YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Any current gamers here? What you playin?

DrBeefcake777

Banned
It’s more accepted than ever... no not TRT, that too but I mean playing games.

Anyone here like to grind? What games do you play?

I switched to PC over a year ago, so I’ll crack out on the new COD, Fortnite, or I’ll download whatever is free on Xbox game pass.

It’s a good hobby to have if you’re into it. Keeps me from complete boredom sometimes and I love getting competitive. Tournaments are great.

In DFW we have this new huge esports arena that’s spectacular.

Im really into PC gamin,have been for years. I play most of my stuff on Steam. Right now I am playing Resident Evil 7 Biohazard. Tough game! I broke down tonight and cheated, gave myself 90 spare shotgun shells! One reason I like PC gaming. Sometimes I will cheat, but not often. I play all sorts of games. Was addicted to Everquest back in 1999 to 2002. Steam is the place to buy the games and im sure you are on there too. If you arent on there yet you need to be. There are two big sales each year. Holiday (Christmas time) and Summer. Thats when you buy games. Ill pay max maybe $25-$30 for a game that is the GOTY edition on there with all of the DLC. PC gaming might be more expensive on the hardware side becaue of the computer but you make up for a lot for how much you pay for games.

What GPU are you running now? Ive got the last gen still a gtx1080 and a gtx 1080ti on my VR PC. Ive got 2 gaming pcs. One for regular gaming and the other in a big room in the basement for VR. I use the HTC Vive. It is incredible.

My girl and I have been playing World of Warcraft. It's fun. I got hooked on it when it first came out, but a lot has changed since then.

Outlast games.
Waiting on Cyberpunk to come out.

A lot of us played sekiro this past year, me included. I think it was k1 who got all 3 endings which is going to take 2 playthroughs at a minimum.

In the last few years ive played the witcher 3, NioH, god of war 4, the outerworlds, persona 5, sekiro, metroid prime, and a few others im probably forgetting.

Currently playing death stranding.

Gaming is perfect for bodybuilders and athletes. Lets you spend spare time occupying your mind without putting wear and tear on your meat vehicle. Perfect chance to rest while having fun.

DBZ kakarot. i loved dragonball Z when i was in middle school, super nostalgic. never thought i'd be playing a game like this at 34, and thoroughly enjoying it.

Luigi haunted mansion on nintendo switch with my 8 y/o. :cool: I play for the bonding experience and still take the big hits protecting my son, just like real life. Next is yoshi wooly world. We still KILL things but they pop with a cool sound and disappear vs splatter.

My apologies up front to DrBeefcake777 . . . sorry to take your thread sideways for
a bit but . . . what kind of a laptop are you guys running your games on?

Reason I ask (the computer forum is all but dead) is I am going to be on the road a
bit, often for long periods of time and I want to process my fotos while travelling so
I don't have this mountain of 'work' to claw through when we come home.

I needed something super fast with great graphics (both for PS) so I recently purchased,
have not received, my Alienware m17 R2 with a +17 inch screen. Got all the bells and
whistles so it has gotta be better than the 15 year old l Dell I had been using, but has
since been relegated to just streaming services, which it is just barely adequate at.

Just curious what you folks are using.

Many thanks.

Im loving Ghost Recon Breakpoint right now, cant put it down.

Cod mw is unreal I think they set up new standard for long.

My apologies up front to DrBeefcake777 . . . sorry to take your thread sideways for
a bit but . . . what kind of a laptop are you guys running your games on?

Reason I ask (the computer forum is all but dead) is I am going to be on the road a
bit, often for long periods of time and I want to process my fotos while travelling so
I don't have this mountain of 'work' to claw through when we come home.

I needed something super fast with great graphics (both for PS) so I recently purchased,
have not received, my Alienware m17 R2 with a +17 inch screen. Got all the bells and
whistles so it has gotta be better than the 15 year old l Dell I had been using, but has
since been relegated to just streaming services, which it is just barely adequate at.

Just curious what you folks are using.

Many thanks.
I only game on a big huge desk top pc, a tower. Built custom. The power supply is 1000 watts. Size isn't a worry. Since you're wanting to game on a lap top, your experience is going to be different.

I just bought one of my daughters an Asus gaming laptop, that's about my extent of knowledge on gaming laptops. As long as your laptop has a separate dedicated graphics card then you're on the right track. My daughters has a nvidia gtx or rtx, not sure, 1070 or 2070.

What card does your alienware have?

You should go into the power settings for windows 10 and set it up for performance, where it doesn't limit the power to the CPU or GPU. I've not messed with it for a while, but everytime I build a new rig I will go in and change that setting. I think the default is more energy conscious. With yours being a laptop, that's going to run down your battery faster. Suppose you could play with it plugged in.

Alienware is supposed to make the best gaming laptops. Asus is another good one. The GPU of course is the most important thing.

M, et al., I am not a gamer or planning on gaming, I just wanted the processing speed and graphics
for Photoshop. Probably overkill but I keep stuff a long time and seeing as how I am already buying
outdated technology (we all do) I wanted start off with the top of the line . . . I'm hoping at least.

Sorry if I did not make that clear.

Can't believe I am talking computers :eek:

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 Processor Label
No FGA
76Wh Battery (6-Cell)
Killer Wi-Fi 6 AX1650 (2x2) and Bluetooth 5.0
17.3" FHD (1920 x 1080) 144Hz 9ms 72% color gamut with Eyesafe(R) and Tobii Eyetracking technology
1TB (2x 512GB PCIe M.2 SSD) RAID0
16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 2666MHz
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 6GB GDDR6 (OC Ready)
Windows 10 Pro (64bit) English
Killer Networking E3000 2.5Gbps Ethernet NIC
240W Power Adapter
9th Generation Intel Core i7-9750H (6-Core, 12MB Cache, up to 4.5GHz w/ Turbo Boost)

Nice CPU. That GPU will be more than what you need I think, since you're not gaming. I thought you might game while traveling to pass the time. Sounded like you might be alone?

I agree that you were smart to buy a higher end pc. That means you can wait longer to buy a new one. I did that the last time I built my pc and bought the best they had at the time. Put in 64 GB of ram!

I notice your pc has 16 GB ram. Doing graphics I think you'd do better with more RAM but that amount is certainly sufficient. I dont even know if lap tops come with more than that. On my desktop I find that I can load hundreds of high res pictures almost instantaneously with the 64gb.

You've got a great SSD too, and that makes things fast.

Here's one with 32gb ram. **broken link removed**

This one too
**broken link removed**

Luigi haunted mansion on nintendo switch with my 8 y/o. :cool: I play for the bonding experience and still take the big hits protecting my son, just like real life. Next is yoshi wooly world. We still KILL things but they pop with a cool sound and disappear vs splatter.

Exactly the reason why I clicked on this thread and why I love it lol, along with everyone in here lol. My son has been playing games for years, he's now 10 and I still "try" to play some on his switch and PC.

Even though I'm not a big gamer myself, mainly because I just suck, I do play for that bond with my son. And that's funny you say you "take the hit" lol! I'm the same damn way!

So I'm really glad to see so many people play games on here. :)

Right now im stuck on ( all PC games) COD black ops, world of warcraft but private servers with old expansions because I cant stand what happened to the game and star wars the old republic.
I do need a new laptop though.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
bradyfan127