over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Any Body Lose a Dog to Coyote

worldtraveler

Newbies
Last week I had 3 dogs, 2 larger dogs and one small. My wife wanted a toy poodle, so thats what the small dog was. We own a 1/2 acre and lately I have been keeping the big dogs away from the pool, they always are kicking rocks and dirt in when they run around it. Well I locked the gate and the little dog was snooping around the pool at dusk. I heard the big dogs barking aggressively and I heard the little dog yelp. I looked out the window in time to see the coyote wiping the little dog around by the neck. I flew out the back, he took off with the dog, jumped over a 6 foot fence with the dog! I wasn't sure if the little dog was dead. I Jumped over the fence saw him trotting down the street with our dog so I chased him (not the smartest, but didn't want him to eat our dog), I ran after him yelling, he did drop the dog. He was dead.

I was pretty shocked, my kids were taking baths so Im the only one who saw it. Just told the kids a Coyote took our dog, they didn't ask if we was dead, right after I told them, they asked for a cat. Hell no..

Thought I would share.

Damn !!! That shits cray for sure

How come the big dogs didnt help out the poodle ?

I have heard of cats getting killed by coyotes tho

that happens all the time around here. Then you see people put up signs lost cat/dog please call if you find him. I hear it regularly a pack of coyote just going crazy howling. I`ve also heard of large hawks coming down after small dogs. Did not hear of them flying away with a dog, but they can fly off with a rabbit. mountain lions are around here but more rare.

Sorry bout your dog

I live barely in the country just outside a decent sized town. I've seen the coyotes out here quite a bit, and shot one a few years back.

DNR kept claiming they were not an issue until a few months ago the town nearby had a few pets come up missing, and someone had a coyote attack on a surveillance camera. I'm not sure what the DNR has done about it since honestly.

I seen 3 of them last weekend, so a quick jog to the truck, grab the rifle and took a shot, but it was dark (blah blah blah excuses), and i missed.

My dog is a good size, but he's a big pussy. I'm remotely worried about the coyote getting over the picket fence and thru the dog door though. Had a raccoon do that years and tore the hell out of my kitchen. He ate like a king though.

Last week I had 3 dogs, 2 larger dogs and one small. My wife wanted a toy poodle, so thats what the small dog was. We own a 1/2 acre and lately I have been keeping the big dogs away from the pool, they always are kicking rocks and dirt in when they run around it. Well I locked the gate and the little dog was snooping around the pool at dusk. I heard the big dogs barking aggressively and I heard the little dog yelp. I looked out the window in time to see the coyote wiping the little dog around by the neck. I flew out the back, he took off with the dog, jumped over a 6 foot fence with the dog! I wasn't sure if the little dog was dead. I Jumped over the fence saw him trotting down the street with our dog so I chased him (not the smartest, but didn't want him to eat our dog), I ran after him yelling, he did drop the dog. He was dead.

I was pretty shocked, my kids were taking baths so Im the only one who saw it. Just told the kids a Coyote took our dog, they didn't ask if we was dead, right after I told them, they asked for a cat. Hell no..

Thought I would share.

I am really sorry to hear about your dog. What a horrible thing to happen:( Where do you live?

Unfortunately, this is pretty common and has become more and more common as coyotes move in closer and closer to towns (or rather the towns move in around them). A small dog is not a issue for a adult coyote. However, if its a larger dog, I've seen a pack of 3-4 yotes work together. One yote will go in close to the home and the others will hang back 200-300 yards in cover. The single yote will stay just out of range from a confrontation, but aggrevate the dog and draw him further and further away from the home. When he is 50-100 yards away from the house, the other 3-4 yotes will run in and surround and kill the dog.

It's coyote season all year long around my place......

Anyone hear of coyote attacking a person?

I walk through some wooded areas around our neighborhood and have twice come up on a good sized coyote and now have seen tracks in my garden. So needless to say I pack when walking, sometimes just a knife.

The coyote was near German Shepard size very bush tail.

We have coyotes living in the greenbelt surrounding our neighborhood. Almost daily you can spot them usually crossing the street to get wooded area on the other side. They walk right past my son some mornings standing at the bus stop..The local cat lady keeps them fed. She starts out with a few litters of kittens every year only to end up with one or two left after a few months :)
Only time they have ever shown aggression occurred soon after we bought a new puppy and my daughter and her friend were in the front yard. I happened to look out the window and noticed one walk right up to them within a few feet. As soon as I opened the front door and ran outside it took off to our neighbors backyard and was afraid to come out as long as I blocked it's escape... The girls thought it was a German shepherd at first. It was only when it was within 10 feet they got worried.
And every time the dumb dogs get out of the backyard they run right up the street to where they live. I'm waiting for the day one of the coyotes gets one of dogs before I do.. :)

Last edited:

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Iron Mountain 75
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner