advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Any evidence injectable testosterone suppresses natural testosterone production?

ExtraSourCream

Registered
Hey guy. A family member in his mid-sixties has recently been influenced by my mother to obtain hormone therapy. Well he did at the doctor, a SHE, has prescribed him 100mg every 30 days. My mom and I have tried to explain to him why this is not optimal or even beneficial.

We seemed to get through to him and he went back to the doctor today with more questions and when he tried to explain why he thought her protocol was bad, (regurgitating the same information my mother and I told him) she bout had a cow and started to challenge him and wanted him to show her proof. Since he was just regurgitating and had no real understanding why it works the way it does, he has decided to believe his urologist and dismiss our concerns for his shit protocol, and even instructed ya to not believe anything we read online.

My question to you all, dies anyone have any reputable articles, possibly from top universities or something? Quoting anabolic steroid sources will not appear credible due to their nature, even though that's where all the prime knowledge is stored.

Any help will be appreciated, he is a good guy and deserves to be educated regarding this. Thanks guys.

Last edited:
some threads just amaze me... here's one of them

some threads just amaze me... here's one of them

The body's here at PM amaze me, yours is not one of them. I do not know if you have ever attended school before, but I am looking for Credible sources suited for the masses. I am trying to explain to a near 70 year old man with no back ground regarding hormones or even simple science, nor do I have training in teaching.

I am not DENYING that natural Test is not suppressed I know it is., I am rather trying to HELP someone and save someone from spending their money, time. And the moods swings that will follow his poor HRT regimen. By therefore providing highly credible sources for him to read and research. HE does not believe natural test is suppress when Exo test is introduced, his doctor said that was a lie, she also said that 100 mg of test in plenty for a month. She challenged him to prove it. Yes I have searched google, but how do you think it's going to look if he takes in a bunch of printed information from an anabolic steroid website , which is pretty much what pops up in google. I am looking for RESEARCH. I can't believe I had to spell it out for you in different terms so your pea brain can understand. Neither one of you bothered to read my post, and if you did you seriously lack any comprehensive skills. Thank you swift for providing a piece of what I was seeking.

Last edited:
What amazes me is the fact that these people go to school for 8-10 years and come out with less actual knowledge on retardedly important subjects (the function of some of the most important hormones in our body) than most guys that know how to use google.

I work in a pharmacy and over and over my managers shock me with their idiocy. They know nothing about growth hormone, testosterone, hcg, or clomid other than that tesosterone and growth hormone are "bad" and they always skip counseling patients when it comes to them because they know nothing about them.

One of my pharmacists said that HCG was growth hormone.........this bitch went to school for 8 fucking years and her ONLY job is to know everything about the drugs in that pharmacy and she knows less than a second year college student (me) by a long shot...or anyone with google for that matter.

It fucking disgusts me that these people are willing to play with peoples hormones in such a careless and uninformed manner.

/rant.

People make mistakes including doctors. They're only human. It's funny how people are so quick to judge others.

Get a second doctors opinion if it bothers you that much.

You never mentioned if the guy had low test levels to begin with. For all we know he has naturally high test levels for someone his age.

Heres an article with the benefits of 200mg enanthate twice monthly...maybe you can show her that: Effect of testosterone replacement therapy on lipids and lipoproteins in hypogonadal and elderly men

but then theres this which isnt a scholarly article:
Testosterone Replacement Therapy in Men

"In boys who have not yet reached puberty and elderly men, lower doses are usually used at the beginning to avoid excessive increases in libido or energy, which may be dangerous...The standard starting dose is one injection containing 200–250 mg of testosterone every 2–3 weeks. The dose may be reduced to as little as 100 mg in very young or old men"

hope this helps

Last edited:
how bout this question for the dr.... assuming he is Rx`d cyp or enth (nobody really Rx`s undeconate) why take a 7 day half life every 30 days? Waste of thread. If he is such a good, smart guy let him do his own research or F`em and let him slowly turn into a woman.

Assuming its cyp or enanthate a 100mg injection would have 5.7mg testosterone left after 30 days. Im assuming the doctors logic is to wait until exogenous testosterone levels diminish before another dose is introduced. The ending level of 5.7mg seems like something that is a natural level...unless im mistaken.

A practical guide to male hypogonadism in the primary care setting

Under IM administration of article 2 weeks was common practice, but well informed doctors opt for least once week or more. Mine has me do 50mg 3 x week.

Intramuscular injections

Testosterone injections have been available for at least 50 years and are usually the cheapest choice for treatment. The testosterone esters, testosterone enanthate or testosterone cypionate, are administered in the office or at home by the patient or a designate. A characteristic of injected testosterone esters is that, after the injection, the serum testosterone levels rise to supraphysiological levels, after which they gradually decline into the hypogonadal range by the end of the dosing interval. Some patients show parallel variations in breast tenderness, sexual activity, emotional stability (anger or depression) and general well-being (fatigue) as the testosterone levels change over time. The usual frequency of injections is once every 2 weeks. The oscillations in the serum testosterone levels can be reduced by increasing the frequency of injections to once a week. However, in some cases, to obtain testosterone concentrations continuously in the normal range would require unacceptably frequent injections of small doses. Mood and sexual function fluctuations can be reduced by starting with lower doses and titrating upward.

Last edited:
Even the AACE as conservative as they are recommend 150-200 every 2 weeks. Is his doctor that stupid she couldn't even look up the AACE guidelines. I find a new doc ASAP.

**broken link removed**

You could maybe convince trying the Transbuccal System. So you use bucca lozenge everyday at low dose 30-50mg and only 15% gets absorb so at least he be getting adequate dose and this would show benefit as well keeping levels steady health wise.

Well, I'm not really sure what you're asking.

First, you seem to be asking for evidence that injectible test supresses natural test production.

But then you talk about a protocol your friend received as not being optimal, and seem to want some evidence that it's not optimal?

Perhaps posting a specific question would be a good starting point, however:

**broken link removed**

Note that the above link uses Google Scholar. You will not get any "AAS Boards" in the result sets. I just searched for "testosterone replacement therapy males".

Another scholarly resource would be PubMed. Again, by using this search engine, you would not get any "AAS board" results.

However, you're going to be rewarded for putting in precise searches with better results.

Good luck.

Have you ever heard of Google?

160ybfa.gif

You never mentioned if the guy had low test levels to begin with. For all we know he has naturally high test levels for someone his age.

The standard starting dose is one injection containing 200–250 mg of testosterone every 2–3 weeks. The dose may be reduced to as little as 100 mg in very young or old men"

hope this helps

double, sorry

Last edited:

The standard starting dose is one injection containing 200–250 mg of testosterone every 2–3 weeks. The dose may be reduced to as little as 100 mg in very young or old men"

hope this helps

So because men who are 70 should just automatically accept that 225 is ok because it is normal for their age? (I made up the number.. it is an example... don't freak out)
What the hell is medicine for then anyway?

fuck that.

wow, the guy comes to what he expects to be professional people who know about testosterone and he gets flamed .... by some very knowledgeable vets I might add.

That would just blow my mind... oh wait, it already did.

:banghead::banghead::banghead:

I think he is asking the question like he is because the doc probably just thinks she is supplementing his natural test levels, so 100mgs/month to her is fine. We all know this is not the case, even though there seems to be some posters here that agree with her, whom are completely wrong. You don't let the half lives diminish so low that you put the patient on a roller coaster ride, anyone that does not understand this should go back and do some more research.

I agree, why the hell should someone be happy with a level that is "normal for there age". If you have actually studied how they come up with these numbers, they are from men 18-90, including sick and diseased people, so these numbers are lower than what they really should be.

There is plenty of information if you just google it, this doctor does not know her TRT and should not be talking to anyone about it.

People make mistakes including doctors. They're only human. It's funny how people are so quick to judge others.

Get a second doctors opinion if it bothers you that much.

True but your dr. Is the last person u want making a mistake

My accountant,my house keeper, my lawn company anyone but my DR.:D

Honestly I know mistakes happen but if my DR. Ever did I find a new one azap

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members