advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Any current gamers here? What you playin?

I have all systems and been a gamer for a very long time. I have playedView attachment 122161 WOW since beta but i quit about 4 years ago, found it was to additive and caused me to become to lazy as that's all i wanted to do. I built a very nice desk top with 3 monitors about 8 months ago and play COD, Red Dead 2, GTA 5 Modded on other ppl's servers.
My system is:

NZXT KrakenX52 case
ASRock X570 Taichi WiFi Black
2x EVGA GeForce RTX 2080TI's
AMD Ryzen 9 3950x
NZXT E850 Gold Digital PSU
G. Skill Trident Z RGB 16GB 3600MHz x2 = 32GB
Samsung 860 EVO - 1.0 TB x2
Windows 10 Pro

My Basic run down.

Try out an ultrawide screen monitor. They are great, and now most games support it natively. 3440x1440 is usually supported now in most game. Ive been using mine now for over 5 years. I have an Asus. Do you find that most games utilize the video cards run in SLI? Ive read that many dont really. i ran it a long time ago and used had one card dedicated to physx and the other did the rest. It seemed to help some, but i couldnt quantify it. It wasnt that much better I think.

I will be building a new PC in the spring and plan on getting a rtx 3090. Right now all the 3000 series cards are sold out everywhere. Im in no rush and hope by the spring the availability will be good. For awhile you couldnt even find I9 CPUs.

Zero reason to SLI anymore if the new cards even support it. If you have a 2080 or 2080TI you're good. If you can find a 3080 more power to you.

Try out an ultrawide screen monitor. They are great, and now most games support it natively. 3440x1440 is usually supported now in most game. Ive been using mine now for over 5 years. I have an Asus. Do you find that most games utilize the video cards run in SLI? Ive read that many dont really. i ran it a long time ago and used had one card dedicated to physx and the other did the rest. It seemed to help some, but i couldnt quantify it. It wasnt that much better I think.

I will be building a new PC in the spring and plan on getting a rtx 3090. Right now all the 3000 series cards are sold out everywhere. Im in no rush and hope by the spring the availability will be good. For awhile you couldnt even find I9 CPUs.

Zero reason to SLI anymore if the new cards even support it. If you have a 2080 or 2080TI you're good. If you can find a 3080 more power to you.
Yeah, from what I read a lot of games don't really support it. I did read somewhere that you can SLI video cards that are not the same models now. I could see doing that, using an older card to run the physx and the new one for everything else.

Id have to look into it more, but if I can do it I will use my gtx 1080 ti with the new rtx 3090 I get. The 3090 is like the new ti or titan .Not sure which. They changed the nomenclature some.

I discovered that if you buy the best card out when you put together your pc, it allows you to skip a whole generation of cards. In the past id not do that, and end up having to buy another entire card in-between to upgrade my pc. Ended up spending the same amount of money or more in the end.

I think its now smart to just buy the best and be set for the next 5 years plus. The gtx 1080 im using is still able to run most games coming out ok. Right now I'm playing games from 2018 and can max out most settings and still get an average of about 65 fps on 3440x1440.

After awhile the cpu becomes the bottleneck and you have to replace the board and cpu.

Even the occasional game that supports SLI is just a 30-40% increase in performance for 100% additional cost. And this is before we consider drivers. Most people arent using this setup so the drivers are not being tweaked to support the few games that offer SLI support.

That said if you go this route id be curious to see what the benchmarks say but I'd think a 2080 super or higher is perfect for what you need.

Even the occasional game that supports SLI is just a 30-40% increase in performance for 100% additional cost. And this is before we consider drivers. Most people arent using this setup so the drivers are not being tweaked to support the few games that offer SLI support.

That said if you go this route id be curious to see what the benchmarks say but I'd think a 2080 super or higher is perfect for what you need.
I have a feeling that if you use a card with ray tracing that the other card must too. Might even have to be in the same series. Could get a 3090 and a 3070 and run them together in SLI. From what I understand, you don't have to be sure the cards are identical as they once had to.

Since my current pc is still good, I'm waiting till next year when the 3090s are widely available. Just a matter of time. Right now is a terrible time to buy a nvida card because they are no longer making the 2000 series, so whatever you get now is what is left over. I think the 2080 and higher are all sold out in most stores. Prices are as high as the new 3000 series. The new 3080 is going to cost a lot less than the 2080 did.

I think nvidia is worried about competition. Intel is coming out with their own line of cards. Competition is great for consumers! Nvidia and intel are old enemies.

The game is called "Chicken". It's where I compete with covert players to take it to the next level, making obserd comments on the board. I know some of the guys are making fun of me because I'm back here playing. Nonetheless, the competition is attempting to "out weird" me, so I can't lose this game.

BTW, Silicon Graphics did ray tracing, initially inventing OpenGL. What happened?

Unboxing the Xbox Series X

Consoles continue to be a steal. The companies make very little money from selling them. At one point Sony and others were actually losing some money when they sold a console. The profit is all in the games. $59.99 a piece for a new game does it fast for them.

That console is a steal too since you can use it to play 4k movie discs. I have a real nice Panasonic 4k player but it was expensive.

This article talks about how Microsoft is not making sellng the new xbox series x their main focus, and rightly so because as I mentioned earlier the profit margin on that is slim. Now the money lies not only in selling games but also their subscription service. I had forgotten about that. They have over 15 million subsribers, im not sure the monthly cost for customers, but you can imagine the monthly income there.

They see the new xbox console as being a way to maybe gain some new players and also to keep the ones they already have. Perhaps the newest games will come out with both a series x release and a standard older gen xbox version.

As you stated Ray Tracing has been around for a minute. The issue has been getting the hardware to a place where it can make use of it. We are finally at that point.

The game is called "Chicken". It's where I compete with covert players to take it to the next level, making obserd comments on the board. I know some of the guys are making fun of me because I'm back here playing. Nonetheless, the competition is attempting to "out weird" me, so I can't lose this game.

BTW, Silicon Graphics did ray tracing, initially inventing OpenGL. What happened?

Unboxing the PlayStation 5

Just started Shadow of The Tomb Raider, one of the first games that had ray tracing coded in it. Im running an older gtx 1080 now though so cant do that. This is the first game where I had to turn down about 5 settings from their highest. Got frame rate in the mid to lower 60s average now and it looks smooth. Stunning graphics in 3440x1440. My cpu is a 6 core I7 that is also more than 5 years old. At the time it was one of the better CPUs. Time has caught up. This game was 2018. Im pretty sure thats when the new rtx 2000 series was released with ray tracing.

PlayStation 5 Review

Xbox Series X Review

War Thunder!!!!! Even got a friend hooked on the game as well. hahahah

COD Warzone.

Currently trying to get my SMG's Platinum!

COD Warzone.

Currently trying to get my SMG's Platinum!
They have a new game coming out soon. I haven't played any of the games for awhile because I mostly do just single player campaigns. CoD seems to be mostly PvP now?

Staff online

• MikeS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrcivic
NapsGear