over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Any experienced Lantus users?

Diesed

Registered
I am seriously considering incorporating lantus slin into my upcoming cycle from all the good things I have been reading about it, and was hoping I could get some input from any experienced users regarding their recommended dosing protocol, and how to efficiently structure your macros while on it. From my understanding, it's generally taken first thing in the morning, and stays active for 24-26 hours, but never peaks hard like log or humalin etc. So would one consume pro/carb meals all day because the slin is coursing through you all day? Or would you still want to just time your carb intake around your workouts? I'm a little foggy on it all to be honest, and the most info I could find was over at rx muscle by a member maxhitter, who seems quite knowledgeable on lantus use as it pertains to bodybuilding. Anyways, I'm reaching out for experienced users advice here.

Thanks in advance!

Afaik Lantus does peak but not intensely.

Try Levemir (Novo Nordisk) first. It doesn't peak at all and is supposedly more "forgiving" when it comes to building body fat.

I use lantus it's absolutly great!! If you wanted a lot more detailed information on a great protocol for you in specific I would talk to Adonis, you can also look in some European boards as it is huge hit overseas!

Thanks, zeus, I have spoke with adonis, and he has been very helpful, I was just looking to learn as much as I could

from experience slightly more water retention, but seem like I put on less fat.

I have a good amount of experience with Lantus. It's my preferred insulin. The only other insulin I like is humulin. Levemir is okay if you can't get lantus but it's not as powerful of a muscle builder. Lantus has some cross interaction with IGF-1 receptors on paper, which seems to apply in reality since I gain more LBM with lantus than with levemir.

Insulin use is NOT healthy, IMO. Both very high peaking and sustained elevations in insulin are supported by lots of research to directly correlate with poor health and expedited aging.

Then again, AAS use is considered by many to be unhealthy also. It's all really beside the point because insulin and GH are very powerful body changers when combined, and many like the idea of using them together. I still think that periodic insulin use with more moderate AAS use is better than no insulin use and abuse of AAS.

Lantus doesn't peak much if at all. It's a basal insulin. Your basal insulin levels will be elevated as a result of using it, however you will still produce a bolus at a meal in response to elevated blood glucose/amino acids. Over long periods of time, having elevated basal insulin will decrease insulin sensitivity some and also potentially cause other damage. This will come on a lot slower than if using a higher peaking insulin like Humulin/Humulog several times per day, consistently. Fat gain should also be less as there is likely to be less total insulin in the blood. Regarding the first issue (insulin sensitivity), this may be mitigated some if the Lantus is activating IGF-1 receptors as a different path of glucose disposal, however I wouldn't count on it completely.

I used lantus for 4-8 weeks at a time, in "blast" fashion with AAS and GH (10iu/ED when on Lantus) and I was able to grow lean, big and did so quite quickly. When I had been interested in competing, I was able to use the above protocol with moderate doses of AAS to get to about 250lbs at 5'10" at 22yrs old. I was also about 8% body-fat, so quite lean. I had room to keep growing, but chose not to as other priorities came about in my life.

Once you learn how to us Humalog you will never think about using lantus again

I used it for 2x 3week cycles

Adonis heled me a lot with it but Humalog is where it is at

Pre and post workout= beastmode

I have a good amount of experience with Lantus. It's my preferred insulin. The only other insulin I like is humulin. Levemir is okay if you can't get lantus but it's not as powerful of a muscle builder. Lantus has some cross interaction with IGF-1 receptors on paper, which seems to apply in reality since I gain more LBM with lantus than with levemir.

Insulin use is NOT healthy, IMO. Both very high peaking and sustained elevations in insulin are supported by lots of research to directly correlate with poor health and expedited aging.

Then again, AAS use is considered by many to be unhealthy also. It's all really beside the point because insulin and GH are very powerful body changers when combined, and many like the idea of using them together. I still think that periodic insulin use with more moderate AAS use is better than no insulin use and abuse of AAS.

Lantus doesn't peak much if at all. It's a basal insulin. Your basal insulin levels will be elevated as a result of using it, however you will still produce a bolus at a meal in response to elevated blood glucose/amino acids. Over long periods of time, having elevated basal insulin will decrease insulin sensitivity some and also potentially cause other damage. This will come on a lot slower than if using a higher peaking insulin like Humulin/Humulog several times per day, consistently. Fat gain should also be less as there is likely to be less total insulin in the blood. Regarding the first issue (insulin sensitivity), this may be mitigated some if the Lantus is activating IGF-1 receptors as a different path of glucose disposal, however I wouldn't count on it completely.

I used lantus for 4-8 weeks at a time, in "blast" fashion with AAS and GH (10iu/ED when on Lantus) and I was able to grow lean, big and did so quite quickly. When I had been interested in competing, I was able to use the above protocol with moderate doses of AAS to get to about 250lbs at 5'10" at 22yrs old. I was also about 8% body-fat, so quite lean. I had room to keep growing, but chose not to as other priorities came about in my life.

Thanks adonis, much appreciated! So for a first time user, would you recommend lantus, or humalog? I'm aiming for as little to no fat gain here, if possible

Once you learn how to us Humalog you will never think about using lantus again

I used it for 2x 3week cycles

Adonis heled me a lot with it but Humalog is where it is at

Pre and post workout= beastmode

Care to elaborate on the humalog protocol adonis helped you with? I would really appreciate it

Adonis thank you very much for your answer!

What do you think about Lantus without GH?

Care to elaborate on the humalog protocol adonis helped you with? I would really appreciate it

He helped me with lantus protocol

The Humalog is my own I expiremented before and got real fat but put on muscle atm 1week in .5% fat gain 7lb increase

Simple just 10iu pre workout 30min 10iu post workout

I put my peri workout nutrition in the post workout shake thread

Thanks adonis, much appreciated! So for a first time user, would you recommend lantus, or humalog? I'm aiming for as little to no fat gain here, if possible

There are multiple ways to skin a cat. I think guys who do well with intra workout nutrition can get great gains from SMA's fast acting slin protocol.

Do any of the sponsors sell lantis?

Can't get hold of it anywhere

I thing b-boy said something like, 50iu mon-fri lantis
Then on weekends zero slin, plus very low carbs to get insulin sensitivity back to normal,

Also is hgh a must on lantis too stop fat gain?

There are multiple ways to skin a cat. I think guys who do well with intra workout nutrition can get great gains from SMA's fast acting slin protocol.

Yes I truly believe where it's at one of the things that's helped me is actually taking in more carbs when slin is active and keeping Gh away when slin is active

Those 2 things are key

Do any of the sponsors sell lantis?

Can't get hold of it anywhere

I thing b-boy said something like, 50iu mon-fri lantis
Then on weekends zero slin, plus very low carbs to get insulin sensitivity back to normal,

Also is hgh a must on lantis too stop fat gain?

find a diabetic person, they have plenty. personally get all from a nurse when it comes to slin, most doctors get tons of samples that they simply give out.

Been using lantus daily for about 4-5 months @ 40iu/day. I prefer lantus over all other insulin.

The sponsor in my sig has lantus

Yes I truly believe where it's at one of the things that's helped me is actually taking in more carbs when slin is active and keeping Gh away when slin is active

Those 2 things are key

Following that protocall when do would you pin GH then? b4 bed?

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Mwi212
NapsGear