YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Any evidence for benefit for separating carbs/fats?

jpkoepse

Registered
I've seen this more and more often from some big name, very smart coaches (Jordan Peters and Scott Stevenson come to mind). Basically keeping all meals protein/fat and then the meals around your workout are all protein/carbs... is this purely to reduce exposure to excess insulin throughout the day or is there more to this?

I've read an article a few weeks ago that I can't find for the life of me.. but in a nut shell it was explaining how fats "clog" up some kind of receptor making insulin's job harder, therefor causing insulin resistance. I been doing some pubmed/forum browsing and I can't find any studies that support or negate it.

Don't forget D.C. Has been preaching this too for a very long time.

Interesting that you started this thread as I was meaning to start something similar once I did a little more research. I was watching some documentary on Netflix the other day that was suggesting this - that diabetes is not caused by consuming too much sugar alone, that it has more to do with fats that occupy some receptor site and block the carbs from being absorbed which caused elevated blood glucose levels. I fell asleep about 15 minutes into it but was pretty surprised at what I was hearing in the documentary because I have not heard this before.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Interesting that you started this thread as I was meaning to start something similar once I did a little more research. I was watching some documentary on Netflix the other day that was suggesting this - that diabetes is not caused by consuming too much sugar alone, that it has more to do with fats that occupy some receptor site and block the carbs from being absorbed which caused elevated blood glucose levels. I fell asleep about 15 minutes into it but was pretty surprised at what I was hearing in the documentary because I have not heard this before.

The documentary is What the Health. They basically state wanna be healthy? Go vegan.

The documentary is What the Health. They basically state wanna be healthy? Go vegan.

Yea I shut that documentary off after a few minutes. They made every food that comes from animals out to be bad. I'll never be a damn vegan so I won't wast my time watching that flawed documentary.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

NO...

its simply a low carb diet....

with carbs around training...

NO MAGIC DUST.....

:cool:

Yea I shut that documentary off after a few minutes. They made every food that comes from animals out to be bad. I'll never be a damn vegan so I won't wast my time watching that flawed documentary.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I keep seeing everyone talking about it too. Ugh

overthinking eating is just gonna lead everywhere, then nowhere.
research it and you'll see "proof" that this works, others say its total shit.
sides, most everything u eat except meat, is gonna have protein,fats, and carbs in it. fruits, veggies, grains, they all do.
what tenny said.
or go slow carbs if insulin response is what u wanna control.

Ill pair that up with my 20mg/ed trt sub q dose and turn pro this weekend. :rolleyes:

Don't forget D.C. Has been preaching this too for a very long time.

Man thank you....i was kind of shocked when i read that first post and didnt see my name in there

Man thank you....i was kind of shocked when i read that first post and didnt see my name in there

I was in the middle of a Jordan Peters/Scott Stevenson podcast.. so those were the first people who came to mind. Forgive me good sir

Ill pair that up with my 20mg/ed trt sub q dose and turn pro this weekend. :rolleyes:

This isn't a "will this turn me pro", "is this going to radically change my physique" thread.. I'm asking about insulin sensitivity etc... some very educated people advise setting up diets this way. My question is why and where is evidence.

This isn't a "will this turn me pro", "is this going to radically change my physique" thread.. I'm asking about insulin sensitivity etc... some very educated people advise setting up diets this way. My question is why and where is evidence.

I think a lot of this depends on body type. Are you naturally a fatty? Or a bag of bones like me?

At the same time, most people try to keep fats low while taking exo insulin during the active period. The simple way of looking at it is insulin is a storage hormone, and theory is the fats you eat while insulin is active will get shuttled to fat cells quicker. Same theory is then applied to every day life, just not as a pronounced affect.

I personally think this theory holds more water when in a caloric surplus. In a deficit, I don't think it makes as much of a difference.

Last edited:
I think a lot of this depends on body type. Are you naturally a fatty? Or a bag of bones like me?

At the same time, most people try to keep fats low while taking exo insulin during the active period. The simple way of looking at it is insulin is a storage hormone, and theory is the fats you eat while insulin is active will get shuttled to fat cells quicker. Same theory is then applied to every day life, just not as a pronounced affect.

I personally think this theory holds more water when in a caloric surplus. In a deficit, I don't think it makes as much of a difference.

Insulin can't store fat. It only shuttles carbs

Less insulin resistance

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member