advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Anxiety/Panic attacks and Bodybuilding...

I used to have those too. If I were you though I would get your heart checked out just to be safe. I never had an attack while lifting. Kinda would worry me if it happend after doing say a set of squats. It was after finishing my set of squats that I had my blood clot and then heart attack. Then about 1 1/2 months later I had an arrythmia after doing the squats. To me the fact that youre having those feelings when your heart rate is up is more than just a mental thing. There might be something physically wrong.
Mine would happen spontaneously for no reason, like the waking up in the night. I sometimes wonder if the night events were related to sleep apnea. Im going in 2 weeks to have a sleep study for that.

If you are taking T3, this is a common side effect. It is your body tellling you that you are taking too much. Hutch, Masteron is a good safe alternative for Tren.

Nah no T3...Im not taking very much, definitely moderate basic doses of only Test and EQ...

Were/are you taking anything with yohimbine HCL in it?

BTW-do you still do music?

I used to have those too. If I were you though I would get your heart checked out just to be safe. I never had an attack while lifting. Kinda would worry me if it happend after doing say a set of squats. It was after finishing my set of squats that I had my blood clot and then heart attack. Then about 1 1/2 months later I had an arrythmia after doing the squats. To me the fact that youre having those feelings when your heart rate is up is more than just a mental thing. There might be something physically wrong.
Mine would happen spontaneously for no reason, like the waking up in the night. I sometimes wonder if the night events were related to sleep apnea. Im going in 2 weeks to have a sleep study for that.

Mine started at night, they didnt start at the gym until about a month after...But i will still have everything checked out...

I was doing some research for a friend that was diagnosed with an enlarged heart...After reading some of the symptoms I started thinking oh shit maybe i have an enlarged heart, and of course my heart rate starts going up and i had a small attack then I had trouble getting to sleep because everytime I start to go to sleep id get another one...Finally i relaxed myself and was able to go to bed...its crazy how i can almost just send myself into one if i try hard enough...:eek:

Were/are you taking anything with yohimbine HCL in it?

BTW-do you still do music?

Ummm i ya, i think i tried Jet Fuel, oh big mistake...I have heard yohimbine can set them off so i have stayed away...I use to take the yohimbine caps with no issues before i started getting the attacks...

And yes I still do music...

Hey Hutch,

PM, Magnum on this board about it, the guy knows more about anxiety attacks than 99% of physicians out there, he'll help u out a ton with any problems.

The reason i say this is because earlier this summer, i was at costco and i thought i was having a heart attack, it was terrible, all the symptoms u described in ur first post in this thread. once i was better i talked to jim later that day and he really helped me out.

Good luck with this bro, and send me some pics :)

Hey Hutch,

PM, Magnum on this board about it, the guy knows more about anxiety attacks than 99% of physicians out there, he'll help u out a ton with any problems.

The reason i say this is because earlier this summer, i was at costco and i thought i was having a heart attack, it was terrible, all the symptoms u described in ur first post in this thread. once i was better i talked to jim later that day and he really helped me out.

Good luck with this bro, and send me some pics :)

Thanks Flex, Im gonna do this now...

Hutch

So a few months ago I get in bed and just as soon as I fall asleep I wake up with a rapid heart beat, cold sweats, kinda tingly, like a fight or flight type feeling...Turns out i had a panic attack...Now this just came out of nowhere...I have just as much stress at most people with a job and kids and all that...Its more of a hormonal thing I guess...So i have done a lot of research since then and that has really helped out a lot...It does however effect my bodybuilding because I cant take ephedrine or a lot of caffeine, sometimes I have to just not take anything with caffeine for a few days and let it clear my system...The fat burners trigger my attacks because they of course increase my heart rate which in turn makes me think im having an anxiety attack which then actually gives me an anxiety attack...Same thing goes with training sometimes, do a hard set and of course my chest pounds like it normally would after a hard set but sometimes it send me into a little attack, especially on legs, though i have become better at controlling them while training...No one ever notices i am having an attack, but i just become uncomfortable and feeling like im gonna jump out of my skin...I can take a little xanax if I have to but I am wondering if any of you suffer from this and how you handle it as far as with supplements and working out or even everyday life...

You described pretty much what I suffer with also. I cannot even touch clen, t-3, ephedrine etc. because it just makes my heart beat out of my chest (I hate it). I am having panic/anxiety big time right now (not on cycle just hrt) and I have been to the ER four times over the last 3 years and each time everything is good physically (good EKG, BP etc.). I am going to follow up with a stress echo and halter monitor but my doc said that they will most likely be normal but its a good idea to put my MIND at ease. Its amazing what your thoughts can to to you physically.

I have a lot of stress right now with job/family etc. too. I do drink two cups of coffee per day (I love it) but trying to cut down to just one small one. Alchohol is not good either. I think counseling, positive thinking (retrain your minds thoughts), prayer etc. is the best long term. If you cannot sleep, there are some meds that work great for me (Klonopin and atavan) for the attacks.
I know what you mean with the "fight or flight" response, its like addreneline surging when you are just sitting there (caused by your thoughts). I think a beta blocker may work in this regard because it blocks these receptors but have not tried these........

You described pretty much what I suffer with also. I cannot even touch clen, t-3, ephedrine etc. because it just makes my heart beat out of my chest (I hate it). I am having panic/anxiety big time right now (not on cycle just hrt) and I have been to the ER four times over the last 3 years and each time everything is good physically (good EKG, BP etc.). I am going to follow up with a stress echo and halter monitor but my doc said that they will most likely be normal but its a good idea to put my MIND at ease. Its amazing what your thoughts can to to you physically.

I have a lot of stress right now with job/family etc. too. I do drink two cups of coffee per day (I love it) but trying to cut down to just one small one. Alchohol is not good either. I think counseling, positive thinking (retrain your minds thoughts), prayer etc. is the best long term. If you cannot sleep, there are some meds that work great for me (Klonopin and atavan) for the attacks.
I know what you mean with the "fight or flight" response, its like addreneline surging when you are just sitting there (caused by your thoughts). I think a beta blocker may work in this regard because it blocks these receptors but have not tried these........

Yup sounds the same...I cant do alcohol either...I am thankful that right now I dont have trouble sleeping...I am definetly looking into the beta blocker...xanax works but after few hours its nap time...

I had a really bad one at my Daughters Track team banquet...I tried to take hyperdrive, big mistake...I start going in and out of attacks, that was the one time i had to really get a hold of myself cuz i felt like i wanted to just get up scream, like i was gonna go crazy...I made it thru though, but that hyperdrive took forever to leave my system, it was a ruff day...:st:r-wars

I too had it pretty bad at one time...I too figured it was a hormonal imbalance. I stopped taking things that I thought would cause this to happen...things cleared up fast.

When I came down to your neck of the woods, the night before I came back, I had to take 4 tabs of melatonin to get to sleep...then just before I left for the airport that morning, I took 3 more so I could crash on the plane. THose seemed to help me through that.

Recently I found out back then it was a combination of working at night and not being social, and some other things.

your body is constantly fighting to get back to homeostasis....we keep blocking that by adding caffeine, proprietary blends of stimulants, and a host of other things that bring our body to crash on us.

Regulate things and read your body...if you have to stop stimulants for a whilem then do so...your heart and mind will love you for it.

VODKA/REDBULLS are the worse for waking up and having some serious anxiety.

Hutch,

I have the same problems too bro. About two years ago, I had a big scare (almost went into cardic arrest). Every since then, I have had anxiety. As time goes on, it seems to get a little better. Once I did research, I was surprised at how many people had the same issue as well. Its werid how I went my whole life without any problems, and now every little thing that might happen (fast heart beat, really tired, elevated blood presssure) and attick will start. I got were I can handle most of them now and calm myself down. Before, they would get really bad and I would have to take a xanax.

Good luck bro

if i feel "weird" for no reason i use klonopin...form of xanax. works great and only use it when needed. nothing worse than a panic attack...

im right there with you bro.... i still remember my first panic attack when i was around 17 or 18 .... It came out of no where for no reason at all and i was bugging out... i got rushed to the hospital and the whoel nine yards... I got panic attacks religiously for months almost every day and multiple times a day and had no idea why and thought it would never go away.. After a million and one tests on my heart and bloodwork taken docs put me on zoloft first, and when i started feeling better i took myself off... big mistake...they put me on lexapro and i was a zombie... i told myself at that point i will do this naturally and on my own. after all the tests i convinced myself there was nothing physically wrong with me and it was all in my head.. that calmed me down alot however when i started to get anxious again i would tell myself. "If this is how i am going to die then let it be, stop fighting it....." it sounds really sick but it works... because when you start feeling like that you just become so afraid that you are going to die you get yourself even more worked up... Im obviously hear and healthy. For the most part and do on occasion get those old feelings again. i dont put them off as nothing i sit myself down and pay close attention to my symptoms. To be honest the day after a really hard chest workout when i am sore gets me a little anxious because i feel pain and think its related to my heart. If it were the old me i would think omg heart attack and bugg out.. JUST REMEMBER TO CLOSE UR EYES TAKE A DEEP BREATH and Relax!!!! YOUR MIND IS SUCH A POWERFUL THING meditation does wonders

GOOD LUCK BROOOOO
holla,
sound advice, nice work to truly conquer mind over body matter, thats hard to do.

Hutch,
here i go again with adrenal talk but its definitely adrenaline and cortisol related here obviously so why dont you get it checked out if you feel like dying,,,dont ask us meatheads here lol all you will get is 10-20 different answers and 10-20 answers that agree the other 10-20 answers...well not answers just replies.

and all your chmicals in the body arent helping either,

it could be whats called 'thyroid storm' or overactive adrenal gland reacting to under/over thyroid or under/over cortisol output

do you enjoy not knowing?

Who here feels that steroids were directly responsible for the panic attacks or bringing anxiety up to a pitch where it caused a full blown panic attack? I definitely feel steroids can cause this. Sure, we can talk about susceptibility but I'm sure there are many cases where this condition would never have developed if not for the steroids. I have heard arguments, from people who don't suffer from them, that "it's all in your head, it's not the steroids". As if the "head" wasn't part of the body. :D

There is nothing worse than a panic attack and if they are frequent it's like being in hell.

I know some people that had cardiomyopathy, ejection fraction of like 30%, and their ekg and halter monitor both tested out normal. It wasnt until they performed and ultrasound of the hear that they discovered the wall motion abnormalities of the heart and size problem. To me the ultrasound is the only sure fire way to know. The heart can have normal electrical activity but still have disease.

Remember everything can be cured Tru Proper Nutrition.

If your consumming something in your diet that your body doesnt like he will respond that way by trowing off different signals.

Make a journal and write how you feel about certain foods after you have eaten them.

I personally think Dairy products and Wheat products are harmful.

Just my 2c

I totally agree! I have delt with anxiety and depression for years. I recently cut milk and gluten out of my diet and my issues have all but dissappeared!!

Food is medicine.

I have had really bad anxiety as of late. I also wake up with the panic attacks, gasping for air with my heart pounding against my rib cage like a prisoner hell bent on escape. When this happens I use either clonezapam(klonopin) or alprazolam(xanax) and i come right down. Half a tab is usually more than enough for me to get back to sleep

I get them bad sometimes. They seem come often for a while & then I am ok for months. I had a bad one a few weeks ago after waking up at 2am. I had it so bad I had to walk for hrs. & did not get to bed till 5am. A few yrs ago I had them bad & did not know what it was, but now that I can recognise what is happening it is better. Mine are related to financhial concerns & are triggered by several things.

Who here feels that steroids were directly responsible for the panic attacks or bringing anxiety up to a pitch where it caused a full blown panic attack? I definitely feel steroids can cause this. Sure, we can talk about susceptibility but I'm sure there are many cases where this condition would never have developed if not for the steroids. I have heard arguments, from people who don't suffer from them, that "it's all in your head, it's not the steroids". As if the "head" wasn't part of the body. :D

There is nothing worse than a panic attack and if they are frequent it's like being in hell.

I def feel aas can agrovate the condition

AAS act as enforcers of all these psychosomatic disorders. In that way they may actually lead you to dealing with them so it CAN turn out well. Obviously that would not be a reason to start using them just to be clear :D

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
locoslave
NapsGear