over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Anxiety related nausea and ssri's

I take 5mg Buspirone AM / 10mg Buspirone PM
10mg Prozac AM

I was taking 20mg Citalopram, but sex drive was dead, so I switched to 20mg Paxil, sex drive same issues, I recently switched to 10mg Prozac I kept it lower and sex drive is good so far.

I took Cymbalta for years to help with anxiety and nerve pain from back injury, felt great but the sweating was horrible I decided to come off to see how things would go, Cymbalta was absolutely horrible to come off even tapering for months and months

Anxiety was bad again so that's when I started trying other SSRI's.

I think Mirtazapine which is used against both anxiety and as an anti-emetic (and for depression, ...) would be a better choice here yes.

I myself take it for anxiety and depression and have been for years so should you have any questions, just ask.

It also doesn't have the sexual side effects of the SRI's.
I was just prescribed this after discussing with doctor.
He's gonna start me on 15mg.

I was just prescribed this after discussing with doctor.
He's gonna start me on 15mg.
Good luck bro.

Definitely see it through those though first few weeks (mostly expect tiredness, hunger and possibly some agitation) because it will probably be worth it afterwards. A lot of people puss out before these meds start working properly 👍

But on Mirtazapine, the first few weeks are easy compared to the first few weeks on SRI's.

Should you have any more questions along the way, I'm here to help to the best of my ability.

Okay so I've finally started taking a medication for my anxiety (lexapro)
I have a few questions after my ranting story...

Well for starters everytime I'm around people or in a vehicle (feeling trapped) I make sure I don't eat or drink anything. Yes...this means it's hard for me to go out to eat. After I eat, or even have a drink I'm worried that I'm gonna puke. The worry gets so bad that I feel like I need to puke. I don't feel sickly but the urge is desperate. I end up throwing up most of my lunch at the restaurant bathroom or outside of the car. It's a quick feeling of nausea that doesn't feel like I'm sick. It's very hard to explain. When an issue happens I try to chew gum or use a natural vix inhaler. Some times it works to temporarily stop me from puking. It seems when I get worried, my nose feels slightly congested. All this ends up making me wanna puke. I eat the same foods at home...and I'm completely fine. Therefore I usually have take out if going to a restaurant. Even if I eat and walk around outside I'm fine. It's me feeling I'm around people or trapped, and will embarrass myself that causes the odd feeling to vomit. Obviously I can't eat pre-work...or even drink pre-work out lol. Even water at the gym can cause any issue if I drink a whole shaker. In addition lol... I've always been sensitive to gross things like even the sound of someone hocking a loogie. All my siblings (and my dad) is this way.

So anyway...my doctor prescribed me lexapro for anxiety. It's only been two weeks and I'm even more nauseous now all day. I'm told that's normal but I've also read that too much serotonin causes nausea. So my questions...

1. Am I potentially making myself worse off by taking an ssri for anxiety related nausea?

2. Is there a better med for this type of anxiety related nausea?

I've posted many posts over the years thinking my constant nausea was related to aas, or allergies to food. With every change I get no where. The only time I get sick in my house, it's because I wonder if I ate too much, and will I puke. I end up pukeing because of the worry.

Help!

I've personally never taken an SSRI yet, but...

My eldest stepdaughter, who has been diagnosed with MDD and PTSD and the eating disorder ARFID, also has this kind of anxiety-related nausea that makes her often vomit up her food. She has taken Lexapro and is currently on Prozac.

After she was recently hospitalized for severe anemia, the doctors prescribed her Zofran (ondansetron) as an anti-emetic. So far it has really helped her, and her nausea and vomiting problems have gone away.

When I had my bicep tendon surgery, I was sensitive to the anesthetic and felt like vomiting, so they prescribed prochlorperazine for me. That also helped me with my nausea.

You may want to look into having your doctors prescribe you either medication to control your nausea.

Best wishes, and I hope this helps you.

I've personally never taken an SSRI yet, but...

My eldest stepdaughter, who has been diagnosed with MDD and PTSD and the eating disorder ARFID, also has this kind of anxiety-related nausea that makes her often vomit up her food. She has taken Lexapro and is currently on Prozac.

After she was recently hospitalized for severe anemia, the doctors prescribed her Zofran (ondansetron) as an anti-emetic. So far it has really helped her, and her nausea and vomiting problems have gone away.

When I had my bicep tendon surgery, I was sensitive to the anesthetic and felt like vomiting, so they prescribed prochlorperazine for me. That also helped me with my nausea.

You may want to look into having your doctors prescribe you either medication to control your nausea.

Best wishes, and I hope this helps you.
prochlorperazine also helps with anxiety I'm reading

prochlorperazine also helps with anxiety I'm reading

I liked it; it helped with nausea from Melanotan II when I was taking that, so I think that or Zofran would be good additions for anyone who has nausea or anxiety.

Try GABA supplementation at 200-500 mg 2 times per day, am and pm. Start off with 200 mg per serving. Works amazing.

Actually have a friend and she is doing a PHD or Masters in Psychology specializing in stress and anxiety's effect on gut health.

A few years ago i was hospitalized probably 4-5 times with extreme vomiting, diarrhea and nausea. They were primarily looking at the possibility of bowel cancer as it very prominent in my family history.

After 5 months of testing and waiting it came down to stress and anxiety stemming from family and some personal issues.

To this day i still get an upset stomach with high amounts of stress or anxiety the first tell tale sign is i start burping and they have a distinct fishy type smell to them. Thats when i i know i have to take control of the situation. I tried lots of different things. A combination of CBT and occasionally 1mg of xanax sorts me out. Still occasionally i have to have a few days at home if my stress levels really peak.

Sounds very similar to what i was experiencing.

Good luck and i hope this helps

Actually have a friend and she is doing a PHD or Masters in Psychology specializing in stress and anxiety's effect on gut health.

A few years ago i was hospitalized probably 4-5 times with extreme vomiting, diarrhea and nausea. They were primarily looking at the possibility of bowel cancer as it very prominent in my family history.

After 5 months of testing and waiting it came down to stress and anxiety stemming from family and some personal issues.

To this day i still get an upset stomach with high amounts of stress or anxiety the first tell tale sign is i start burping and they have a distinct fishy type smell to them. Thats when i i know i have to take control of the situation. I tried lots of different things. A combination of CBT and occasionally 1mg of xanax sorts me out. Still occasionally i have to have a few days at home if my stress levels really peak.

Sounds very similar to what i was experiencing.

Good luck and i hope this helps
Damn man

Okay so I've finally started taking a medication for my anxiety (lexapro)
I have a few questions after my ranting story...

Well for starters everytime I'm around people or in a vehicle (feeling trapped) I make sure I don't eat or drink anything. Yes...this means it's hard for me to go out to eat. After I eat, or even have a drink I'm worried that I'm gonna puke. The worry gets so bad that I feel like I need to puke. I don't feel sickly but the urge is desperate. I end up throwing up most of my lunch at the restaurant bathroom or outside of the car. It's a quick feeling of nausea that doesn't feel like I'm sick. It's very hard to explain. When an issue happens I try to chew gum or use a natural vix inhaler. Some times it works to temporarily stop me from puking. It seems when I get worried, my nose feels slightly congested. All this ends up making me wanna puke. I eat the same foods at home...and I'm completely fine. Therefore I usually have take out if going to a restaurant. Even if I eat and walk around outside I'm fine. It's me feeling I'm around people or trapped, and will embarrass myself that causes the odd feeling to vomit. Obviously I can't eat pre-work...or even drink pre-work out lol. Even water at the gym can cause any issue if I drink a whole shaker. In addition lol... I've always been sensitive to gross things like even the sound of someone hocking a loogie. All my siblings (and my dad) is this way.

So anyway...my doctor prescribed me lexapro for anxiety. It's only been two weeks and I'm even more nauseous now all day. I'm told that's normal but I've also read that too much serotonin causes nausea. So my questions...

1. Am I potentially making myself worse off by taking an ssri for anxiety related nausea?

2. Is there a better med for this type of anxiety related nausea?

I've posted many posts over the years thinking my constant nausea was related to aas, or allergies to food. With every change I get no where. The only time I get sick in my house, it's because I wonder if I ate too much, and will I puke. I end up pukeing because of the worry.

Help!
1. You’re not making yourself worse by taking an SSRI, however; if your symptoms get worse then then talk to your doctor ASAP. Do know that treating nausea with SSRI's are difficult and might take an unexpected period trying different combination of medicines. Medication has a much higher rate of success combined with therapy for anxiety disorders. However, we are difficult to treat considering the compounds we take induce anxiety symptoms.

2. There are medications that are specifically for social anxiety (habit forming) and nausea to take only when you are in a setting that triggers your upset stomach.

3. Have you had a doctor look at your stomach. Overproduction of stomach acid can lead to nausea. We produce a consistent amount of stomach acid all day long and spikes when food enters the stomach.

4.Have you tried taking a xanax, valium, or ativan before entering settings that make you puke to see how it affects your ability to control your symptoms. And the same to a nausea medication. Not both at the same time. Start with one or the other first.

1. You’re not making yourself worse by taking an SSRI, however; if your symptoms get worse then then talk to your doctor ASAP. Do know that treating nausea with SSRI's are difficult and might take an unexpected period trying different combination of medicines. Medication has a much higher rate of success combined with therapy for anxiety disorders. However, we are difficult to treat considering the compounds we take induce anxiety symptoms.

2. There are medications that are specifically for social anxiety (habit forming) and nausea to take only when you are in a setting that triggers your upset stomach.

3. Have you had a doctor look at your stomach. Overproduction of stomach acid can lead to nausea. We produce a consistent amount of stomach acid all day long and spikes when food enters the stomach.

4.Have you tried taking a xanax, valium, or ativan before entering settings that make you puke to see how it affects your ability to control your symptoms. And the same to a nausea medication. Not both at the same time. Start with one or the other first.
I've not tried xanax or valium or ativan.
And I was thinking the same think with ssri's.
I did start taking mirtazapine 15mg daily, and so far no nausea or vomiting.

Thats great news!!!

When you have extreme anxiety or panic, your body reacts as though it's in mortal danger. You rarely are, but still, your hands and feet still get cold as your capillaries constrict to limit bleeding ("Are you getting cold feet?"), sometimes uncontrolled urination ("Scared me so bad, I pissed myself!") and sometimes evacuating the content of your bowels ("I nearly shit myself!") and stomach because those functions (like digestion) are not needed for your immediate survival.

But whether real or unreal, rational or irrational your body makes no distinction. For example, if you were to try climbing over barbed wire, it would be terribly painful. But if wild dogs were chasing you, nipping at your behind, you'd climb over that barbed wire and wouldn't feel anything. After you were safe, you'd start bleeding and you'd hurt all over. The reason is because the physical pain would make your immediate survival less likely at that deadly moment. So your brain just simply shuts it off. Necessary fear and irrational fear are physiologically identical.

Even reading the little you posted here it seems logical that this all comes back to a some degree of losing or failing to maintain control - control of your thoughts, your bodily functions, the situation. And honestly, panicking, fleeing, vomiting, are not pleasant to anyone. They are also functions most people attempt to control in social situations and we feel social embarrassment and anxiety, even scorned, if and when we can't or don't.

We can know this in your situation with a very high degree of probability because when you are taken out of that specific situation, or take yourself out, you are "free" (either in control, not in danger of losing control, or both) as you wrote you begin to feel much better when you go to the parking lot for a breather. That kind of knowledge can be gold for you because you know better what you're up against.

Likely you get anxious, the anxiety makes you queasy, the feeling of being about to vomit makes you panic, and then your gut finally does evacuate (or some version of this).

It's good you've found relief with the mirtazapine. Just knowing you can get relief is often enough to begin to train your brain through gradual exposure to those situations so you become more at ease and experience less discomfort and that everything will be okay. (Because it will in any case.)

You can teach yourself to have the freedom like you have in the parking lot whether inside the meeting, the restaurant, the car, etc. I don't know all the medications you're on but it sounds like you have something which will help you long term, along with something that provides relief in the short term. However, eventually you'll eventually have the desire to handle those situations by controlling yourself. The key word there is "control" once again. You have that ability. You simply have to learn it. You can't often control situations but you can control how you react to them.

This is all very treatable and I believe you'll be successful. But see a therapist. Someone mentioned CBT. Ask the doc about it.

With our physical training, we teach ourselves we can push through pain so gradually our fear of that pain is diminished. With mental training, each time we reach for medication, we are teaching our brains the medicine has the power, and less ourselves. You have that power and for now, medication is "giving you a spot", as we say. Ideally, you train yourself to find that power with little or no medication.

Best wishes for continued success!

OTH

When you have extreme anxiety or panic, your body reacts as though it's in mortal danger. You rarely are, but still, your hands and feet from get cold as your capillaries constrict ("Are you getting cold feet?"), sometimes uncontrolled urination ("Scared me so bad, I pissed myself!") and sometimes evacuating the content of your bowels ("I nearly shit myself!") and stomach/digestion.

All of these bodily functions are completely unnecessary for you to survive a life or death situation. Whether real or unreal, rational or irrational. For example, if you were to try climbing over barbed wire, it would be terribly painful. But if wild dogs were chasing you, nipping at your ass, you'd climb over that barbed wire and wouldn't feel anything. The reason is because the physical pain would make your immediate survival less likely at that deadly moment. So your brain just simply shuts it off. Necessary fear and irrational fear are all but physiologically identical.

Even reading the little you posted here it seems logical that this all comes back to a some degree of losing or failing to maintain control - control of your thoughts, your bodily functions, the situation. And honestly, panicking, fleeing, vomiting, are not pleasant. But they are also functions most people attempt to control in social situations and we feel social embarrassment and anxiety, even scorned, if and when we can't or don't.

We can know this in your situation with a very high degree of probability because when you are taken out of that specific situation, or take yourself out, you are "free" (either in control, not in danger of losing control, or both) as you wrote you begin to feel much better when you go to the parking lot for a breather. That kind of knowledge can be gold for you because you know better what you're up against.

Likely you get anxious, the anxiety makes you queasy, the feeling of being about to vomit makes you panic, and then your gut finally does evacuate (or some version of this).

It's good you've found relief with the mirtazapine. Just knowing you can get relief is often enough to begin to train your brain through gradual exposure to those situations so you become more at ease and experience less discomfort and that everything will be okay. (Because it will in any case.)

You can teach yourself to have the freedom like you have in the parking lot while inside the meeting, the restaurant, the car, etc. I don't know what medications you're on but it sounds like you have something which will help you long term along with something that provides relief in the short term. However, eventually you'll eventually have the desire to handle those situations by controlling them yourself. The key word there is "control" once again. You have that ability. You simply have to learn it.

This is all very treatable and I believe you'll be successful. But see a therapist. Someone mentioned CBT. Ask them about it. With our physical training, we teach ourselves we can push through pain so our fear of it is diminished. With mental training, each time we reach for medication, we are teaching ourselves the medicine has the power, and less ourselves. You have the power and for now, medication is "giving you a spot", as we say. Ideally, you find that power with little or no medication.

Best wishes for continued success!

OTH
Omg. This is amazingly helpful. Thank you so much man.

Omg. This is amazingly helpful. Thank you so much man.
I'm happy that it felt good to read. You have every reason to feel positive. What you're experiencing is very common. Even public speakers who speak so incredibly well, are often a wreck more than anyone before they get up there. But once they realize that eyeballs and ears among the audience can't hurt them, they collect themselves and go about communicating their information to the audience.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131