over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Any Correlation?

GRAVESY

Registered
This is something that I have been wondering about and would like any input. Would like to try to get some fo the guys on here that work with people(competitive, or average joe) for their diets.

So my question is:
At what point will a diet fail you if your Lean Body Mass is not there to support it?
Without having to go to dangerous defecit and loose LBM in the progress.
Do you have to at some point focus on adding LBM to get lower bf% in the long run?recompish?

Going to use myself as an example.
mind you I am 6'4" and do not want to be a skelaton, lol just to go a low bf%
Always a heavey kid growing up. Spent some time in the 280, and held for a good chunk of time in the low 270. Got serious in the summer btwn Jr and Sr year in college, dropped a good 20lbs, only to go back for sr year and get it back. Then held steady at 270s again. Last March(09) dieted strong for just over a year and went from 272 down to 210. When I was at 210, i thought i would have been better there, mind you I am 6'4". But still had some BF with enough to still have belly. Pretty dicouraging when i got there and was basically still looked the same just smaller. Lifted religously through out. Only minor hiccups here and there but for over 12months, acouple are not bad.
Run a PH for a bit after the year, mistake, what a waste, lol. Gain some unwanted weight back. Then to top it off went to Ireland for 17days and basically ate with out reguards for the most part. And got back the the USA at 238-240.

I stalled hard at 210 for what seemed like forever.

Being heavey for my life, whenever i have buckled down it has always had to be at a deficet caories wise. So have never focused on a "Bulk" has always been on a "Cut".
Endo
SlowAss Metabolism. {might try to get into the doc ans see if he will run a blood test on Thyroid and Test for me}
Carb Sensetive,to fat cells i guess and not really to the muscle receptors.

Is there really such a thing of a "ReComp"? But at what BF% is that exceptable at?

I dont look like i have that much but it is all in the abdominal region, just like my dad.

Hope This Made Sense
if not I'll do my best to clarify. Just let me know.

Last edited:
Way too many unanswered or even asked questions to point you in the right direction.
What is your cardio program like? Fasted Cardio? HIIT? Slow-burn? What is your average daily calorie burn?
What is your diet like? Can you post an honest sample day?
What is your training split, exercises, sets & reps like?
Then, maybe we can get somewhere...

Well, I don't know about everything, but I do know that you do not have to "recomp" down to low body fat levels. It doesn't matter how much muscle you have, you can hardcore diet down to 10% BF or whatever. Just have to be disciplined/consistent.

Way too many unanswered or even asked questions to point you in the right direction.
What is your cardio program like? Fasted Cardio? HIIT? Slow-burn? What is your average daily calorie burn?
What is your diet like? Can you post an honest sample day?
What is your training split, exercises, sets & reps like?
Then, maybe we can get somewhere...

Will get to these.
had a long 24hr shift yesterday, then had to go to a p.a.t.
Did not make it home till 2pm today, started at 8am sunday,(did get some sleep on the overnight, but aint the same as my own bed). I am exhausted right now, and need to work a 16hr day tomorrow.

Done many forms.

Cardio 5days aweek.
Have done a fair share of fasted Cardio. When the weather is nice go outside asap in the am. about 30min LISS

HIIT has it's place, if my legs are not sure I will tend to do hiit. Gets you that satisfaction that you need and in less time. On an ArchTrainer. was at x3week at 24min (including 2min wu and 2min cooldown)
did this when i was using more carbs

If it is LISS. Either Inclined Treadmill or StairMaster(starting to do more stairs as of late if soccer moms are not on the only 2 at the gym). 30mins no less but do work in more.
did this more when i was ketoing

Do my best not to skip out on cardio, which is why I will work in HIIT and LISS when appropiate body soreness wise.

Lifting usually will fall in the 90min range give or take.

Last edited:
think the best thing is to find my way through the holidays.
And start 2011 off with a bang. call it a NewYears Resolution if you want, lol.
Looking at going with Phil, price is right, and already started taking wtih him via email.

no more gimmics in 2011.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Itisisaysme510
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity