YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Any boxers or MMA competitive fighters? curious.....ever been HIT?!

TooPowerful4u

Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
What goes through your mind when you get HIT and know ur in trouble?
Or does nothing go through your mind?

Survival mode bro, protect the head and body and try to move till the fuzz clears. Shit rings your bell

ehhh I have been on many fights brother and as far as I can tell you, I'd look up the cheat codes that give you unlimited health.... press X O O L1 L1 L2 R2 R2 and see what happens

2 years boxing, 12 years total martial arts.

Nothing goes through my mind except trying to land the next shot.

Getting punched is no biggie.

Getting punched isn't a big deal, but I think he's referring to when you get rocked. What do you do? Close the distance so that his shots have less power. Try to wrap him up and hang on till you recover.

I did amateur boxing when I was in high school and I found the more you spar the more normal it is even in regular street fights. Make sense? I bet if I were to get into a fight now 10 years later my adrenaline would take over hopefully not though haha.

The first shot that hits you kicks in an adrenaline rush...The first shot that actually hurts you, puts you on the defensive and has you looking for the counter combos quickly before they are able to land anymore!

In my experience strength cannot match speed, skill and accuracy...My best fights were against bigger, stronger guys...You go into those fights with a different mind set - You're expected to lose by anyone watching and they're expecting to put you on your ass quick...People are naturally intimidated by size and muscles...From what I have been through, those are the easiest fights because most every big guy out there does no speed/endurance training and throwing around a 20"+ arm and missing is going to tire you out very quickly...Too much weight, muscle or not to be carrying into a fight! As long as they don't get their hands on you and it doesn't go to a ground fight you should easily be able to tire them out while hitting them with 6-1 swings!

I haven't been in a fight in years...but my attitude and mouth hasn't changed ever, so to this day I still make sure to do speed training to make sure if something were to go down my hands would still be as fast as they were 10 years ago!

The first shot that hits you kicks in an adrenaline rush...The first shot that actually hurts you, puts you on the defensive and has you looking for the counter combos quickly before they are able to land anymore!

In my experience strength cannot match speed, skill and accuracy...My best fights were against bigger, stronger guys...You go into those fights with a different mind set - You're expected to lose by anyone watching and they're expecting to put you on your ass quick...People are naturally intimidated by size and muscles...From what I have been through, those are the easiest fights because most every big guy out there does no speed/endurance training and throwing around a 20"+ arm and missing is going to tire you out very quickly...Too much weight, muscle or not to be carrying into a fight! As long as they don't get their hands on you and it doesn't go to a ground fight you should easily be able to tire them out while hitting them with 6-1 swings!

I haven't been in a fight in years...but my attitude and mouth hasn't changed ever, so to this day I still make sure to do speed training to make sure if something were to go down my hands would still be as fast as they were 10 years ago!

I agree with K1 here. I was on the Marine Corps boxing team for two years. Yes speed will win over any big guy. Yet when I was hit I went on the defensive very quick and looked to counter. I've been knocked down a few times also and wrapped up and was hanging on for dear life. Yet my experience while boxing for the Marine Corps was endurance and speed our trainer emphasized that.

I'm a pretty big guy and this is exactly why I don't stand and box for too long. My goal is to get a hold of the other person and get them on the ground and pound them into oblivion. Standing up, speed and endurance rules. But if i have a significant weight advantage on my opponent and I can get them in the ground, 99 percent of the time it's all over.

when i get hit i see like a white light for a split second... almost like a camera flash goes off.... if it lands good then i mite even get the slow motion spinning effect... I've never been pure KOd, just rocked and went down before in sparring... usually after i get hit I'm just thinking how to counter the shot that he just landed and prevent it from happening again..

If you get hit with a good shot but not rocked, most people will smile or nod the head. Getting hit with a good shot will give me a little flicker and slow things down until the adrenaline kicks in. Most of the good shots I have been hit with don't effect me so much that minute but with a headache or pain later in the day/next day. Unless you get hit on the button then it can reset your body.

Boxed golden glove back in my 20 and remember getting rocked and yes you try to fight out of it tell u recover and protect yourself tell you get your head back was the first time ever got rocked made me alittle nervous

Getting punched isn't a big deal, but I think he's referring to when you get rocked. What do you do? Close the distance so that his shots have less power. Try to wrap him up and hang on till you recover.

You first want to get on your bicycle and move move move.

While doing so, keep pumping your jab (recuperate with he jab).

If your opponent keeps closing the distance, then go to the clinch. If you can get both arms under hooked, you can body lock and recover, or get the takedown.

You first want to get on your bicycle and move move move.

While doing so, keep pumping your jab (recuperate with he jab).

If your opponent keeps closing the distance, then go to the clinch. If you can get both arms under hooked, you can body lock and recover, or get the takedown.

Exactly

Nothing goes through my mind while getting hit, my adrenaline kicks in when the fight starts so that's already there. If you get stuck with a good one I guess I guess I just protect and counter punch, but I don't think about it. It's a trained reaction by now.

I'm a pretty big guy and this is exactly why I don't stand and box for too long. My goal is to get a hold of the other person and get them on the ground and pound them into oblivion. Standing up, speed and endurance rules. But if i have a significant weight advantage on my opponent and I can get them in the ground, 99 percent of the time it's all over.

Actually (and I am primarily a grappler) size is more important in regards to stand up. A month ago, I sparred with a 170 pounder who made the finals in the Golden Gloves. He hits hard for his size, but simply does not hit hard enough to hurt or put me down. I am 232 lbs

He is a BJJ black belt, and if we are wearing the Gi he is much more likely to tap me out than knock me out.

HH, what is your wrestling background? For me it was 4 years of high school wrestling and 2 years at a very wrestling oriented grappling school. I have also wrestled with Mid West college wrestlers. If they want you down, they will take you down. If they want the fight on the feet, it will stay on the feet.

I ask, because a lot of people do not understand the takedown game and its role in self Defense.

Here are 2 more examples: A tall BJJ guy I know teaches at a high crime high school. He is a BJJ blue belt, but trains nothing else (stand up or takedowns...BJJ take downs are terrible).

I asked what he would do if he needed to deal with a student who was getting violent? He said he would figure out a way to get him to he ground.

Wrong! You fight the way you train.

I am currently into FMA's (Philippino martial arts....stick, knife, filthy fighting...eye gouges, head buts biting). I train within a JKD format with one of the few Inosanto [/QUOTE]o certified instructors, but also train Krav.

A 120 lb Krav gal told me "we are taught to stay of the ground." I asked her what her grappling background was (wrestling, Judo, Dumog etc.)? She said none, she would just simply stay off the ground. She also said that since she will stay off the ground, she does not need to train in BJJ either.

This girl is a sexual assault ready to happen, as she is going to think she can handle a situation she can't.

Back to the size factor, Rener Gracie says each 20 lbs equal a belt. If you are a low fat 240 lbs Blue belt rolling with a 180 lb black belt, you should be fairly even.

If someone who knows how to throw a punch even LIGHTLY connects with you anywhere near his target, you are completely fucked and 95% chance the fight is over. At best you will be nearly blind (nose), at worst you will be knocked out (jaw, temple) or incapacitated (neck).

If they don't know how to throw a proper punch, you will hardly notice it.

Actually (and I am primarily a grappler) size is more important in regards to stand up. A month ago, I sparred with a 170 pounder who made the finals in the Golden Gloves. He hits hard for his size, but simply does not hit hard enough to hurt or put me down. I am 232 lbs

He is a BJJ black belt, and if we are wearing the Gi he is much more likely to tap me out than knock me out.

HH, what is your wrestling background? For me it was 4 years of high school wrestling and 2 years at a very wrestling oriented grappling school. I have also wrestled with Mid West college wrestlers. If they want you down, they will take you down. If they want the fight on the feet, it will stay on the feet.

I ask, because a lot of people do not understand the takedown game and its role in self Defense.

Here are 2 more examples: A tall BJJ guy I know teaches at a high crime high school. He is a BJJ blue belt, but trains nothing else (stand up or takedowns...BJJ take downs are terrible).

I asked what he would do if he needed to deal with a student who was getting violent? He said he would figure out a way to get him to he ground.

Wrong! You fight the way you train.

I am currently into FMA's (Philippino martial arts....stick, knife, filthy fighting...eye gouges, head buts biting). I train within a JKD format with one of the few Inosanto
o certified instructors, but also train Krav.

A 120 lb Krav gal told me "we are taught to stay of the ground." I asked her what her grappling background was (wrestling, Judo, Dumog etc.)? She said none, she would just simply stay off the ground. She also said that since she will stay off the ground, she does not need to train in BJJ either.

This girl is a sexual assault ready to happen, as she is going to think she can handle a situation she can't.

Back to the size factor, Rener Gracie says each 20 lbs equal a belt. If you are a low fat 240 lbs Blue belt rolling with a 180 lb black belt, you should be fairly even.[/QUOTE]
I agree with you to some extent, but it depends on the fight scenario. I have a pretty decent grappling background. Won NAGA twice. Done the Abu Dhabi. Have a good amount of BJJ trading and have also been kickboxing for years. I'm pretty confident in my stand up. If a guy is a significantly better boxer than me, I'm not gonna stand there and throw blows. I'm 255 pounds and I tire quickly while swinging for the fences. When it comes to straight grappling, agreed size isn't the be all end all. But if I have a sixty pound advantage and I'm allowed to strike from the top, I'll pound the guy into the dirt.

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws