over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Anxiety related nausea and ssri's

Cinder

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Okay so I've finally started taking a medication for my anxiety (lexapro)
I have a few questions after my ranting story...

Well for starters everytime I'm around people or in a vehicle (feeling trapped) I make sure I don't eat or drink anything. Yes...this means it's hard for me to go out to eat. After I eat, or even have a drink I'm worried that I'm gonna puke. The worry gets so bad that I feel like I need to puke. I don't feel sickly but the urge is desperate. I end up throwing up most of my lunch at the restaurant bathroom or outside of the car. It's a quick feeling of nausea that doesn't feel like I'm sick. It's very hard to explain. When an issue happens I try to chew gum or use a natural vix inhaler. Some times it works to temporarily stop me from puking. It seems when I get worried, my nose feels slightly congested. All this ends up making me wanna puke. I eat the same foods at home...and I'm completely fine. Therefore I usually have take out if going to a restaurant. Even if I eat and walk around outside I'm fine. It's me feeling I'm around people or trapped, and will embarrass myself that causes the odd feeling to vomit. Obviously I can't eat pre-work...or even drink pre-work out lol. Even water at the gym can cause any issue if I drink a whole shaker. In addition lol... I've always been sensitive to gross things like even the sound of someone hocking a loogie. All my siblings (and my dad) is this way.

So anyway...my doctor prescribed me lexapro for anxiety. It's only been two weeks and I'm even more nauseous now all day. I'm told that's normal but I've also read that too much serotonin causes nausea. So my questions...

1. Am I potentially making myself worse off by taking an ssri for anxiety related nausea?

2. Is there a better med for this type of anxiety related nausea?

I've posted many posts over the years thinking my constant nausea was related to aas, or allergies to food. With every change I get no where. The only time I get sick in my house, it's because I wonder if I ate too much, and will I puke. I end up pukeing because of the worry.

Help!

I like Effexor more than lexapro for anxiety. 75mg day here does better than 20mg lexapro for me

I've posted this in the proper section, yet haven't received anything. Hopefully y'all can help.

Okay so I've finally started taking a medication for my anxiety (lexapro)
I have a few questions after my ranting story...

Well for starters everytime I'm around people or in a vehicle (feeling trapped) I make sure I don't eat or drink anything. Yes...this means it's hard for me to go out to eat. After I eat, or even have a drink I'm worried that I'm gonna puke. The worry gets so bad that I feel like I need to puke. I don't feel sickly but the urge is desperate. I end up throwing up most of my lunch at the restaurant bathroom or outside of the car. It's a quick feeling of nausea that doesn't feel like I'm sick. It's very hard to explain. When an issue happens I try to chew gum or use a natural vix inhaler. Some times it works to temporarily stop me from puking. It seems when I get worried, my nose feels slightly congested. All this ends up making me wanna puke. I eat the same foods at home...and I'm completely fine. Therefore I usually have take out if going to a restaurant. Even if I eat and walk around outside I'm fine. It's me feeling I'm around people or trapped, and will embarrass myself that causes the odd feeling to vomit. Obviously I can't eat pre-work...or even drink pre-work out lol. Even water at the gym can cause any issue if I drink a whole shaker. In addition lol... I've always been sensitive to gross things like even the sound of someone hocking a loogie. All my siblings (and my dad) is this way.

So anyway...my doctor prescribed me lexapro for anxiety. It's only been two weeks and I'm even more nauseous now all day. I'm told that's normal but I've also read that too much serotonin causes nausea. So my questions...

1. Am I potentially making myself worse off by taking an ssri for anxiety related nausea?

2. Is there a better med for this type of anxiety related nausea?

I've posted many posts over the years thinking my constant nausea was related to aas, or allergies to food. With every change I get no where. The only time I get sick in my house, it's because I wonder if I ate too much, and will I puke. I end up pukeing because of the worry.

Help!

I just recently switched from lexapro to buspirone and am feeling much better. And no ED issues like the lexapro occasionally gave me. I do get nausea along with being stressed or anxious too

i take lexapro and buspirone and feel sane again.
my anxiety can be triggered by some things mainly i am highly sensitive to temperature. if i get hot watch out i will have an attack. also i become VERY picky about food. like can barely convince myself to eat then i go hypo and usually end up puking. i dont like enclosed places either. pretty much wont eat in a restaurant that doesnt have windows.
i hope you get better. anxiety suuuucks. no one can fully understand how bad it can be unless they been in it.
-F

my anxiety can be triggered by some things mainly i am highly sensitive to temperature. if i get hot watch out i will have an attack. also i become VERY picky about food. like can barely convince myself to eat then i go hypo and usually end up puking. i dont like enclosed places either. pretty much wont eat in a restaurant that doesnt have windows.
i hope you get better. anxiety suuuucks. no one can fully understand how bad it can be unless they been in it.
-F
Wow sounds so familiar

I just recently switched from lexapro to buspirone and am feeling much better. And no ED issues like the lexapro occasionally gave me. I do get nausea along with being stressed or anxious too
I thought buspirone was for temp use. Ill ask about that

20mg of lexapro made me a zombie and killed my sex drive.

10mg of lexapro is amazing.

for me everything was dosage related.

-F
I get the same way with food. If I start to have anxiety the Urey thing that happens is I don’t want to eat anything. Period

I HIGHLY suggest you look into Mirtazapine (Remeron) and check with your doctor about it. It is an atypical anti-depressant that has had noticeable effects on nausea in some cases.

If you do get put on it, please take it the night before a weekend or some time where you’ll have a day or two to stay home, you WILL feel like you are on a Benadryl megadose the first few days and even showering will be a task.

This goes away after a few days though, and it has an interesting property, where the higher the drug is dosed, the LESS sedating it is. So low doses are often used more for anxiety, but higher doses can be used to regulate more depressive type symptoms.

NOT a doctor, please consult with a professional. Best of luck man! Oh and as a plus, this is one of the few brain drugs with almost no incidents of sexual side effects.

I get the same way with food. If I start to have anxiety the Urey thing that happens is I don’t want to eat anything. Period
yup.
before i got on meds i was basically near non-functioning. i was having such bad bouts of anxiety, it went on for prob 3-4 weeks
i lost about 25 lbs in those weeks. combination of not eating, not working out.
i was so against taking meds for mental health, but finally convinced myself i have banged cow and horse roids in me so dont think an ssri should be against my moral code lol
Glad i got on the meds. my fave thing to do now is sleep. NOT cuz the meds make me sleepy i just love being able to be calm and relaxed.
-F

I think Mirtazapine which is used against both anxiety and as an anti-emetic (and for depression, ...) would be a better choice here yes.

I myself take it for anxiety and depression and have been for years so should you have any questions, just ask.

It also doesn't have the sexual side effects of the SRI's.

I just want to add my 2c

lithium orotate is OTC and worked better (for me) than: xanax, prozac, ativan, klonopin, zoloft , propranolol and god knows what else I was prescribed in my early 20s. When I heard lithium I immediately thought fuck that - thats what kurt cobain and the other cats were prescribed , but this is elemental lithium, read the reviews across amazon etc on all brands they are captivating and convincing. Reviews like "this gave me my life and family back" Not just "I feel better" Remember your doc does not reach that part of tier quota for drug company unless you stay on their drug that he happily prescribes.

for my bipolar and ptsd, anxiety is stepchild of ptsd for me that never goes away. Lithium orotate is CHEAP and there are studies in various towns across america where the suicide rate amongst other things is way lower due to higher traces of lithium in the tap water, one was in texas

some of the drugs I mentioned caused me sickening nausea, prozac and zoloft especially . I hope you find healing.

SSRIS mute people's personalities and identities. They dampen peoples light. My ex was on lexapro, it seemed to help her, she did not experience nausea

I just want to add my 2c

lithium orotate is OTC and worked better (for me) than: xanax, prozac, ativan, klonopin, zoloft , propranolol and god knows what else I was prescribed in my early 20s. When I heard lithium I immediately thought fuck that - thats what kurt cobain and the other cats were prescribed , but this is elemental lithium, read the reviews across amazon etc on all brands they are captivating and convincing. Reviews like "this gave me my life and family back" Not just "I feel better" Remember your doc does not reach that part of tier quota for drug company unless you stay on their drug that he happily prescribes.

for my bipolar and ptsd, anxiety is stepchild of ptsd for me that never goes away. Lithium orotate is CHEAP and there are studies in various towns across america where the suicide rate amongst other things is way lower due to higher traces of lithium in the tap water, one was in texas

some of the drugs I mentioned caused me sickening nausea, prozac and zoloft especially . I hope you find healing.

SSRIS mute people's personalities and identities. They dampen peoples light. My ex was on lexapro, it seemed to help her, she did not experience nausea
I’ve seen Shelby Starnes talk about the amazing benefits of lithium prorate. What is a good starting dose for someone with that?

Wow gents. Thank you so much

Do the
I think Mirtazapine which is used against both anxiety and as an anti-emetic (and for depression, ...) would be a better choice here yes.

I myself take it for anxiety and depression and have been for years so should you have any questions, just ask.

It also doesn't have the sexual side effects of the SRI's.
So the sleepy feeling wears off as mentioned above.

Read about methylation go see a good functional medince doctor that knows how to do it right also keep your hormones balanced

I suffered the EXACT same issue that you described except for actually throwing up. I’d have the nauseous feeling though because of my nerves.. It got to the point where I couldn’t go out to eat. If I tried to take a drink it was like my throat closed and I couldn’t even swallow. The same went for food. I’d barely eat anything and then people start asking questions. Like you aren’t hungry, is something wrong with the food, etc etc?

Like you I finally sought help for the anxiety issues. I tried Prozac first but it made me super sleepy. The next one I tried was Zoloft at 50mg daily. Helped probably 75%. So the doc upped my dose to 100mg daily. I’m probably 95% better. And if I kno I’ll be I crowded areas in advance I’m also prescribed Xanax. I take a 1mg tab along with my daily 100mg of Zoloft and I got my life back!

I feel your pain bro! People that don’t suffer from severe anxiety have no clue. I always recommend Zoloft since it’s what worked for me! I wish you well my man!

Cage

I suffered the EXACT same issue that you described except for actually throwing up. I’d have the nauseous feeling though because of my nerves.. It got to the point where I couldn’t go out to eat. If I tried to take a drink it was like my throat closed and I couldn’t even swallow. The same went for food. I’d barely eat anything and then people start asking questions. Like you aren’t hungry, is something wrong with the food, etc etc?

Like you I finally sought help for the anxiety issues. I tried Prozac first but it made me super sleepy. The next one I tried was Zoloft at 50mg daily. Helped probably 75%. So the doc upped my dose to 100mg daily. I’m probably 95% better. And if I kno I’ll be I crowded areas in advance I’m also prescribed Xanax. I take a 1mg tab along with my daily 100mg of Zoloft and I got my life back!

I feel your pain bro! People that don’t suffer from severe anxiety have no clue. I always recommend Zoloft since it’s what worked for me! I wish you well my man!

Cage
Zoloft gave me non stop tremors and made me feel like I wanted to kill myself

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear