YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Any boxers or MMA competitive fighters? curious.....ever been HIT?!

AMature boxing matches and 185 or 190 pounds solid pounds will be the toughest all cruiser wieghts are fast and hard hitters as far as ground game if I knock u out before u can kick me or throw me down game over

I think UFC 1 proves that mentality is inferior.

I think UFC 1 proves that mentality is inferior.

Not realy the best fights are not two guys choking each other but two men going toe to toe punching the shit out of each other not try to dislocate my shoulder sorry no skill there in my option

No body should like to get hit that's part of the whole rush or pump is that I can Hit u at will and you can't lay a glove on me , But It does and will happen if you are fighting a worthy apponient , Growing up me and my brothers were taught to fight ,trained ,road work ,gym time all year round , But we were also thought not to pick or start fights and always stick up for the ones that could not defend them selfs that is something a lot of parents don't instill I'm there kids today

Did some MMA so from what I can say its you resort to survival mode which is what your most familiar with. So if Im getting hit in the face I resort to my years of wrestling experience to get the person to the ground and smother them out until I can regroup.

Whoever says you don't need a ground game is either a boxer or knows nothing about self defense or fighting.

Last edited:
I agree with K1 here. I was on the Marine Corps boxing team for two years. Yes speed will win over any big guy. Yet when I was hit I went on the defensive very quick and looked to counter. I've been knocked down a few times also and wrapped up and was hanging on for dear life. Yet my experience while boxing for the Marine Corps was endurance and speed our trainer emphasized that.

Speed will not beat any big guy that's for sure. I ve spared with UFC guys in the under 200lbs classes and its not fair if I am bigger, even if I know less than them. I always say there is a reason for weight classes. If your bigger and stronger and know what your doing, like not getting caught in an arm bar etc. you will win. The little guy may get one or two shots at hitting you then its over when you take him to the ground he will fold.

Did some MMA so from what I can say its you resort to survival mode which is what your most familiar with. So if Im getting hit in the face I resort to my years of wrestling experience to get the person to the ground and smother them out until I can regroup.

Whoever says you don't need a ground game is either a boxer or knows nothing about self defense or fighting.

Exactly, I have trained MMA, BJJ, submission wrestling, Greco-Roman, some judo and some traditional boxing. The minute I get rocked in MMA sparring, I go for a takedown, throw, or worse, a clinch. It just happens.

I've trained with boxers who never even think that way. I think you always return to your base when in trouble. It's what's natural.

BUT, in a real fight, it can be a lot different especially if there is more than one because you really need to stay on your feet, move and throw, and get out of there. I've been lucky in that regard.

SB

Exactly, I have trained MMA, BJJ, submission wrestling, Greco-Roman, some judo and some traditional boxing. The minute I get rocked in MMA sparring, I go for a takedown, throw, or worse, a clinch. It just happens.

I've trained with boxers who never even think that way. I think you always return to your base when in trouble. It's what's natural.

BUT, in a real fight, it can be a lot different especially if there is more than one because you really need to stay on your feet, move and throw, and get out of there. I've been lucky in that regard.

SB

Absolutely 100% correct. There I go with those crazy numbers again :rolleyes:

SB
This is why I stated earlier it depends on the fight scenario. If it's one on one I'm takin him to the ground and pounding him out. If there's more than one opponent though, I'm doing everything I can to stay on my feet and swing or I'm dead.

Speed will not beat any big guy that's for sure. I ve spared with UFC guys in the under 200lbs classes and its not fair if I am bigger, even if I know less than them. I always say there is a reason for weight classes. If your bigger and stronger and know what your doing, like not getting caught in an arm bar etc. you will win. The little guy may get one or two shots at hitting you then its over when you take him to the ground he will fold.

I agree with this for the most part. Speed will win over size to a certain extent. But when you start talking about an advantage of 40 or more pounds, unless the bigger guy has no idea what he's doing, it's all his. Skill will beat size 9 times out of ten. But if both people are skilled and one is significantly bigger, the bigger guy will most likely win. That's why there's weight classes. Save an arm bar or other submission, a 140 guy doesn't have a chance at a 230 guy

SB

In a real fight with multiple attackers Im trying to take out knees and strike to the eyes so they can't catch me or see me when I run away. Im also picking up anything near me to hit the attackers with if its going to help me survive and get away.

In a real fight with multiple attackers Im trying to take out knees and strike to the eyes so they can't catch me or see me when I run away. Im also picking up anything near me to hit the attackers with if its going to help me survive and get away.

You would like JKD and FMA's, they train eye strikes pretty extensively. It is called "filthy fighting," worse than dirty boxing.

There is also a Philippino martial art called Kina Motai, the "art of uninterrupted biting.

I am not making this up. You train with a piece of steak. Say you are on bottom guard. Put the steak on the top guys neck, hold him down and try and eat through the steak.

A JKD technique is also brutal. If you are in someone's guard, posture up to your feet, and reign down groin shots. Pass the guard, go knee to belly and finish there w/ punch's and elbows.

I don't know what your laws are like, but the best way to deal with multiples is with weapons (duh, lol). Train FMA's, knife, stick, etcs. If you live somewhere where you can get a chl, train with and carry a firearm.

However, carrying a weapon requires much, much more self control. If someone flips you off, let it go. Someone cuts you off, let it go. Only fight as a last resort to save your, or your loved ones, life.

Treat everyone with kindness, tolerance, and respect.

The best fight you will ever have is the one you avoided.

I was at a party once, and it turned into a massive all out brawl.

I walked out the back door.

Last edited:
You would like JKD and FMA's, they train eye strikes pretty extensively. It is called "filthy fighting," worse than dirty boxing.

There is also a Philippino martial art called Kina Motai, the "art of uninterrupted biting.

I am not making this up. You train with a piece of steak. Say you are on bottom guard. Put the steak on the top guys neck, hold him down and try and eat through the steak.

A JKD technique is also brutal. If you are in someone's guard, posture up to your feet, and reign down groin shots. Pass the guard, go knee to belly and finish there w/ punch's and elbows.

I don't know what your laws are like, but the best way to deal with multiples is with weapons (duh, lol). Train FMA's, knife, stick, etcs. If you live somewhere where you can get a chl, train with and carry a firearm.

However, carrying a weapon requires much, much more self control. If someone flips you off, let it go. Someone cuts you off, let it go. Only fight as a last resort to save your, or your loved ones, life.

Treat everyone with kindness, tolerance, and respect.

The best fight you will ever have is the one you avoided.

I was at a party once, and it turned into a massive all out brawl.

I walked out the back door.

I have done both JKD and the Philippino martial art KunTao. Ya, there good number of eye strikes

I'm looking into defencelab right now and might give that a try.

I always usually have a firearm and a good knife. I Legally carry both of course.

Last edited:
The first shot that hits you kicks in an adrenaline rush...The first shot that actually hurts you, puts you on the defensive and has you looking for the counter combos quickly before they are able to land anymore!

In my experience strength cannot match speed, skill and accuracy...My best fights were against bigger, stronger guys...You go into those fights with a different mind set - You're expected to lose by anyone watching and they're expecting to put you on your ass quick...People are naturally intimidated by size and muscles...From what I have been through, those are the easiest fights because most every big guy out there does no speed/endurance training and throwing around a 20"+ arm and missing is going to tire you out very quickly...Too much weight, muscle or not to be carrying into a fight! As long as they don't get their hands on you and it doesn't go to a ground fight you should easily be able to tire them out while hitting them with 6-1 swings!

I haven't been in a fight in years...but my attitude and mouth hasn't changed ever, so to this day I still make sure to do speed training to make sure if something were to go down my hands would still be as fast as they were 10 years ago!

K1,
Is your username from the Japanese kickboxing promotion...k1?

If so, I used to spar and train with a group of k1 fighters at my gym. Mighty Mo, Sean o'haire,

The first shot that hits you kicks in an adrenaline rush...The first shot that actually hurts you, puts you on the defensive and has you looking for the counter combos quickly before they are able to land anymore!

In my experience strength cannot match speed, skill and accuracy...My best fights were against bigger, stronger guys...You go into those fights with a different mind set - You're expected to lose by anyone watching and they're expecting to put you on your ass quick...People are naturally intimidated by size and muscles...From what I have been through, those are the easiest fights because most every big guy out there does no speed/endurance training and throwing around a 20"+ arm and missing is going to tire you out very quickly...Too much weight, muscle or not to be carrying into a fight! As long as they don't get their hands on you and it doesn't go to a ground fight you should easily be able to tire them out while hitting them with 6-1 swings!

I haven't been in a fight in years...but my attitude and mouth hasn't changed ever, so to this day I still make sure to do speed training to make sure if something were to go down my hands would still be as fast as they were 10 years ago!

See bold above: This is why big guys need to know how to wrestle. Makes everything much, much easier, as size and strength become a massive advantage at that point.

A big, strong man with solid ground skills and even half-ass striking ability and endurance will place many small guys in a lot of trouble, even if they have great speed, stand-up skills, and endurance, especially if they do not know you.

It is easy to defeat the small guy when on ground, simply because they are easily manipulated by one's much greater size and strength. At that point endurance becomes much less of a factor because the big man will not have to work nearly as hard (or as long).

However, a big, strong guy with no skills is going to get his ass beat by a small guy with speed, endurance and skill.

Actually (and I am primarily a grappler) size is more important in regards to stand up. A month ago, I sparred with a 170 pounder who made the finals in the Golden Gloves. He hits hard for his size, but simply does not hit hard enough to hurt or put me down. I am 232 lbs

He is a BJJ black belt, and if we are wearing the Gi he is much more likely to tap me out than knock me out.

HH, what is your wrestling background? For me it was 4 years of high school wrestling and 2 years at a very wrestling oriented grappling school. I have also wrestled with Mid West college wrestlers. If they want you down, they will take you down. If they want the fight on the feet, it will stay on the feet.

I ask, because a lot of people do not understand the takedown game and its role in self Defense.

Here are 2 more examples: A tall BJJ guy I know teaches at a high crime high school. He is a BJJ blue belt, but trains nothing else (stand up or takedowns...BJJ take downs are terrible).

I asked what he would do if he needed to deal with a student who was getting violent? He said he would figure out a way to get him to he ground.

Wrong! You fight the way you train.

I am currently into FMA's (Philippino martial arts....stick, knife, filthy fighting...eye gouges, head buts biting). I train within a JKD format with one of the few Inosanto certified instructors, but also train Krav.

A 120 lb Krav gal told me "we are taught to stay of the ground." I asked her what her grappling background was (wrestling, Judo, Dumog etc.)? She said none, she would just simply stay off the ground. She also said that since she will stay off the ground, she does not need to train in BJJ either.

This girl is a sexual assault ready to happen, as she is going to think she can handle a situation she can't.

Back to the size factor, Rener Gracie says each 20 lbs equal a belt. If you are a low fat 240 lbs Blue belt rolling with a 180 lb black belt, you should be fairly even.

I hear what you're saying, but much of this applies to two opponents with varying degrees of skill.

Two guys fighting stand-up--one big and strong, but with no skills and no endurance---will most often lose to the smaller guy with skills speed, and endurance.

When you start pitting people against each other with varying degrees and types of skill, along with different degrees of size and strength, it changes everything, but when comparing the attributes of size and strength against endurance, skill, and speed, the later will claim victory most of the time.

Last edited:
I agree with you to some extent, but it depends on the fight scenario. I have a pretty decent grappling background. Won NAGA twice. Done the Abu Dhabi. Have a good amount of BJJ trading and have also been kickboxing for years. I'm pretty confident in my stand up. If a guy is a significantly better boxer than me, I'm not gonna stand there and throw blows. I'm 255 pounds and I tire quickly while swinging for the fences. When it comes to straight grappling, agreed size isn't the be all end all. But if I have a sixty pound advantage and I'm allowed to strike from the top, I'll pound the guy into the dirt.

Agreed

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sickxlost