, HH!

Damn same issue stomech related, the constant aches in the gut would get me tripping, had so many tests done cameras down me and up me lol all clear, i suffered from the most horrible panic attack i thought this was it i was going to die just had no control over anything, paramedics arrived and wer telling me its just a panic attack after that every other day i would suffer an attack, its been almost 7 years and it comes and goes this nasty feeling in the pit of my stomech i start feeling my heartbeat more than usual etc, iv had my heart rate checked whilst i was feeling rather anxious and suprisingly it was normal within range nothing unusual which gave me peace of mind.

As someone suggested Ashwaghanda is a great tool however i have just come of them for a week and im feeling terrible again it plays on the same recepters as anti depressants and personally should never be stopped cold turkey tapering of might work which i will try.

Few other issues for me are trying new things like supplements etc nothing suits me i just get anxious over them (caffeine) its all in the mind as many have said i just try and ask myself why i feel anxious when theres no reason then I just try and relax or try and do things to forget about it which isnt easy. I hope for all those who are goong through this feeling the best of luck and its great thats its being discussed sometimes talking about it does help.

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sickxlost
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws