advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Any evidence for benefit for separating carbs/fats?

The body produces a range of enzymes for digesting various types of food. I have never seen anything that shows it only produces the enzymes that are required for what is eaten at the moment. So I would have to believe that mixing foods is acceptable, as long as it is an amount that the body can digest at each feeding.

i look a benefice in pre contest diet, in bulk period no

I've seen this more and more often from some big name, very smart coaches (Jordan Peters and Scott Stevenson come to mind). Basically keeping all meals protein/fat and then the meals around your workout are all protein/carbs... is this purely to reduce exposure to excess insulin throughout the day or is there more to this?

I've read an article a few weeks ago that I can't find for the life of me.. but in a nut shell it was explaining how fats "clog" up some kind of receptor making insulin's job harder, therefor causing insulin resistance. I been doing some pubmed/forum browsing and I can't find any studies that support or negate it.

Honestly, you need to watch all of Jordans videos.
He isn't a believer in the separating carbs and fats and stated this in his videos.
He just believes that fat will slow down the absorption (he's on insulin during these times) AND he believes that most carbs need to be around workouts (much like JM)

Once again, I don't believe EITHER of these dudes buy into the separating proteins and fats specifically. They just keep the majority of their carbs AROUND their workout window.

I think a lot of this depends on body type. Are you naturally a fatty? Or a bag of bones like me?

At the same time, most people try to keep fats low while taking exo insulin during the active period. The simple way of looking at it is insulin is a storage hormone, and theory is the fats you eat while insulin is active will get shuttled to fat cells quicker. Same theory is then applied to every day life, just not as a pronounced affect.

I personally think this theory holds more water when in a caloric surplus. In a deficit, I don't think it makes as much of a difference.
It's not only bodytype. It's also digestion. Everytime I mix too many carbs wirh fats or vice versa I get bloated like a gas cannon.

Insulin can't store fat. It only shuttles carbs

:confused::naughty:

Whatever is floating in your blood, exogenous insulin will make its circulating levels decrease... and store them. Carbs, amino's or fatty acids... just like any micronutrient (sodium, potassium, magnesium, etc) or other substance (meds, drugs, etc...).

So much that if one is experiencing some potentially deadly sky high potassium level (especially if using a K+ sparing diuretic), injecting slin IV (along with glucose) is one of the methods used to avoid a fatal issue (stroke).

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
jd08
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131