over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Anxiety and Health

XstarchildX

Banned
Going to vent a little here about my own anxiety and how unsatisfactory health makers have caused it to worsen... bare with me lol.

I suffered from anxiety for several years and it developed into full blown panic disorder. It was awful. I got it under control, and believe it or not, low T actually caused many of my symptoms. Once I got my levels normal, I felt like a million bucks! Things were great. Fast forward to a year and a half later, and finances started to cause some distress. My career began to put a lot of pressure on me, and the anxiety started to rear its ugly head again, though not nearly as bad as it had been in the past. HOWEVER, I had my hemoglobin and hematocrit get out of control after treating iron deficiency anemia, and it had me very concerned. This caused health related anxiety. The doc did an EKG and listened to my heart. He said everything is good and healthy. Didn't even want me to donate blood (but I did anyway). Got it down from 56.7 to 51. I bought an at home hematocrit tester and it claims I'm around 48-49 right now. Still, the anxiety surmounts. Every time I feel anxious I think "this is it. I'm going to have a heart attack!" Obviously, most of it is the anxiety (possibly all of it), but it's getting very hard to kick this feeling. My doctor seems to think I'm fine, but I can't switch doctors (insurance went to crap and we have no choice in our providers anymore).

Has anyone dealt with something similar?

man, panic attacks are no joke. worst feeling in the world, and i hope like hell you get some help, man.

Going to vent a little here about my own anxiety and how unsatisfactory health makers have caused it to worsen... bare with me lol.

I suffered from anxiety for several years and it developed into full blown panic disorder. It was awful. I got it under control, and believe it or not, low T actually caused many of my symptoms. Once I got my levels normal, I felt like a million bucks! Things were great. Fast forward to a year and a half later, and finances started to cause some distress. My career began to put a lot of pressure on me, and the anxiety started to rear its ugly head again, though not nearly as bad as it had been in the past. HOWEVER, I had my hemoglobin and hematocrit get out of control after treating iron deficiency anemia, and it had me very concerned. This caused health related anxiety. The doc did an EKG and listened to my heart. He said everything is good and healthy. Didn't even want me to donate blood (but I did anyway). Got it down from 56.7 to 51. I bought an at home hematocrit tester and it claims I'm around 48-49 right now. Still, the anxiety surmounts. Every time I feel anxious I think "this is it. I'm going to have a heart attack!" Obviously, most of it is the anxiety (possibly all of it), but it's getting very hard to kick this feeling. My doctor seems to think I'm fine, but I can't switch doctors (insurance went to crap and we have no choice in our providers anymore).

Yes. I've suffered from acute panic attacks off and on for the last 15 years. I don't have a ton of time to chime in, but just know you will be ok. They come and go. They won't kill you and at the end of the day try and keep your mind busy with something you enjoy doing. For me other than the GYM I listen to music and draw or watch some old school movies etc.

Your not alone and speaking up about it is the first step in having others give you positive feedback.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

man, panic attacks are no joke. worst feeling in the world, and i hope like hell you get some help, man.
You're not kidding. I've heard everything from, "You just need to relax." to, "Just take a few deep breaths." People who have never actually experienced a full blown panic attack cannot even relate. It's just otherworldly. Scary as all heck! I'm glad to know I'm not alone.

Yes. I've suffered from acute panic attacks off and on for the last 15 years. I don't have a ton of time to chime in, but just know you will be ok. They come and go. They won't kill you and at the end of the day try and keep your mind busy with something you enjoy doing. For me other than the GYM I listen to music and draw or watch some old school movies etc.

Your not alone and speaking up about it is the first step in having others give you positive feedback.

If you ever have time, I may have to pick your brain a bit. I keep telling myself that it isn't my heart and it's just stress/anxiety, but I know EKG's are only so effective. They can only tell you if something happened then and there or if you've had a recent issue. I got some medical mary j which definitely helps when I get the right strain, but I can't smoke before the gym or at work lol.

Believe it or not, anxiety and fear is a spiritual thing.

U need to deal with it spiritually.

Bro,

I went though this about 13 years ago and its not a good feeling. That being said until your life gets put back together you wont truely feel better.
Stay away from any type of AAS unless its TRT under doc supervision.
You need to work out and swimming and walks are great.
You need to have a support system, family, friends or a support group or better yet a caring girl.
Lastly you most likely need aggressive therapy with medicine and talk.
I was put on 20mg Lexapro and 150 mg Effexsor. As things calmed down in a few month the weened off the Effexsor and eventually down to 10 mg Lexapro and later nothing. With that combination of medicine i could feel bad no matter what but you have to tough it out for 4 weeks until the meds start to fully work.
It wont kill you but its a horrible feeling. You need a good doctors and have to be patient until meds start to work,

The voices of fear will constantly come and speak lies to you.

You need the Holy Spirit to guide you. He's the comforter.

I'm a very active Christian and it certainly helps, but doesn't erase it entirely :(.

It will not completely erase it, because its a constant battle. The energy will constantly lie and oppress you. The enemy will give u depression.

I'm a very active Christian and it certainly helps, but doesn't erase it entirely :(.

Some words of note:

Read the following (a) and read it again and then read it again until it sinks in ok:

a) i bet any money you feel fine when you are lifting dont you? But then when you sit around and ponder this is where the health anxiety comes about. If you had something majorly wrong with you IT DOESNT EBB AND FLOW it is constant!....You would feel like crap inside the gym while you were lifting and also outside the gym...it would be 24/7...and i bet any money you dont feel like that....its times of anxiety you feel like that and when you are busy or lifting or doing something that preoccupies your mind....you feel fine. Take that for the weight that it holds. Again you would feel like shite 24/7 if it was true and you dont! If something was majorly wrong with you, it wouldnt come and go...it would be a constant!

b) I highly recommend going down to Vitamin Shoppe today and buying this **broken link removed** take 4 in the morning and 4 at nite for the first few weeks and then back off to 2 and 2. It WILL take the edge off and you wont get too up or down...it will keep you in a tight parameter of non anxiety and non depression and youll start feeling like your old self again.....

c) there is always a ying to the yang....Do you know a massive amount of people in Colorado have higher than normal hematocrit and hemoglobin....do you know how many bodybuilders there are in Colorado? A ton. Yet if i remember right Colorado is either THE or one of THE heart healthiest states in the nation....food for thought. Dr Neal Rouzier just might be right in all of this....

Last edited:
It will not completely erase it, because its a constant battle. The energy will constantly lie and oppress you. The enemy will give u depression.
You're right. We actually touched on this at bible study last weekend. Thanks for the reminder!

I read about anxiety and panic attacks every week on this board.

Please speak to a therapist (psychologist). More often than not they can get your anxiety and panic attacks under control.

Some words of note:

Read the following (a) and read it again and then read it again until it sinks in ok:

a) i bet any money you feel fine when you are lifting dont you? But then when you sit around and ponder this is where the health anxiety comes about. If you had something majorly wrong with you IT DOESNT EBB AND FLOW it is constant!....You would feel like crap inside the gym while you were lifting and also outside the gym...it would be 24/7...and i bet any money you dont feel like that....its times of anxiety you feel like that and when you are busy or lifting or doing something that preoccupies your mind....you feel fine. Take that for the weight that it holds. Again you would feel like shite 24/7 if it was true and you dont! If something was majorly wrong with you, it wouldnt come and go...it would be a constant!

b) I highly recommend going down to Vitamin Shoppe today and buying this **broken link removed** take 4 in the morning and 4 at nite for the first few weeks and then back off to 2 and 2. It WILL take the edge off and you wont get too up or down...it will keep you in a tight parameter of non anxiety and non depression and youll start feeling like your old self again.....

c) there is always a ying to the yang....Do you know a massive amount of people in Colorado have higher than normal hematocrit and hemoglobin....do you know how many bodybuilders there are in Colorado? A ton. Yet if i remember right Colorado is either THE or one of THE heart healthiest states in the nation....food for thought. Dr Neal Rouzier just might be right in all of this....
Honestly a life saver here. That first part is true. I feel great when I'm lifting (other than when I need a deload, but that's a seperate topic). Thanks for the info :D. Going to keep my head up and push on. Thank you sir.

I struggle with day to day anxiety as well. Have since I was a teenager. And the last few years ive been suffering from gastrointestinal issues that may be related to my ibs, but no one can seem to pinpoint it. It causes me crippling stomach pain/bloating with sulphurous burps along with 24 hour diarrhea. This happened about once a week for a year and I was hospitalized for four days once with it. They almost removed my appendix because it was swollen, but so was my small bowel and my liver and pretty much everything else. They came to the conclusion that im dumping excess amounts of bile into my intestinal tract(due to no gallbladder) and gave me a medication that is supposed to help. I thought it was but 2 months later the issue came back. I fought for months with my insurance to get a prescription for an antibiotic that acts only in the intestinal tract and this completely cleared me up. Well about 3 months later I had a similar issue happen yesterday. My wife was ill too though so im hoping maybe a bug? But basically...this thing was so debilitating that I worried constantly when the next bout of it would be. It skyrocketed my already high anxiety and now im worried that it may come back again. So I totally understand what youre feeling on the medical anxiety

I struggle with day to day anxiety as well. Have since I was a teenager. And the last few years ive been suffering from gastrointestinal issues that may be related to my ibs, but no one can seem to pinpoint it. It causes me crippling stomach pain/bloating with sulphurous burps along with 24 hour diarrhea. This happened about once a week for a year and I was hospitalized for four days once with it. They almost removed my appendix because it was swollen, but so was my small bowel and my liver and pretty much everything else. They came to the conclusion that im dumping excess amounts of bile into my intestinal tract(due to no gallbladder) and gave me a medication that is supposed to help. I thought it was but 2 months later the issue came back. I fought for months with my insurance to get a prescription for an antibiotic that acts only in the intestinal tract and this completely cleared me up. Well about 3 months later I had a similar issue happen yesterday. My wife was ill too though so im hoping maybe a bug? But basically...this thing was so debilitating that I worried constantly when the next bout of it would be. It skyrocketed my already high anxiety and now im worried that it may come back again. So I totally understand what youre feeling on the medical anxiety
Are we related, bro? Lol. I actually have IBS as well, and gastritis. Not nearly as severe as yours, but I think they go hand in hand with anxiety. I've been in and out of the hospital for GI issues in the past, and it's certainly not fun, nor is it easy for docs to pinpoint. The best OTC thing I've found is DGL licorice, but even that is sometimes hit or miss. Potatoes flare me up like no other, which sucks since I love me some sweets.

Glad to know that there are more and more brothers out here dealing with the woes of anxiety. I appreciate your input, HH!

Are we related, bro? Lol. I actually have IBS as well, and gastritis. Not nearly as severe as yours, but I think they go hand in hand with anxiety. I've been in and out of the hospital for GI issues in the past, and it's certainly not fun, nor is it easy for docs to pinpoint. The best OTC thing I've found is DGL licorice, but even that is sometimes hit or miss. Potatoes flare me up like no other, which sucks since I love me some sweets.

Glad to know that there are more and more brothers out here dealing with the woes of anxiety. I appreciate your input, HH!

Anxiety definitely makes mine worse. Im trying to manage it with some anti anxiety meds and other stuff. Right now the current diagnosis is I have bile acid malabsorption along with ibs

Anxiety definitely makes mine worse. Im trying to manage it with some anti anxiety meds and other stuff. Right now the current diagnosis is I have bile acid malabsorption along with ibs
Wishing you the best of luck. I know it's tough, but if you have an understanding loved one, it always helps.

Thanks bud. Ive tried everything over the years. dgl licorice, turmeric, digestive enzymes, probiotics,prebiotics,ACV, peppermint oil, bentyl for intestinal spasms, amitryptiline for nerve pain in the stomach, anti depressants to help mitigate the anxiety, gas pills, I take cholestyramine to absorb the excess bile. Ive tried everything. Some of it helps for awhile...but then it always goes back. Over the last ten years its just slowly gotten worse and worse and no one can tell me what it is. I had my gallbladder removed(made it worse and now I cant eat fat) colonoscopy, endoscopy, multiple cat scans, mri's, radioactive gastric transit test. Even after all that my shit head GI doc still thought its just IBS and I need to manage my anxiety better. I found a new GI and she put me on that antibiotic which has made me feel better than ive felt in ten years!!! But now it seems like it may be coming back and quite frankly that terrifies me. I cant go back to living like that every couple days

I feel you, Going through this now. Took me a few years to realize it was anxiety and not some medical condition. See thread I started .....basically spent a full year thinking my thyroid was causing me all these symptoms. Like someone said, if it really was a medical condition you’d always feel like crap. Good luck, keep us posted.

I suffer some now with this too. What happens with me is I have an arrhythmia and then I start feeling every heart beat and then I take my pulse. All my senses are heightened and exaggerated at that point. Then I will feel like I cant breathe right. Terrible feeling. Worst thing is that I do have heart failure and I think what I have happen is a real problem, arrhythmia, comes on and then I can spiral into a panic attack. The arrhythmia usually doesn't last very long but it is enough to kick start things.

Before my heart attack I would have panic attacks like you every once in awhile. Now they are worse though because I fear my defibrillator is going to fire off and someday it may not be enough to bring me back and I will just plain die. Tom Pettty just died from having his heart stop. If he had a defibrillator like me he would still be here. Mine has saved me no less than 5 times.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
12cc
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131