over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Anxiety

Been there. Tried SSRI's with little help. Im on a Buspar now and it has really helped. I have no side effects and have not had a panic attack at all. Sometimes you just have to try different things and see what works for you.

It is interesting that this thread has been revived b/c I just recently tried to do some doctor guided experimentation to try and get rid of the benzos completely but with the outcome and the very low amount I have been having to take lately, I am more comfortable taking one or 2 low dosed benzos than taking something ED, especially with how these SSRI's make me feel.

I was recently put on Lexapro (SSRI) after talking with my new doc (just moved) and mentioning that I have heard good things about it. Anyways the first week I was completely cracked out, and I mean CRACKED OUT! Felt almost like I was on a low dose of MDMA and I couldnt stand it. I was clinching my jaw like a junkie and I litterally could not hold a conversation b/c I felt like I was up for days on coke. Anyways after the first week the sides lessened and after week 2 they were still there, not so much the jaw clinching and MDMA like sides but still the general cracked out feeling, that left me incapable of holding a conversation. Took it for about a month and decided I was better off without it.

Anyways I am interested in how the Buspar worked for you as that is another drug I have heard some good things about for treating anxiety. If you dont mind sharing a bit about your history with anxiety and how you feel Buspar has helped it would be greatly appreciated.

It is interesting that this thread has been revived b/c I just recently tried to do some doctor guided experimentation to try and get rid of the benzos completely but with the outcome and the very low amount I have been having to take lately, I am more comfortable taking one or 2 low dosed benzos than taking something ED, especially with how these SSRI's make me feel.

I was recently put on Lexapro (SSRI) after talking with my new doc (just moved) and mentioning that I have heard good things about it. Anyways the first week I was completely cracked out, and I mean CRACKED OUT! Felt almost like I was on a low dose of MDMA and I couldnt stand it. I was clinching my jaw like a junkie and I litterally could not hold a conversation b/c I felt like I was up for days on coke. Anyways after the first week the sides lessened and after week 2 they were still there, not so much the jaw clinching and MDMA like sides but still the general cracked out feeling, that left me incapable of holding a conversation. Took it for about a month and decided I was better off without it.

Anyways I am interested in how the Buspar worked for you as that is another drug I have heard some good things about for treating anxiety. If you dont mind sharing a bit about your history with anxiety and how you feel Buspar has helped it would be greatly appreciated.

Anxiety just seemed to creep up on me little by little. Really started getting bad around 6 months ago. I could just be eating in a restaurant and a panic attack would come over me. As time went on were they got worse and night time was the worst. One night i woke up and i thought i was having a heart attack. Went to the hospital and all was great after a ton of heart tests. Found out it was anxiety and put on Effexor and Ativan until the Effexor would take hold. Effexor was bad. Hard time peeing, head zaps, numb ejaculations ect. Had to get off. Went to Celexa. Did great for my mental outlook but did not completely help my anxiety. Worked for the panic attacks but still had a lot of tingeling in my face and just felt shitty in the morning. Then went to Prozac and that was worse. Felt real crappy. Then went to Buspar and it has worked the best. Not 100% because i still do get the tingly feeling once in awhile but i feel a lot better and more motivated. No side effects which is great.

WOW, SSRIs are not bullshit. You guys are sadly misinformed. If you did some research you'd learn the sexual side effects are simply due to dopamine effects and that you can control these side effects very easily by taking things to increase dopamine (and control prolactin as well). Same type of shit you would take if you were on any progestic--so p5p would work well, but optimally a low dose of pramipexole or something like mirtazapine along with the lexapro would work great...no sexual side effects at all.

Would the muscle relaxing properties of Loranzapan make it a bad choice to take it the Friday night before a show? Would it make it tough to get a good pump?

I just know I feel and look so much better when I can sleep, and those Loranzapans give me a solid 6-7hrs.

I can feel and relate to pretty much everything thus far in the thread.

First signs of panic attacks were at a young age, thought it was asthma, and shortly after it seemed to disapear. Fast forward to middle school and the stress of playing sports at a high caliber level and the desire to not disapoint anyone, especially my father, really brought the bitch anxiety on strong.

Saw a couple psychs, therapists, got prescribed Zoloft. Stuff seemed to improve. Beside the head zaps, unclear thoughts, shitty ejaculations, and not to mention I felt like a zombie, I wasn't going to live life like that. Took myself off of em and felt like absolute shit but I did ok.

Couple years past I'm put on effexor, that stuff really take the cake for feeling like shit. Miss a dose I feel like im getting the flu, miss 2 doses I'm sick as hell.

I hate SSRIs and the like. Ain't no way to live for me.

So, Ive tried benzos on the side, they really chill ya out when you're having those bad attacks and you feel hopeless, like your heart is gonna beat right outta your damn chest, thinking I could probably die any second. I ask my psych about getting a prescription...

Oh no, the drug addict looking for his pills look....you want...benzos?

Well yeah doc, they actually work!

So, I get a shitty prescription for .5 of ativan, but I must also try taking some other bs ssri which escapes my memory at the moment. Well, tried that for a bit and said wow back to this shit again? No thanks, ill stick to benzos alone. Yeah, it took the edge off some, sometimes, but I'm a big guy with a high tolerance to anything I take.

And here I stand...financial issues, outta work, family problems, and I still have the shortness of breath, the chest pains, feeling my heartbeat thump thump thump in every part of my body. But hey, Ill never go back to taking any "antidepressant."

Got a doctors appt today for blood work and other issues, time to bring up the anxiety issue again and hope she suggest benzos, I know if I mention them outright, then I must be a drug addict, right? We'll see.

Good luck and good vibes to all those feeling the same. Like others said, you are definitely not alone.

Last edited:
Anxiety just seemed to creep up on me little by little. Really started getting bad around 6 months ago. I could just be eating in a restaurant and a panic attack would come over me. As time went on were they got worse and night time was the worst. One night i woke up and i thought i was having a heart attack. Went to the hospital and all was great after a ton of heart tests. Found out it was anxiety and put on Effexor and Ativan until the Effexor would take hold. Effexor was bad. Hard time peeing, head zaps, numb ejaculations ect. Had to get off. Went to Celexa. Did great for my mental outlook but did not completely help my anxiety. Worked for the panic attacks but still had a lot of tingeling in my face and just felt shitty in the morning. Then went to Prozac and that was worse. Felt real crappy. Then went to Buspar and it has worked the best. Not 100% because i still do get the tingly feeling once in awhile but i feel a lot better and more motivated. No side effects which is great.

This is what these forums are for!

Appreciate the response bro, though I seem to be at a good place with the amount of attacks I have, compared to the past, and the amount of meds I am taking I will definitely keep Buspar on my mind.

WOW, SSRIs are not bullshit. You guys are sadly misinformed. If you did some research you'd learn the sexual side effects are simply due to dopamine effects and that you can control these side effects very easily by taking things to increase dopamine (and control prolactin as well). Same type of shit you would take if you were on any progestic--so p5p would work well, but optimally a low dose of pramipexole or something like mirtazapine along with the lexapro would work great...no sexual side effects at all.

SSRI's do have their place and alot of people are much better off with them but they just dont seem to effect everyone the same and ejaculation problems, though common, are not the only issue many have when taking drugs in this family. Like I was just saying, they make me feel cracked out and completely antisocial, well that is no way I want to go through life.

Would the muscle relaxing properties of Loranzapan make it a bad choice to take it the Friday night before a show? Would it make it tough to get a good pump?

I just know I feel and look so much better when I can sleep, and those Loranzapans give me a solid 6-7hrs.

If I am not mistaken Lorazepam is Ativan? I was on it for a couple weeks but was told that it was too addictive and was then put on Xanax, didnt know there was really any benzo stronger than xanax but the doc I was seeing initially felt more comfortable with me on xanax for the longer term than ativan. Ativan did work well for me though but really I would say your question depends mostly on the mg's you are taking and more specifically you and your body. I personally wouldnt recommend it but then again I know little about you. I also would steer clear of benzos if you are simply looking for some sleep, there are better alternatives if high levels of anxiety are not the culprit.

I can feel and relate to pretty much everything thus far in the thread.

First signs of panic attacks were at a young age, thought it was asthma, and shortly after it seemed to disapear. Fast forward to middle school and the stress of playing sports at a high caliber level and the desire to not disapoint anyone, especially my father, really brought the bitch anxiety on strong.

Saw a couple psychs, therapists, got prescribed Zoloft. Stuff seemed to improve. Beside the head zaps, unclear thoughts, shitty ejaculations, and not to mention I felt like a zombie, I wasn't going to live life like that. Took myself off of em and felt like absolute shit but I did ok.

Couple years past I'm put on effexor, that stuff really take the cake for feeling like shit. Miss a dose I feel like im getting the flu, miss 2 doses I'm sick as hell.

I hate SSRIs and the like. Ain't no way to live for me.

So, Ive tried benzos on the side, they really chill ya out when you're having those bad attacks and you feel hopeless, like your heart is gonna beat right outta your damn chest, thinking I could probably die any second. I ask my psych about getting a prescription...

Oh no, the drug addict looking for his pills look....you want...benzos?

Well yeah doc, they actually work!

So, I get a shitty prescription for .5 of ativan, but I must also try taking some other bs ssri which escapes my memory at the moment. Well, tried that for a bit and said wow back to this shit again? No thanks, ill stick to benzos alone. Yeah, it took the edge off some, sometimes, but I'm a big guy with a high tolerance to anything I take.

And here I stand...financial issues, outta work, family problems, and I still have the shortness of breath, the chest pains, feeling my heartbeat thump thump thump in every part of my body. But hey, Ill never go back to taking any "antidepressant."

Got a doctors appt today for blood work and other issues, time to bring up the anxiety issue again and hope she suggest benzos, I know if I mention them outright, then I must be a drug addict, right? We'll see.

Good luck and good vibes to all those feeling the same. Like others said, you are definitely not alone.

Ativan seems to work great for some and not very well for others, just another example of the complexities of our bodies from person to person.

I appreciate the kind words and I honestly have never had any problems getting benzos from any docs, but I have been to a few before for random illnesses that I am sure would not have prescribed it.

You are right about alot of docs being very weary of prescribing controlled substances but just as many are happy to, so long as they deem you in need. I would explain your levels of anxiety, be sure to mention you think you are dieing, have been to the ER, etc.

From my experience alot of docs are more willing to prescribe klonapins than xanax. Xanax is just such a common street drug that alot of times only doctors that have seen it work great with previous patients, were taught to have an open mind and havent been bombarded by junkies asking for controlleds are willing to write scripts for it.

Definitely ask, tell the doc what has and hasnt worked and be adimate about getting something for when attacks spring up. Alot of times they feel better if they know that you will primarily be taking them at night, often when anxiety is worst, and on an as needed basis, as opposed to taking them daily for prevention.

One nice thing about Buspar it does do well for anxiety and i feel my normal self on it. Were the others i have tried i felt like i was in another world. So for those who are really struggling with anxiety Buspar is an option without worrying about severe side effects and it clouding your mind.

When I was 20y old, I took some coke during a few month (2-3 times a week), one day I only found speed (amphets) and took it.. Well BAD idea, it was the first (and worst) anxiety attack of my life (went to the hospital, bp=20, couldn't feel my arms, legs, face and belly, hands closed and no way to open them, stiffed legs, ...). Then I used to have it every time I took coke.. So I stopped taking it (genius).. But anxiety didn't stop, I was beginning to have less and less social life, sleeping later and later (finally sleeping the day, living the night), ... And went to see a doc (psych). After 6 months of therapy (and Xanax 4 times a day, absolutely no tolerance effet, or minor, those who tell you that you will become tolerant are just telling bs), I was feeling way better. I started to smoke weed (kind of legal in Belgium, and totally legal in the Netherlands, 20 min away from my house) and stopped Xanax and now I live a normal live, currently following a Master in Finance and hitting good grades, worked in a Trading Room at an Investment Bank during the holidays under intense pressure.. and no problem! Now the only issue I have is that I have to stop smoking weed.. :banghead:

Citalopram has been amazing for me. It has got me through the worst period of my life (severe attacks) and feeling like I was sedated 24/7.

Well mace you've made a number of assumptions about me that aren't true. I was prescribed it for anxiety and insomnia. Yes I said they felt great because I felt relief instantly. I was once young and reckless too, and benzos weren't what I picked up when I was looking to party. Try this, stop whining about it and maybe you'll feel better. Honestly though, I had a bad experience with benzos and was just trying to forewarn you. Also, if you're looking for truly professional advice or advice from people in the same boat as you, you couldn't have picked a worse place to ask for it.

Well mace you've made a number of assumptions about me that aren't true. I was prescribed it for anxiety and insomnia. Yes I said they felt great because I felt relief instantly. I was once young and reckless too, and benzos weren't what I picked up when I was looking to party. Try this, stop whining about it and maybe you'll feel better. Honestly though, I had a bad experience with benzos and was just trying to forewarn you. Also, if you're looking for truly professional advice or advice from people in the same boat as you, you couldn't have picked a worse place to ask for it.

Well my bad for interpreting it incorrectly bro, that is why I let it be known that from what I read, that is what I got out of it.

I get the impression that you just had the "butterflies in the stomach" type of anxiety. The reason I say this is because IMO if you EVER went through the attacks that me and many others have gone through then I think you would have a different opinion about "benzos making anxiety worse".

When you said "I know benzos feel great, but it's a hell of a monkey to have on your back once you get started" I get 2 things out of it.
1) You were taking them, as you said, to "feel great". Even if we take into account your updated definition of "feel great" (stating that feel great implied immediate relief) are you talking about your sleeplessness, anxiety or was it for panic attacks because if it was the latter then again I do not believe we would be having this conversation. So yes from your post it is easy to doubt that you had any real reason to take benzos IMO. Like I have said I think benzos should only be taken for certain cituations and a little bit of anxiety here and there or insomnia IMO is not a justifiable reason to be on them when comparing other drugs and weighing the pros and cons.
2) If you would read the thread you would see that IF one NEEDS benzos (and yes plenty of people do need them, there is a reason they have been around so long) then I stress the importance of responsible dosing, in which they are only taken for the onset of an attack and not so much as a preventative measure and this also includes taking the least possible mg's as possible., thus avoiding a dependence on ED dosing except for extreme circustances.

You see I would never equate my taking of benzos to "feeling great" because that is not what they do for me, especially when taken in such moderation.

And why is it that you think that any relatively common health issue is a bad thing to talk about with a place with as many members as this? I have talked to tons of people that have gone through exactly what I have. I have been greatly helped by alot of the advice and simply knowing that there are others that have gone through this. I have also helped alot of people on threads and via PM's that contacted me begging for any advice I could spare. Yes many doctors may know what to prescribe you but not as many can help you with other things that are primarily learned from first hand experience. A little example is how I often encourage people to start doing something that takes their mind off of the anxiety when they feel an attack coming on. Now coming from a doctor that wouldnt mean shit, try not thinking about dieing while you are dieing, it aint easy bro. But if you start immediately cooking something that requires your full attention sometimes it can help get your mind off of it, or sometimes turning on every light in the house can help take the edge off of SOME attacks for some people (the list goes on but you get the point) and it is this type of information that would seem trivial to an outsider, that when accumulated over the years, can be invaluable to someone that suffers from what plenty Pro Muscle members are going through or have gone through.

Moral of the story, next time you want to be a negative little bitch and tell someone to "stop whining", ask yourself if you have walked a mile in their shoes and if you havent, I am not asking you to be sympethetic but to just keep your mouth shut and move on.

so far i have been taking lexapro for 3 years and switched over to citalopram recently and have helped the most. how ever i still suffer from depression and anxiety/panic attacks. some times the depression is to the point that i need to take xanex to make it through the day. i have tried other meds and haven't found any thing to work.
P.S. i am on a constant dose of HRT. Been on it since 20. supps dont seem to have any effect on my mood.
Any sugustions?

Bro trust me ive been everywhere, I develpoed the anxiety (panic disorder) from a stressful time in my life, wasnt depressed, wasnt down on life, wasnt sitting at home crying about my upbringing or anything, I live a great life, I love my life, I am a very happy individual and have 0 depression whatsoever but what happened was the attacks turned more into a generalized anxiety (still with attacks of course) and if you read this thread you would know more about what I am talking about.

Throughout this thread I have stated how I believe one should take only the minimum of benzos required to get by and until you know what it is like you will not know what i mean by "get by". I take small doses like I said and it is down to just 1 or 2 times a week now so I am thrilled at the progress I have made.

How am I delaying the inevitable? I am simply trying to be able to live a decent, productive life and benzos, used responsibly, are a wonderful tool for that. I understand there is a great potential for abuse and that is why I am concious about the mg's, type and frequency of use. Morphine is a terrible drug with a high potential for abuse but if you were sitting in the hospital with a few shattered limbs im sure you wouldnt tell the nurses to pull the drip out...

Yes you are no doctor and no offense but from this post it sounds like you were, at one time, a junkie looking for a fix (from what I read) and taking pills everyday recreationally is far different than taking pills as needed, in moderation, as prescribed by every doctor I have ever seen and DID help tremendously. I have made tons of progress in the last few years and benzos were a HUGE tool in helping me function like a normal person. I am not talking about having some butterflies in your stomach either bro, as mentioned in this very thread I am talking about crippling attacks, everyday, to the point where I would frequent the ER b/c I was having "heart attacks". These attacks are by far the worst thing I have ever gone through and trust me bro I havent had the easiest life but hell no one has and its nothing to whine about but my point is just that this is a serious medical condition and far beyond the scope of someone that is not seriously trained or has been through it first hand to be able to understand.

I too was the party animal at one time, loved doing whatever was on the table, and I used to never understand why a drug like xanax was ever even invented. I used to think that there was no way there could be a valid medical condition that called for its use but boy were my eyes widened when my attacks began. If it werent for the benzo family I dont know that I would have EVER been able to get a grip on these attacks. It is a terrible condition and I was having over a dozen attacks a day, mostly just from the shear fear of having another attack. Have a few of these attacks and I assure you it is not something you can just put to the back of your head, it is on your mind every second of every day and you are living in fear of the next time on comes. You honestly KNOW that you are going to die when these attacks come on benzos are litterally a lifesaver for anyone who has ever had to go through what I have in the last few years with these attacks.

Just to let you all know, I am a very healthy individual, the attacks started before I ever touched any juice, AAS in sane doses has not seemed to aggrivate it and like I have said I am a very happy person when not having an attack or living in fear that I will have one. It is a great feeling to know that even if you have one that you have an almost instant cure with you, no matter where you are, cant put a price on that level of security and again unless you have REALLY studied this or have experienced it yourself you really should not even comment, as you have absolutely no clue what the hell you are talking about.:D

my point is, even tho you use the recommended dose you CAN still be adidcted to them...there is a suching thing as a dry drunk, which saying can be attatched to any addictive substance

what mg xanax have you guys taken?

i just got prescribed .25mg of xanax so i was just curious.

Had it for awhile, been on either ativan, xanax, kolapins or valium, mostly xan and klonapins but wondering if any of you bros that have panic attacks and the "I am going to die" type anxiety have had success with anything else.

Hearing good things about lexapro but not too sure.

Doc gave me zoloft one time, what a bunch of bullshit that stuff is.

Help would be appreciated fellas!

My anxiety doesnt feel like 'I'm going to die' type level just and overwhelming feeling of pressure. I rarely get it,,but when I do I hate it.

You guys should try out Lyrica, works better than all the rest for pure anxiety!

i wouldnt suggest using lexapro, pretty much everyone i know using it told me it kills their sex drive, and it did to mine. i am currently on citalopram(celexa) and it is working pretty well in terms of anxiety. not as strong as benzos, but overall it def helps

Lexapro, Zoloft and the like are for DEPRESSION, not anxiety.
Benzos work best on anxiety attacks but the best solution is to deal with the issue that is causing the anxiety. most of us think talking to a shrink makes us crazy but that couldnt be farther from the truth. it helps us to resolve our issues.

no one is born with a xanax deficiency.. People are really good at convincing themselves that shit is a lot worse than it really is. Normally they don't start out like that but they practice and get better at it as time progresses. The key to dismantling it is recognizing it when it happens and start practicing the opposite.. This is not the be all end all situation I'm making it out to be and everything is totally cool right now. Sometimes good shit happens and sometimes bad shit happens. This is some bad shit but it will pass and eventually I will probably forget it will ever even happened. You had to train your body to look a certain way and now you will have to train your mind to think a certain way.. Make sense??

"Practice man..I mean.. What are we talkin bout man? practice man.. we talkin bout practice man" - Allen Iverson

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131